Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L0nd0
    replied
    The BBQ was a great success. I'm glad that we could all get together and really throw down. It made me feel like the old days. No drama... no nothing. It rocked! :D I'm glad we were able to trade recipes. Props to Renderman for his sauce. We should definitely do this next year... maybe even more often, between defcon and the rest of the year.

Leave a comment:

• zapphire
    replied
    ToXic BBQ was a great time; a perfect start to the con! Thanks to everyone who made it possible. After a day of travel and insane heat, it was good to chill, meet people, eat well, drink brisk beer, and watch the full moon rise in the desert sky. Thanks too to the one running with me through sam's to find a sampling for my nonbovine dining (a gesture not to be forgotten), and especially to spahkle, freshman, r1ch, remote senzor, cygnus, canadien, et al. for making me feel welcome.

Leave a comment:

• alklloyd
    replied
    Originally posted by highwizard
    There are still like 5-6 BBQ shirts left, PM me if you want one and we'll see if we can work something out.
    Your design and Grifter's were my two favorite shirts. What great designs.
    Some of the "official" shirts were okay too.
    You need to take up HW on this amazing offer(not sold in stores).
    I will not be missing this next year.

Al
    Last edited by alklloyd; August 5, 2004, 19:32. Reason: Forgot

Leave a comment:

• Gadsden
    replied
    Yes indeed, the I would say the toxic bbq truly kicked ass. Next year it will be even better. More meat, more beer, maybe some games, and even perhaps dancing midgets.

I can bear witness that the food did not last long in the NOC, the goons had a feeding frenzy. Thanks to all that donated.

Also, I would like to point out how unselfish everyone was with the food and beer. It was truly a great spirited event, and one the the best moments of the con.

Leave a comment:

• highwizard
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by LosT
    There should have been enough plasticware....I brought a box, and it looked like it never even got opened....

Hopefully someone ate the pork that I put on the grill and then forgot about...or it just dried up and disappeared...

Highwiz can always use leftover tinfoil for new boxers...;) HW, I have to ask, didn't that tinfoil chafe? That was funny as hell....

LosT
    Stitch and Denerious constructed the tinfoil speedo so well that it indeed did not chafe what-so-ever. It did get a bit hot, in it, but beyond that it was all free sailing.. And free balling..

Leave a comment:

• LosT
    replied
    There should have been enough plasticware....I brought a box, and it looked like it never even got opened....

Hopefully someone ate the pork that I put on the grill and then forgot about...or it just dried up and disappeared...

Highwiz can always use leftover tinfoil for new boxers...;) HW, I have to ask, didn't that tinfoil chafe? That was funny as hell....

LosT

Leave a comment:

• highwizard
    Guest replied
    There are still like 5-6 BBQ shirts left, PM me if you want one and we'll see if we can work something out.

Leave a comment:

• Digitalwiggle
    replied
    Awesome time. The 10 or so people I roomed with wan't to do it all over again next year. I will be making sure they do not miss the toxic BBQ then. It was a great way to start off DC and if I have a complaint at all, it is that there was not enough time. LONGER!

To the people that got this thing going. Thank you for contributing to an awesome first DC experience.

Leave a comment:

• [Syntax]
    replied
    [QUOTE=converge]The pre-bbq food run was a blast :D
    QUOTE]
    Would that be the one I got Gregory to volunteer?

I was surprised when there was more food than needed, I was worried, so our group brought 6 steaks and a package of 12 sausage, and chips.

When there was actually food leftover, and beer leftover from the BBQ, to be taken back, that amazed me. Was deffinately fun, I met alot of people there, and had some discussions with folks. Enjoyed munching on some good food..
    I got the Cherry Cola Ribs... Picture on that link..
    Didnt get to try the other ones you had..

Tried some of the Ceviche they had up for offer and the Fajitas marinaded
    in fruit juices and tequila. For those who didnt attend, YOU MISSED OUT ON GOOD FOOD AND FREE BEER.

A suggestion for next year, post a list of items needed "tin foil, utinsils, charcoal" ect.. and have people volunteer them.. This year some items came in overkill.. and some there werent enough. Then people went to get more, and more people showed up with the missing items..

Overall it was a success, and was glad to be of help with the car our group had, and the food we brang, as well as just to be part of something that looks to be an annual event now.

Leave a comment:

• spahkle
    replied
    I only bad experience I had [related to the BBQ] was someone ripped off my Toxic BBQ t-shirt. What a bummer.

Leave a comment:

• mage2
    replied
    bbq

I was also really suprised about the number of people there. It was bad ass, as was the food run to sams. Next year is a must.
    thanks to all the others that helped make it happen.

Leave a comment:

• freshman
    replied
    What an awesome time!! i just wish i had been able to prepare some of the meat and veggies prior to showing up. I had a blast and i'm Looking forward to attending next year. I'll make sure to bring my Sam's club card, 15 bottle openers and folding chairs.

Publish a cookbook Converge!!!

-Freshman

Leave a comment:

• ndex
    replied
    The Toxic BBQ was one of the only events I got to attend and it was a blast. I agree, it should come back next year. I don't know if I can think of a single thing that would have made it better save for starting earlier in the day, having a shaded area to hide from the orb and a volleyball!

Many thanks to $Las_Vegas_Host_Entity, HW, Stitch and all the grillas

I have pics that will get posted somewhere, including one pic of the retreat of the invading Norms...

Leave a comment:

• kree
    replied
    Yes I must say it was the best BBQ that I have ever been to, mad props to those who participated and showed up to make it an awsome event. All the food was great and so were the Official Toxic BBQ shirts. Thank you every one.

Leave a comment:

• mmca
    replied
    Yes, thank you to all the BBQ organizers. Good times were had and much grilled stuff consumed. All that food was a nice buffer for the booze that soon followed.

Cheers, and hope to see yall next year.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X