X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Effugas
    replied
    hackajar--

Got any contact info for that radio station?

If they're willing to broadcast from Defcon ... maybe they're willing to be broadcasted by Defcon. DNS radio is amusing, but it needs live content...

--Dan

Leave a comment:

• renderman
    replied
    Originally posted by converge
    "Perhaps the highlight of the awards ceremony was the Second Annual DefCon Wi-fi Shootout Contest."

... the highlight of of what? Corporate Whoring 101 and Advanced How to Waste Everytimes Time?
    among my companions at the ceremonies, the list of sponsors was getting down right silly.

I think they need to tone that down or someones going to riot next year

Leave a comment:

• converge
    replied
    "Perhaps the highlight of the awards ceremony was the Second Annual DefCon Wi-fi Shootout Contest."

... the highlight of of what? Corporate Whoring 101 and Advanced How to Waste Everytimes Time?

Leave a comment:

• Gadsden
    replied
    Originally posted by renderman
    Notorious, oh man. What did I do to deserve that?..... Oh wait....
    Someone in your area should be hired to defend companies from you! ;)

Leave a comment:

• BlackOrchid
    replied
    " ... these hackers don't have to worry about getting their asses kicked for their clothes or their often total lack of social skills"

This statement was totally wrong- Since this is the first time I was actually NOT in the process of moving during defcon, I finally was able to attend! One of the top three things I said about the experience was that people at defcon actually were more open and friendly than just about anywhere I've ever been.

I thought the majority actually had advanced social skills-regardless of their dress style or age. Better vocabulary, wider range of topics, advanced knowledge and generally more open minded to opposing opinions with a willingness to debate a point rather than attack a person.

Humm.. maybe missing all the 'drama' events skewed my opinion.. :)

Leave a comment:

• hackajar
    replied
    She never mentioned that we broadcasted live on the radio for 2 hours from defcon. This would not be so much to bring up, if she wasn't hagging out in our room for 3 hours durning setup and broadcast! We uplinked to local radio satation from my room to broadcast, and she was takin notes to mention this in her story.

WHO: KLAS (legit station)
    WHERE: AM1230 (RM 1801)
    WHEN: 5:00PM-7:00PM
    Saturday July 31, 2004

Leave a comment:

• renderman
    replied
    Notorious, oh man. What did I do to deserve that?..... Oh wait....
    Last edited by renderman; August 6, 2004, 10:51.

Leave a comment:

• Siviak
    replied
    AlxRogan... you're the man :D

Leave a comment:

• AlxRogan
    started a topic Yet another Post-DC12 Article

Yet another Post-DC12 Article

I'm not usually one for blind link posting, but after getting halfway through this article and seeing, "Among the guests were Jesus and his Disciples (a group of hackers sporting nothing but white sheets, with "Jesus hacker" carrying the Holy Bible), an S&M bondage couple, some guy dressed up in pimp attire with a three-foot afro wig, and Renderman, the notorious Canadian hacker known for his black fedora hat and his zoot suits." I just had to share the love. :)

I pulled this from a link off LinuxSecurity.com, so many of y'all have probably already seen it.

http://www.lasvegascitylife.com/arti...tory/cover.txt
Working...
X