Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• astcell
    replied
    How about selling a cookbook with all the recipes of the attendees?

Leave a comment:

• renderman
    replied
    Render's Cherry Cola BBQ sauce

4 cans cherry cola - In a large pot boil until reduced to 1.5 cups
    1 tub Danish Orchard Black Cherry Jam
    1 sm jar Maille Horse Radish Mustard
    3 tbsp Soya Sauce
    2 tbsp Cider Vinegar
    1 tbsp hot sauce (tobasco)

After reducing Cola , add remaining Ingredients and simmer again till reduced to 2.5 cups. Cool before using

Salt and Pepper Ribs and wrap in foil and parchment paper. Bake approx 2 hrs. Baste with sauce and either bake in oven or BBQ, continue basting. Also can be used as dipping sauce at table.

The ribs were fresh out of the package and not baked, but as you can see, it still turns out nice as a brush on sauce.

Enjoy.

Leave a comment:

• Deviant Ollam
    replied
    i also loved it. so many great people, and the food was out of this world. i would love it if the powers that be could press harder on the alexis park next year for some space to have the event there with our own meat. from what i understand it was simply a food service / money to be earned issue that was the problem this time, right? nothing about the grills or flame as i understand it.

there are so many great spots in between the hotel room buildings, little out of the way corridors that are shady and grass-covered. if the event could go down there next time that'd be even cooler in my opinion.

thanks to everyone who was there and everyone who put this together.

p.s. - renderman's BBQ sauce was outstanding. i almost tried to find a way to take the rest home on my plane.

Leave a comment:

• renderman
    replied
    I was completely amazed coming around the corner at the park and seeing how many people showed up.

Everyone was generous with food/booze/tools, everyone had a great time, no-one was an ass. We had more than enough grills, plates, etc.

Definatly an event for next year. However I don't want it to be just Myself and Londo doing the home made BBQ sauces, we want enough for a competition.

Next year though, we need to get a butcher shop or store involved so we don't scare the crap out of the folks at sams club on our food run

Aside from the transportation issues, everything went great, thanks to everyone who came out. Best event ever.
    Last edited by renderman; August 3, 2004, 20:29.

Leave a comment:

• spahkle
    replied
    In my estimation, the Toxic BBQ is one event that must return next year. It was a great pre-cursor to the con. I want to thank everyone who participated, especially those who manned the grills slaving away so that the rest of us could chill and grub.

A big thank you to converge for spearheading communication on the event which led to its success. Considering the volume of people and last minute minutiae, The Toxic BBQ was a great success. I look forward to it again next year.

Leave a comment:

• converge
    started a topic WRAPUP - DC12 [UNOFFICIAL] Toxic BBQ

WRAPUP - DC12 [UNOFFICIAL] Toxic BBQ

I just wanted to thank all the folks for showing up to the Toxic BBQ and making it such a fun success. Special thanks to all the folks listed on http://toxicbbq.lostboxen.net (and a few others that helped set up last minute)... if it weren't for you all, it would have been a bunch of people sitting around picnic tables wondering what to do. The pre-bbq food run was a blast :D

I also want to thank the folks that donated drinks/meats/watermelon/etc to head back for some of the goons. ..the smallest gesture we could have made towards folks that could not attend because they were working all night long to make the conference start up okay. From what I heard, there were a few hungry ones that enjoyed the snack.

all said, I'd say it was definately a little better than placing high priced steak orders with the Alexis Park? ;)
Working...
X