Wi-Fi-proof wallpaper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wi-Fi-proof wallpaper

From The Register: "British boffins have developed wallpaper that blocks Wi-Fi traffic but still allows other wireless transmissions to pass through in a bid to prevent unauthorised access to sensitive data via the WLAN."

Full story here.

Save Your Brain

and replacing the tin hat is http://www.handy-fashions.com/e-cap.html

Comment

A different article says, "The wallpaper costs about 500 British pounds per square meter." I guess I can't paper my house in it quite yet.

Still, cheaper than building a Faraday cage.

(Apropos of nothing, while Google's unit conversion feature is giving me yet one more way I'll no longer have to think for myself, it still can't handle "500 British pounds per square meter in US dollars per square foot." But, FWIW, that's about $85/sq ft at today's exchange rate.)

Comment

Can I take a picture of the wallpaper and use it as my desktop wallpaper?

Comment

Wi Fi wallpaper

Originally posted by astcell
          Sure they only charge $10/sq inch for that.
          Did Everquest teach you that?

Comment

Originally posted by astcell

Yes, then you can safely use your WLAN without fear of compromise. Damn you hax0rs are smarter than death. :D
            perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

Working...
            X