X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• panthera
    replied
    Originally posted by KeLviN
    i've heard only bad things about bear meat. tough, chewy, fiberous, stingy, etc.
    Bear meat's pretty good, I like to ground it into hamburgers as it is a bit tough. If I could get some permits to bring meat in from Canada I have some nice Mongolian Yak. They mostly store fat on the outside but have a nice marble to them. Very nice 'n tender, eatten by Tibetans everywhere.. ahem..

Someone bring some Venison for me.. I'll pitch in any reasonable donation of cash/beer/bbq sauce.

Cya at Defcon 13

Panthera

PS Che.. I saw the beer house pics.. nice except the comments. Pthth.

Leave a comment:

• Gen0cid3
    replied
    ehh... sorry... im just willing to do whatever i can to get to DefCon 13 =D. lol what you mean by trainwreck? i mean, are there speakers and stuff like that..?

Gen

Leave a comment:

• Voltage Spike
    replied
    Originally posted by Gen0cid3
    IM AFRAID..... lol. Im curious, are there age restrictions to going to DefCon...........? Im going to try like hell for a fake ID or something if there is. lol The DefCon seems like the place to be. heh...
    It's like a train wreck...

No, there are no official age restrictions at Defcon (only the normal hurdles of travel, rental, etc.).

No, you should not announce your intent to break the law in a public forum.

Leave a comment:

• Gen0cid3
    replied
    IM AFRAID..... lol. Im curious, are there age restrictions to going to DefCon...........? Im going to try like hell for a fake ID or something if there is. lol The DefCon seems like the place to be. heh...

Gen

Leave a comment:

• kaddydid
    replied
    Bear may be tough but down here we just fry everything...squirel, possum, coon,..you know all the staples of life.
    Maybe we could have a buffet offering all kinds of meat and let you guess what is what!!!
    possum on the half shell is a real treat!

kaddydid

Leave a comment:

• Tacitus
    replied
    Originally posted by Gen0cid3
    HaHa ok, ill do that =P But should i still show up in the right place for the initially planned one? or probably just keep an eye on the forums and such.. Also... how many people usually show up to these DefCons?
    Yes, a lot can happen in the 7+ months until defcon. After last years con it seems people are really unsure if there can be a DC13, foremost of all is the major construction at the venue, so be sure to check the forums once defcon gets closer to see if is still on.

Leave a comment:

• Gen0cid3
    replied
    HaHa ok, ill do that =P But should i still show up in the right place for the initially planned one? or probably just keep an eye on the forums and such.. Also... how many people usually show up to these DefCons?

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    Yes, it is usually cancelled and then held 30 days later in the same location, so just add 30 days to any dates you may see.

Leave a comment:

• Gen0cid3
    replied
    HaHa... wow... this topic really went off...well topic. Its funny to see how big of a tangent people can go off on =P I plan on attending the next DefCon... But as ive been reading at the beginning of the topic, its been cancelled?? Are they usually rescheduled? or whats the deal? heh... im confused....

Leave a comment:

• KeLviN
    replied
    Originally posted by guile
    Bear isn't too bad is you make a stew or roast out of it. Stewing it keeps it tender.
    that goes with most tough game meats too. stewing is recommended for racoon, hare, etc...

Leave a comment:

• guile
    replied
    Originally posted by LosT
    Bear gall bladder goes for a high price on the chinese black market ;)

LosT

Bear isn't too bad is you make a stew or roast out of it. Stewing it keeps it tender.

Leave a comment:

• LosT
    replied
    Originally posted by KeLviN
    i've heard only bad things about bear meat. tough, chewy, fiberous, stingy, etc.
    Bear gall bladder goes for a high price on the chinese black market ;)

LosT

Leave a comment:

• KeLviN
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Deviant Ollam
    replied
    all this meat / BBQ conversation has me wondering... has anyone ever tried bear meat? i've heard great things, but never had the opportunity. if any showed up at the Toxic BBQ i'd definitely pony up some cash for a taste.

Leave a comment:

• erehwon
    replied
    Originally posted by xChris
    206 Defcon meeting topic? Illegal deer hunting.. =P
    Repeat after me, its only illegal if you get caught.

Those drunks that shoot at the rubber DNR deer out of season, and keep shooting at it because it doesn't fall deserve all the extra attention they get.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X