X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AlxRogan
    replied
    Originally posted by astcell
    Don't count on Zippos to get on board. The fuel can be used to....to....rats I can't think like a terrorist, how does one take down a plane with a Zippo?
    You disable the smoke detector in the lavatory, which everyone knows signals the Air Force to scramble F-22s to intercept. You then use the shiny casing on said Zippo to signal out a window in morse code/semaphores that you are infected with Ebola virus, and you plan to infect all the passengers and crew. They have to shoot you down to save the planet, simple enough.
    If your Zippo casing is not shiny, then simply throw it at the pilot when the flight attendants open the door to serve them food/drinks.
    Case Closed!

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    Don't count on Zippos to get on board. The fuel can be used to....to....rats I can't think like a terrorist, how does one take down a plane with a Zippo?

Leave a comment:

• alklloyd
    replied
    Yes they will if you do not go crazy buying all the accessories.
    I will have to check them out next con. On a different travel note, TSA banned
    butane lighters...so we're on the right track with the zippos.

Al

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    Yes they will if you do not go crazy buying all the accessories.

Leave a comment:

• alklloyd
    replied
    You were at con? Did you not see the Boblbe-e packs for sale at a big discount?
    Question: Will those suckers fit under an airline seat?

Al

Leave a comment:

• erehwon
    replied
    ...and now for something completely different!

Now this is REALLY Cool, talk about geek cred!

ISS Soyuz TMA-3 mission bag

ISS bags feature an authenticated piece of the 2004 ISS Soyuz TMA-3 landing parachute. A Certificate of Authenticity signed by A.Kaleri, flight engineer on TMA-3 is enclosed with every bag.

Get a laptop sleeve and this would be one sweet bag!

Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• erehwon
    replied
    Originally posted by AlxRogan
    Holy crap...two questions:

1) How does it fit a larger laptop, i.e. one of the Dell Inspiron/Latitude monsters with 15.4" screen?

2) Although the Glock 36 is a large gun, would the backpack accomodate an even-larger framed pistol, i.e. H&K USP Full-size?

/me likey...
    Glad to see you like it!

To answer your questions...

1.) Larger laptops, I have stuck my laptop in the long way so I could do a little war-walking, I suppose that is one way to do it. With either the addition of the buckled flap or straps would work for securing it further.

2.) With the Molle straps on the inside, I would think you could get away with packing a Desert Eagle .50AE without it printing to the outside world that you have a very large weapon tucked inside there. BTW, the Glock 36 is one of the more diminutive Glocks, but holds the party line of never attend a gun fight with a handgun, the caliber of which does not start with anything smaller then "4".

I am still working up prices on all of this, if you were to spring for the last resort Level III-A body armor, it would tack on an additional $200+ to the final price of the bag. That might sound a little extravagant, but will be worth every penny in peace of mind should things (Heaven forbid) ever get hairy around you.

I got your e-mail and I will keep you in the loop!

Leave a comment:

• AlxRogan
    replied
    Originally posted by erehwon
    OK, more than a few hours later is the skinny on my stealth tactical laptop bag.
    Holy crap...two questions:

1) How does it fit a larger laptop, i.e. one of the Dell Inspiron/Latitude monsters with 15.4" screen?

2) Although the Glock 36 is a large gun, would the backpack accomodate an even-larger framed pistol, i.e. H&K USP Full-size?

/me likey...

Leave a comment:

• lucifex
    replied
    http://www.altrec.com/shop/detail/18087/

This backpack is made by a company that's been making packs for backpackers for years and years. This is the most comfortable backpack you will ever own. It fits my 12" powerbook and my 15" stinkpad well. I would pay $500 for this backpack if that's what it cost.

If you're not after comfort, just get the cheapest thing you can find.

Leave a comment:

• erehwon
    replied
    I like my laptop bags not screaming Steal me, I have a $2500 laptop in here and carry mine in a nice stealth tactical laptop bag.
    OK, more than a few hours later is the skinny on my stealth tactical laptop bag.

Leave a comment:

• latency
    replied
    I like my laptop bags not screaming Steal me, I have a $2500 laptop in here and carry mine in a nice stealth tactical laptop bag.
    Agreed. This is why I bought a nice sturdy laptop sleeve from booq and throw it in my trusty north face backpack. In the future I plan to stick with the "buy sleeve..put in random backpack" method as it avoids the "steal me" factor. (until of course you whip it out in public and people see you're carrying a laptop).

But those bobblee bags do look pretty awesome.

Leave a comment:

• mage2
    replied
    backpack

i have the previous targus model to the #2 choice.
    its a good bag. and i have ALOT in it. im going to need to upgrade soon though cause its geting heavy.
    but its a nice bag lived through alot so far.
    i wanted one of those hardshell packs but im poor.
    :)

Leave a comment:

• mindstorm
    replied
    Originally posted by Shiva
    I really like this one available from Jinx:
    http://www.jinx.com/scripts/details....&productID=303
    That backpack is way huge, I always liked using messenger bags to hold my notebook in addition to several books and other equipment with easy access.

edit - This is what I have at the moment, its nice and allows easy access and in teh case of a search at an airport or on base, it can be done quite quickly. timbuk2 Link

Leave a comment:

• Shiva
    replied
    I really like this one available from Jinx:
    http://www.jinx.com/scripts/details....&productID=303

Leave a comment:

• erehwon
    replied

I had them done based on a U.S. Navy intelligence RFP for a laptop bag, and hope to get more of them done in numbers, give me a few hours and I'll post a few pictures.

If you saw me wandering around DC12, this is the bag I am talking about.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X