X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skroo
    replied
    Originally posted by drdank
    In my day, we were on the phone for an hour downloading a GIF that might possibly have been a vagina in 4 color CGA and we LIKED IT.
    I remember one of the more popular bits of w4r3z at Atari copyfests (I mean, User Group meetings) being the page-flipped smurfsex animation. Four frames of some little blue critter doing a little blue female critter doggy-style. uNF!

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    I actually played Don Quixote in a school play, I wonder if that left he scarred. More misadventures Sancho!

Leave a comment:

• highwizard
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by astcell
    One nice things about downloading text at 300 baud is that you can read it at its download speed. Just like typing DIR on the old 8088 boxes, you can read the directory listings as fast as they are displayed.

If anyone ever drives through Palm Springs CA and sees all those freakin' windmills, I used to be the guy responsible for slaying them.

You used to be Don Quichotte (Don Quixote)?

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    One nice things about downloading text at 300 baud is that you can read it at its download speed. Just like typing DIR on the old 8088 boxes, you can read the directory listings as fast as they are displayed.

If anyone ever drives through Palm Springs CA and sees all those freakin' windmills, I used to be the guy responsible for reading their power meters and then uploading the data to Edison for payment. The computer we used for that? It was the best at the time, an Atari 800! (later replaced by the Epson QX-10).

Leave a comment:

• drdank
    replied
    Originally posted by highwizard
    Colt 45 Premium Malt Liquor... Billy Dee Williams at his best.
    Works every time.

Leave a comment:

• highwizard
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by lil_freak
    Oh, and old 45's too.

Colt 45 Premium Malt Liquor... Billy Dee Williams at his best.

Leave a comment:

• lil_freak
    replied
    Originally posted by skroo
    It's amazing to me that there's an entire generation that has probably never used a rotary phone, record player, typewriter, acoustic coupler (or lived in a non-networked world), or impact printer. It means I'm getting old. Pass me the Corvette and bimbo, please...
    Skroo, I don't think it means your getting old. It's just means the world is moving fast and constantly changing in the way we do things.

Besides, I still use a typewriter at times, and I own a record player and the LP's to go with it. Oh, and old 45's too.

Leave a comment:

• alklloyd
    replied
    [QUOTE=astcell]Ah yes, the day I upgraded from 300 baud to 1200 baud, what an advancement in technology.QUOTE]

Kids, for a idea of what this was like: 300 baud is about the screen speed of David's computer in Wargames.

Al

Leave a comment:

• drdank
    replied
    Originally posted by skroo
    Oh, man... I'm having a flashback to this thread (well, at least the parts before it became really silly).

It's amazing to me that there's an entire generation that has probably never used a rotary phone, record player, typewriter, acoustic coupler (or lived in a non-networked world), or impact printer. It means I'm getting old. Pass me the Corvette and bimbo, please...
    How old do we have to be before we can get crochety about ANSI pr0n?

In my day, we were on the phone for an hour downloading a GIF that might possibly have been a vagina in 4 color CGA and we LIKED IT.

Leave a comment:

• skroo
    replied
    Accoustic coupler?
    Oh, man... I'm having a flashback to this thread (well, at least the parts before it became really silly).

Leave a comment:

• highwizard
    Guest replied
    Accoustic coupler?
    I still have my 1200 baud accoustic coupler....

In the words of Indian Jones "It belongs in a Museum".

Leave a comment:

• atdt
    replied
    Ah yes, the day I upgraded from 300 baud to 1200 baud, what an advancement in technology. And I think I had 8k of ram at the time. And there was CompuServe with those e-mail addresses from hell.

You young whippersnappers got it made today!
    yeap, this was quite a quantum leap in technology!
    the enthusiasm in upgrading from 1200 baud to 2400 baud - you could actually hear the upgrade ;).

Leave a comment:

• drdank
    replied
    Ah yes, the day I upgraded from 300 baud to 1200 baud, what an advancement in technology.
    Accoustic coupler?

Leave a comment:

• JoeSchmuck
    replied
    Ah yes, the day I upgraded from 300 baud to 1200 baud, what an advancement in technology. And I think I had 8k of ram at the time. And there was CompuServe with those e-mail addresses from hell.

Funny, interesting and semi-related...I posted this a bit earlier tonight on a different thread.

http://forum.defcon.org/showpost.php...14&postcount=2
    Last edited by JoeSchmuck; June 3, 2004, 23:34. Reason: clarifying

Leave a comment:

• phobal
    replied
    I can't wait for the day I get to say that!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X