No announcement yet.

Getting in to see the DC speakers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still like the idea of some reserved seating for maybe some of the dc-groups, and if it is not offical I will have to sneak in with some "dc707" signs and afix them to chairs, like a ninja.
    ~:CK:~
    I would like to meet a 1 to keep my 0 company.

Comment

Originally posted by ck3k
      I still like the idea of some reserved seating for maybe some of the dc-groups, and if it is not offical I will have to sneak in with some "dc707" signs and afix them to chairs, like a ninja.
      Ninjas are cool; and by cool, I mean totally sweet.

--simple3

Comment

I don't feel like quoting everyone so I won't.

We hope to have the space issues worked out this year. All should be well and it's shaping up to be a great con.

Also, Defcon TV will broadcast each presentation to the rooms, as well as the movie channel, and info channel.
        .: Grifter :.

Comment

Basic overview of Plan Ninja

I can see people like to make things more complex than they need to be. Here is my plan for DEF CON this year.

We are using the three largest areas for speaking. We have moved the vendors to a smaller area. We are using an additional room that was not used well last year, next to the lobby, for contests and events. We have done all we can to maximize speaking space, and not have the other events suffer. The only other way to increase speaking space is to rent another tent, but there are cost and space issues on where to put it. The roof, like last year, is off limits to us.

The only thing that made sense to put outdoors is the hacker / fed dunk tank. That's between pools one and two (With proceeds going to the EFF)

The Dark Tangent
          PGP key: dtangent@defcon.org valid 2020 Jan 15, to 2024 Jan 01 Fingerprint: BC5B CD9A C609 1B6B CD81 9636 D7C6 E96C FE66 156A

Comment

We'll be watching most of the talks via CCTV, and we'll try to get into some. We like to mingle and the room thing kinda screws that up. (we'll mingle after the talks, but since we'll be drunk, we won't remember anything) Maybe if there could be projectors and chairs sitting round. I know it would be hot, but it could help with the mingle factor. Hardcore people waited in the sun last year w/o seeing anything. I could see a projector shooting onto the tent for people in line...? Or an outdoor theater by the pool? Dunno... just another possibility. DC is probably too soon for this to happen this year... so while you're there look for good places to setup a projector. :>

Or better yet, if you have a projector bring it and a long cable :> You can use the back of our room.

-Bounty

Comment

I did not think it possible to move the vendors to a smaller area. This will no doubt encourage sales by the pool or off-vendor-site.

Comment

Anybody with an AP room where I can watch presentations?

Anybody here reserved for the AP willing to offer a fallback position for when I don't make it into the best talks?

I've got beer, and a TiVo.

Comment

Working...
                X