Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pc-0x90
    Or he's a fucktard.

I was thinking more asshat than fucktard...

Comment

BlackBeetle has spoken

Call me a fool, but I think BlackBeetle can be considered "authoritative" on this thread or any other thread regarding Con official info.

Last year, I vaguely recall going outside, to the front of the hotel and in through a door on the front drive. It was clearly marked, even for the vision impaired. I recall being pleased and surprised that I remembered my money...
      That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Registration will be exactly 15 minutes long, taking place from 6.45 to 7am on Friday; this is to keep in step with the known early-rising habits of most hackers. After that, no more badges will be sold. Armed guards with dogs (with bees in their mouths, that shoot bees when they bark) will then proceed to seal off the entire perimeter of the hotel for the duration of the con; nobody will be allowed in or out until the closing ceremonies have completed on Sunday. Better stock up on food, booze, and necessary medical supplies beforehand and bring them in with you; none will be provided once inside. Oh, and there's now going to be a 7.30pm curfew with an 8pm lights-out; power to all buildings will be cut at that time. Anyone found awake or outside of their room after 7.30pm will be shot by the bee-barking dogs. Alexis Park staff will make periodic inspections of rooms, usually with spotlamps and tasers. If present for these inspections, body cavity searches will be required. Finally, Pool #2 will be drained and used for Roman-style gladiatorial combat to the death between those not in compliance; spectator tickets will be available for a nominal fee. Thank you for your cooperation.

Comment

Final Word?

Originally posted by ndex
          Call me a fool, but I think BlackBeetle can be considered "authoritative" on this thread or any other thread regarding Con official info.

Last year, I vaguely recall going outside, to the front of the hotel and in through a door on the front drive. It was clearly marked, even for the vision impaired. I recall being pleased and surprised that I remembered my money...
          I think this thread is dead, but I never know when to quite...

Defcons 9 and 10 held pre-registration (Thursday and early Friday) in the Parthenon (i.e., in the heart of the hotel). Normal registration must have moved somewhere else once the convention started winding up.

Defcons 11 and 12 have held both pre-registration and registration as close to the outside of the hotel as possible (i.e., the Apollo ballroom). The only problem has been that two distinct lines form: those coming from the outside and those coming down the hallway alongside the ballroom. Those coming down the hallway (e.g., me) were in the wrong and therefore "cut" in line, but security (goons or otherwise) have been very lax in monitoring the lines.

Comment

Originally posted by Yahoo! News
            4:33 AM Las Vegas, NV: In a horrific traffic accident a one person died early this morning. The circumstances of the accident are not fully known, all that is known is that it involved a tanker full of non-dairy creamer, and a microwave. The victim, known as hacker Dark Tangent, was the organizer of the famous Defcon Hacker convention. Convention officials have informed us that due to this recent news, Defcon will be cancelled. "No one needs to show up, there won't be anything happening. The Las Vegas fire marshall has shut us down until there is a better understanding of the way that non-dairy creamer, a substance which very little is known about, and microwaves, a device which noone knows how they work, interact. Don't show up, there won't be anything going on in Las Vegas. Anyone that has reservations at the Alexis Park will be able to get a refund of their deposits." The phone number for the Alexis Park is 1-800-582-2228. Source: Associated Press
            Looks like you guys can stop worrying about registration. See you all next year.

--simple3

Comment

When I need a laugh, you guys/gals always deliver.

Thanks

Al
              "Are my pants...threatening you?"

Comment

Thursday registration times

The FAQ on www.defcon.org says that there will be early on-site registration on Thursday, with times to be announced two weeks before the event. Does anyone know what those early registration times are?

Comment

Originally posted by skroo
                  Registration will be exactly 15 minutes long, taking place from 6.45 to 7am on Friday; ...
                  nobody will be allowed in or out until the closing ceremonies have completed on Sunday.
                  At least I'll have freedom of movement, Fuck the rest of you!!!
                  If anybody wants anything, e-mail Skroo and he'll have me get it. In order to reduce the number of trips, fees will be obscenely high.

Originally posted by skroo
                  Alexis Park staff will make periodic inspections of rooms, usually with spotlamps and tasers. If present for these inspections, body cavity searches will be required. Finally, Pool #2 will be drained and used for Roman-style gladiatorial combat to the death between those not in compliance; spectator tickets will be available for a nominal fee. Thank you for your cooperation.
                  The stuff I have to do! The inspections will be conducted by "The committee for weights and measures," and will largely be done to insure there is enough alcohol in the drinks. DEFCON HAS STANDARDS. (Do not quote that out of context)

The draining of pool #2 will be conducted on Saturday night. The gladiatorial combat will not be what you think it is. I will not be present, having a notoriously marked preference for the company of enticing women. Okay, Woman. But still...
                  "I know where you sleep." -Anonymous well-wisher

Comment

Working...
                  X