X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adrenaline
    replied
    k, so here's the skinny of it:

the defcon12 moblog was live, but because the forums had been taken down about an hour after I posted the link, it didnt work out well. I did hear a lot of good things about the idea in general, and a lot of good input, so, perhaps we'll kick it off the right way next year, maybe get info about it in the program for attendees, etc. good con, and hope to see all of you again next year.

Leave a comment:

• Adrenaline
    replied
    Defcon12 Community Moblog is live, send your camera-phone pics to: defcon12.pics@tamw.com :)

Leave a comment:

• MindShadow
    replied
    My bad, I skimmed through the links and just saw the TextAmerica posting and then a day where noone posted it. I have done some consulting for them so I figured I could just set it up and they would make it ad free if it worked, which is why I posted it for testing as I could get no straight answer on whether not it would work with phones other then the specified account phone. Didn't mean to step on your toes, I will take it out.

Teach me to read all the comments and not skim. My deepest apologies.
    Last edited by MindShadow; July 22, 2004, 10:04.

Leave a comment:

• Adrenaline
    replied
    no shit, I've already got it setup with ta, there's a reason why im not posting the link yet, there's no need for shit to be posted to it till the day before con. I started this thread to let people know it was going to be done, not so someone could come in acting like the idea was their own. you might as well stop wasting your time, it's been taken care of, no point in having 2 defcon 12 community moblogs.

Leave a comment:

• Grifter
    replied
    I have to say man, that's pretty lame. Someone posts something they are setting up and wants to see what the community thinks so you jump in there, set something up, and post a link before he does. It's a great idea, but get your own. Try to be original.

Leave a comment:

• MindShadow
    replied
    Please Post

I changed the layout a tad.... please feel free to add images, I will move them to a folder before defcon for archival purposes, but I really want to see if it is specific the the camera it asked me for when signing up (can't see how it could be, but who knows). If you tried to post but it doesn't show up, please post and let me know.

Leave a comment:

• doc
    replied
    Originally posted by MindShadow
    In Text America you have to specify your phone type, however I am not sure if it only allows your phone type... anyway, I set one up to test... email your pics to the email address and to view check the link.

Email to : defcon.dcmob@tamw.com

WWW: http://defcon.textamerica.com

Needs some customization as well.. anyone interested in doing that, let me know.... anyone know of any other free services?

You could put the email address on the page.
    another service? www.mobog.com

Leave a comment:

• MindShadow
    replied
    Text America

In Text America you have to specify your phone type, however I am not sure if it only allows your phone type... anyway, I set one up to test... email your pics to the email address and to view check the link.

DELETED

Needs some customization as well.. anyone interested in doing that, let me know.... anyone know of any other free services?
    Last edited by MindShadow; July 22, 2004, 10:02.

Leave a comment:

• gzzah
    replied
    Originally posted by DJ Jackalope
    Anyone else got a camera phone they wanna torture people with?
    I torture my cats regularly with mine but I guess that's not the same thing. If I had any time I'd pluck away at a moblog but, unfortunately, travel. :( Could make a pretty quick and dirty one, though... but that's not always a good idea.

Leave a comment:

• DJ Jackalope
    replied
    Anyone else got a camera phone they wanna torture people with?

jackalope

Leave a comment:

• doc
    replied
    why not create one @ textamerica.com ?

Leave a comment:

• DJ Jackalope
    replied
    If I can figure out how to make my phone do that thang, i'll gladly embarrass some people with my camera phone.

I also want to have a webpage that is a link to people's daily DC Blogs (not note-ex material) as well....

Please post a link here or send me an url i will link to my webpage.

Miss Jackalope

Leave a comment:

• Tierra
    replied
    Excellent idea.

Leave a comment:

• Adrenaline
    replied
    Originally posted by Voltage Spike
    Someone has kindly created the Defcon Note Exchange, but it doesn't (currently) allows the posting of pictures.
    The note exchange is more used for talks and such, this is for any moment during defcon, doing something weird for the scav hunt, throwing your buddy into pool 1, whatever you wanna do, see something fun you want to take a pic of, put it up for everyone to check out.
    Last edited by Adrenaline; July 19, 2004, 17:35.

Leave a comment:

• Voltage Spike
    replied
    Defcon NoteEx

Someone has kindly created the Defcon Note Exchange, but it doesn't (currently) allows the posting of pictures.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X