X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• octalpus
    replied
    Originally posted by ndex
    I saw my avatar and I tried to remember when I'd posted to this thread before. I need to find a real avatar...
    Hehe... I saw that too, and wondered "When did Ndex turn into a black guy?"

Leave a comment:

• KeLviN
    replied
    i know, i went in with all of you, but unlike you slackers, londo X and I took off 45 minuted later for the hunt....
    (and i have an ivu shirt for you)

Leave a comment:

• highwizard
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by KeLviN
    this also was my first appearance at b+w. and also my purpose was to see lope spin. but alas, scavenger hunt limited my b+w lounge time to only a few moments and i missed all the tunes.

Don't blame the ScavHunt... Londo, X, Siviak and Myself all attended the B&W ball, with jesus and his crew.. You were out partying IIRC.

Leave a comment:

• KeLviN
    replied
    this also was my first appearance at b+w. and also my purpose was to see lope spin. but alas, scavenger hunt limited my b+w lounge time to only a few moments and i missed all the tunes.

Leave a comment:

• allentrace
    replied
    missing B&W Ball

Sadly I missed the BW Ball all thanks to Bowell Distress brought on by Nathans Famous Hotdogs in New York New York

However next year i plan to fast for one week before leading up to Defcon in order to prepare myself for the B&W Ball and the In and Out Burger Contest which I hope actually happens and is on Sunday as to not mess me over for another B&W Ball.

Leave a comment:

• Gadsden
    replied
    This was my first year to even stick my nose in the B&W ball.. damn glad I did. I went in to see Winamute and Jackalope spin... they kicked major ass. Props to all that put it on and to the ones that dressed up to make it.

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    I was there as Press, took some pictures but with the strobes flashing you never knew which one was mine. It needed to be on video to capture the complete effect. I thought it was a m a z i n g...

Leave a comment:

• ndex
    replied
    I saw my avatar and I tried to remember when I'd posted to this thread before. I need to find a real avatar...

I showed up to the B&W with Jesus and the hoards but didn't stay long because I wasn't feeling well. It is not easy to play kick balloon in high heels. Had I been feeling well I would have really enjoyed the excellent DJ's and everything they laid down. The lineup at the ball is always good but I must confess to being a Jackalope fan.

I'm pretty blind so the extreme dark in the back of the room contrasted with the extremely bright/flashing lights was somewhere between disorienting and unsettling. If there'd been seating in the foyer it would have been easier to socialize, listening to the music and not have to worry about running into or tripping over folks heading to/from the dance floor in the dark.

bah... it kicked ass.

Leave a comment:

• Vyrus
    replied
    Hip hop mabe ???

i Had a blast... first time id ever actuly been to B&W ball... not bad...

i was wondering, (me being one of 3 other black guy's i saw at con) how about a litle hip hop, id be glad to spin myself :P. not mainstreem mind you im talking about true dance hip hop, not power106 crap... to name a fiew artists...

Jurassic 5
    A tribe called quest
    Jedi Mind tricks
    Cut Chemist
    etc...

sorry about the spelling... wrote this in a hurry :P

Leave a comment:

• DJ Jackalope
    replied
    Jackalope says

Big ups to everyone who came, and helped, and dragged gear to the con, that's a lot of stuff to bring there and a lot of time to set it up.

Thank you for having me back, Bink. The Black and White ball is my favorite set of the entire year.

I will try and have my set on my site (www.dj-jackalope.com) soon (thanks to zziks or Bink, one of the two!), i have been trying to get some server space since my home server is kinda full. Just keep checking back.

Next year: depending how things go down, I would like to have a table in the vendor's room with CDs, shirts, records, you name it, of the defcon djs, not just the black and white ones for sale to take home.

i'll try and post more later,
    many thanks to everyone again!

jackalope.

Leave a comment:

• replicant
    replied
    more non 4-on-the-floor ;-)

Leave a comment:

• guile
    replied
    cool...I wanted to get a CD of the whole ball but I liked his set...and Jackalope

Leave a comment:

• Shatter
    replied
    That would be Chris Klank I elieve. He was on a bit later though, second to the last DJ. He rocks.

I was also srprised (in a good way) to see that Regenerator played con. They're a long running Goth/Industrial/Synthpop band that's really good. They play a lot of songs that get club time but nobody knows who they are.

Bink as always outdid himself with the sound and lighting. I wish we had systems half as good at the clubs her ein SF I work/play at.

--S

Leave a comment:

• guile
    replied
    Does anyone know the name of the DJ that was spinning around 1:30am. He had a shaved head and was on the left hand side of the room. I think he wore glasses as well. What he was playing seemed like hardcore to me.

Leave a comment:

• Siviak
    replied
    Originally posted by zziks
    Yea if the DJs want to sell a mix we have no problems w/ it ...
    I heard somewhere that someone has a recording of the entire ball.. know where I can pick one up?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X