Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ser1al
    replied
    I bought a Spire backpack this year and love it. The padded pouch that comes with it the notebook very secure. I can say that the bag is weatherproof as well. I was caught in the rain on my walk home from the libary with my laptop on. The only knock against Spire is the price, but I think its worth it.

Leave a comment:

• Nimby
    replied
    Originally posted by astcell
    Bobblbee. Defcon vendor. 'Nuf said.
    gotta back this up, at DC12 this year I got the larger of the two bobblbees (megalopolis?) ... this thing holds my dell 9100 (with a 15.4'' screen) with NO problems

and even has room for my external 250GB HD, power adapters, wifi cards, antenna, and assorted other crap ...

and it's comfy too :)
    spent 4 hours at BWI airport with this thing, only had to take it off once

Leave a comment:

• harmfulc
    replied
    Spire USA (link) makes really nice handmand backpacks in bolder colorado. they are kinda expensive though $120-160.

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    Bobblbee. Defcon vendor. 'Nuf said.

Leave a comment:

• Gadsden
    replied
    Originally posted by Digitalwiggle
    I guess what I am asking is... What would you wrap your 15.4" screen lappy in, if you had the choice
    I have the Targus TSB312 (actually, the model before that one, but very close), and I love it. It holds a ton, built well, fits on the back well, and even straps on to the back of my motorcycle perfectly.

Leave a comment:

• milo
    replied
    I saw you with that pack at con thought it was pretty tight. I need something a little more discriete though. I am just planning on using an old beat up pack untill I can save up enough for a Boblebee. :( Anyone know where I can buy a Boblebee pack real cheap? I do not mind if it is used. I have my heart set on one ever since Astcell introduced me to them.

Hey man, I just got a Megalopolis Sport Racing Red for $10.00. This company has a special and you only need to pay for shipping ($10.00)

Go here and pick one of the CANADA MEG SPORT. They have 4 colors to choose from and they are all for FREE.....

Hey, let me know how many of you order...

Leave a comment:

• macuber
    replied
    Swiss Gear

$60 bucks at Best Buy.
    Last time I checked they were sold out online but you can check your local store.
    Swiss Gear GA-7303-13
    http://www.onlinebags.com

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    The pack is modular, parts come off and snap on and look like they are always there.

Leave a comment:

• Digitalwiggle
    replied
    I saw you with that pack at con thought it was pretty tight. I need something a little more discriete though. I am just planning on using an old beat up pack untill I can save up enough for a Boblebee. :( Anyone know where I can buy a Boblebee pack real cheap? I do not mind if it is used. I have my heart set on one ever since Astcell introduced me to them.

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    Hard to top Renderman, he really was on the ball!

Leave a comment:

• renderman
    replied
    Just do what I did, build your own

http://www.renderlab.net/gallery/Defcon12/100_2197

Leave a comment:

• play
    replied
    I bought mine from www.ebags.com - They had the best selection and price when i bought mine. Here is the direct link to the Laptop Backpack section.
    http://www.ebags.com/backpacks/lapto....cfm?N=2003825

Leave a comment:

• kree
    replied
    I cant see the picture of it in my browser but I picked up my laptop backpack at FRY'S Electronics for a whole wopping $4 on clearance and after looking on fry's website I belive they still have it foe $8.99, but I can't see the picture of it so I'm not sure. It is made by the same manufacture as the one here.

Actually here is the link to more backpacs at fry's. There are several at reduced prices. The one that I bought is nice and compact, and best of all it was cheap.
    Last edited by kree; August 5, 2004, 11:32.

Leave a comment:

• Digitalwiggle
    replied
    Originally posted by astcell
    Prices were $120 for the large pack, $100 for the small pack, plus 20% off anything in the store at Fashion Mall. I got the dull black pack, then went to the store for more acessories and stuff. I put about 70 lbs in it and carrying it on my back was less of a burden than my 7 lb camera in my hands!

I bet if you e-mail them and cry they may give you the same deal. ;)
    Thank you for the advice.

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    Just out of curiosity, and for another reason to slap myself on the back of my head. How much of a discount were they offering?
    Prices were $120 for the large pack, $100 for the small pack, plus 20% off anything in the store at Fashion Mall. I got the dull black pack, then went to the store for more acessories and stuff. I put about 70 lbs in it and carrying it on my back was less of a burden than my 7 lb camera in my hands!

I bet if you e-mail them and cry they may give you the same deal. ;)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X