No announcement yet.

Dc 12 Swag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought the vendors did a fairly good job.

There weren't a lot of options for us girls are far as all the shirts went, and I still want a DefCon Zippo.

Everything else was fine. NSP had a good selection with their books.

Comment

Originally posted by Xakep
      I thought the vendors did a fairly good job.

There weren't a lot of options for us girls are far as all the shirts went, and I still want a DefCon Zippo.

Everything else was fine. NSP had a good selection with their books.
      I thought they had a pretty good choice of the small sizes...I could be wrong.
      But yes, next year we must have a decent supply of zippos.
      I mean, I was in the line on thursday night and they were gone.

Al
      "Are my pants...threatening you?"

Comment

Tell me what number zippos you think we should have made.

We made 50 and we had 14 left at the Jinx booth on Sunday afternoon (the reg area booth closed Friday night).
        blackbeetle

Comment

Originally posted by blackbeetle

We made 50 and we had 14 left at the Jinx booth on Sunday afternoon (the reg area booth closed Friday night).
          I looked back at my posts and I apologize for ragging on you BB. Must have been blind at con, I only found out about them after I got home on the forums. I'll get there bright and early DC 13.

Here's a constructive suggestion-maybe some pocket t-shirts next year?

Al
          "Are my pants...threatening you?"

Comment

Originally posted by alklloyd
            Here's a constructive suggestion-maybe some pocket t-shirts next year?
            Al
            I'd like to see something like this as well.

0.02++
            Aut disce aut discede

Comment

Zippo Lighters:
              I was under the assumption as well that they had sold out, at the registration booth. Thats what I was told, and I hadn't even seen one until I saw the photo on the website.

I believe someone stated they were sold out on another thread as well.

Comment

Originally posted by [Syntax]
                Zippo Lighters...
                I believe someone stated they were sold out on another thread as well.
                I remember something about that too, but cannot find the thread. The closest one is on the last page of this thread, but if you follow the pronouns, the pingpong balls are the item primarily being discussed.
                (The vendor area != registration area.)

I could not find the thread I remember, where someone said they were sold-out; the above thread does not say this.
                Last edited by TheCotMan; November 21, 2004, 23:17.

Comment

I think *most* of us assumed they were sold out. I didn't see them displayed anywhere and only knew of them myself because Grifter showed it to me and said to ask BlackBeetle about them.
                  the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

Originally posted by blackbeetle

BlackBeetle: The majority of them could probably walk right by a sign saying "Defcon Zippo's For Sale" and they wouldn't even notice...

It's probably because they're a bunch of drunkards!

Comment

I would like to see a comeback of the lighters with integrated bottle openers (Defcon 10?). Extra points if you can figure out how to cleanly integrate additional vices...

Comment

The lighters should be like the t-shirts -- different for each year. Collect the whole set!

Comment

I'd like to see shirts that could be worn in a "professional" environment. Unfortunatly where I work we have a business casual dress code so button up shirts would be nice. Also,
                          I don't remember seeing anyone selling wardriving kits. I was looking for a card that had antenna etc... with it. I was surprised I couldn't find anything like that at the vendor area.
                          Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
                          -Homer Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by guile
                            I'd like to see shirts that could be worn in a "professional" environment. Unfortunatly where I work we have a business casual dress code so button up shirts would be nice. Also,
                            I don't remember seeing anyone selling wardriving kits. I was looking for a card that had antenna etc... with it. I was surprised I couldn't find anything like that at the vendor area.
                            Heh. :-)

Originally posted by SPAM-joke
                            DefCon Business clothing for the suit-wearing business professionals looking to make an impact with their peers or superiors. From ties with hidden pockets for concealing lockpicks, to ties made with velcro straps for use as needed in bondage escapades, or to tie down your laptop! From sports vests with an embedded PDA fully 802.11x supported for war-walking the executive board room, to bluetooth sniffing devices hidden in bowler hats. We are the store for you! Se us in the WE_DO_NOT_YET_EXIST booth at DefCon 13!
                            /me runs and ducks for cover.

On a more serious note, ties or pen/pencil sets with a inconspicuous DefCon logo might find a niche in the vendor area. guile has a good idea IMO. I'd be a consumer for it too-- yes, and I would also be willing to buy a DefCon tie too.

Comment

Survived Defcon!

Well i know this message is coming quite a bit after defcon 12 but it took that long to reflect on the chaos and that long to look at all the pics to piece together the twisted memories and gaps... man i was fucked up but had a real horrorshow time :)
                              I came, I saw, I survived... with only one kernel panic! and thats pretty good if i might say so myself.
                              The talks were informative and just the nitch i needed to get going in the right direction on some of my projects. Man im suprised that i didnt even go into vegas really i was having such a good time at the con. The night life was killer and the live performance and Djs at the BW ball were to be talked about. I had a blast and contributed to much deliquency ^_^ I was quite generous with my Smirnoff 100 proof. Now thats some decient octane baby. I was so inspired that i opted to throw my own party. Trust me you will find it if you go to 13, just look for a open door and a what the fuck poster in the window.... something about save the whales for dinner!
                              Well incase its not totally obvious right now im kinda tipsy and my olde english is getting lonely and i got programming to do so i will fill any in on the details if they wish. If you dont feel like waiting just go check out the pre 13 board and you will get them. Even if i was sober i would say you all kick ass and even though im drunk i will say it anyway. You all kick ass and i hope to see many more faces this coming 2005 defcon. Take it easy you all and dont get too hammered before the con! Save your liver for my party :) .:Peace Out:.
                              "Karate Explosion!"

Comment

Working...
                              X