• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skroo
    replied
    Originally posted by anon2me2
    hey, how about Oceanside?
    If LA is too far for them to go to, Oceanside is probably also right out.

Leave a comment:

• anon2me2
    replied
    hey, how about Oceanside?

Leave a comment:

• Lyra
    replied
    Everything sounds good except the location, which we can discuss more through email and pm's.

Leave a comment:

• dbc
    replied
    Starbucks at the victor valley mall, or at VVC would be ideal locations for such meetings. I think they would start off very informal, then progress until we're talking about a specific topic each night. Hmm... I would love to give a talk about hacking Ghostscript to let one view encrypted, legally-purchased ebooks on Linux. Unfortunately though, right now I think DC760 is comprised of me & my cat. :-(

Leave a comment:

• Lyra
    replied
    There definitely need to be 2600/Defcon meetings in the High Desert. Wasting gas money to go over the pass for one short night isn't fun.

Perhaps we can get a carpool for the high desert going next year?

Leave a comment:

• JoeSchmuck
    replied
    Originally posted by dbc
    Anyone from the Victorville, Hesperia, or Apple Valley area of Southern California? I will be traveling to DefCon alone this year, so I would like to hook up with someone or a group, if possible. I live in a rural area and have been unsuccessful at finding like-minded DefCon-type people around here. Sometimes I think about attending a LA2600 meeting, but it's very far away.
    I am leaving on Thursday late morning, and should be passing through Despairia between noon and 1:PM. I am returning on Monday. I have room in my car, but not in my room. Let me know if this fits for you. If so, I'd like to meet up before the trip. I will be in Rancho Cucamonga (yes, for those of you who don't know, there really is a place) next week for business. We should hook up for coffee or something to make sure that it won't be the longest six hours of our lives.

PM me to LMK

Leave a comment:

• dbc
    started a topic 760 - High Desert California

760 - High Desert California

Anyone from the Victorville, Hesperia, or Apple Valley area of Southern California? I will be traveling to DefCon alone this year, so I would like to hook up with someone or a group, if possible. I live in a rural area and have been unsuccessful at finding like-minded DefCon-type people around here. Sometimes I think about attending a LA2600 meeting, but it's very far away.
Working...
X