• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spahkle
    replied
    Originally posted by whitehat67
    i am a noob. but i am trying not to be.
    The easiest way to not be a "noob" is to not replay to year-and-a-half old posts.

Leave a comment:

• TheCotMan
    replied
    Originally posted by Adrenaline
    hmm. I was like, 2 seconds from giving a nice reply to his post, started typing it out, then thought 'eh, if I do, it'll be like cracking the window open a bit for a swarm of people who cant google, so I decided against it. heh.
    Yeah. I started answering people's questions that could be easily found on google, but found it only encouraged more google-type questions.

Not all questions are "just go google it" but three of the questions posted in the last hour or so were of this flavor.

I guess this is my way of saying, the forums arent full of assholes, we just get annoyed when someone asks something they could have easily googled.
    I am fine with newbies, if they *learn* from their mistakes.

An unfortunate side effect in being terse in my responses is they can seem a bit harsh.

Leave a comment:

• Adrenaline
    replied
    hmm. I was like, 2 seconds from giving a nice reply to his post, started typing it out, then thought 'eh, if I do, it'll be like cracking the window open a bit for a swarm of people who cant google, so I decided against it. heh.

I guess this is my way of saying, the forums arent full of assholes, we just get annoyed when someone asks something they could have easily googled.

take that into consideration, and you should do alright to not sound so 'noobish'.
    :)

Leave a comment:

• TheCotMan
    replied
    Originally posted by whitehat67
    what the hell is bluejacking?? i am a noob. but i am trying not to be.
    what did google say when you asked it to "define:bluejacking" ?

I found 3 definitions.

Leave a comment:

• whitehat67
    replied
    what the hell is bluejacking?? i am a noob. but i am trying not to be.

Leave a comment:

• spahkle
    replied
    Can we stop replying to a 1 1/2 year old post?? sheesh

Leave a comment:

• murakami
    replied
    Why not google hacking examples? Its easy enough that any idiot can do it and really makes an impression. Its only 20 minutes, make sure that you don't do more work than warranted.

Leave a comment:

• Gadsden
    replied
    Originally posted by Data Hunter
    Nulltone uhm..yes :P lol kidding your right.
    I think we have found our target holder for the DC Shoot...

Leave a comment:

• Second
    replied
    Originally posted by ndex
    I'm not actually following you around the boards to remind you that it's time to go pick a new avatar, but this would be a good time.

Your use of subtlety is a nice touch to this situation.

:)

Leave a comment:

• ndex
    replied
    I'm not actually following you around the boards to remind you that it's time to go pick a new avatar, but this would be a good time.

For this post I'm going to thank you for reviving a thread that's older than you are. Can you read? Can you see when this thread was opened? Do you know how to change your avatar? You can access it from the User CP link on the upper left hand corner of the forums menu.

Have a nice day.

Leave a comment:

• dYn4mic
    replied
    Your just going all out today.... Take a look at the date next time, if its older than a month, don't bother responding unless for some kind of special conditions. Take a deep breath and lay off the 'submit reply' button. Thanks.
    "Betta check you'self before you wreak yourself..." (understand that maybe?)

Leave a comment:

• TheCotMan
    replied
    Old thread. Last post, 6 months ago. Don't you think the presentation has come and gone?

Leave a comment:

• Data Hunter
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Nimby
    replied
    Originally posted by ciph3r
    Whoa null forget what the hell i posted. Whoppix rocks i think replaying one of the demo videos would even be enough
    heh, I had to do that once, cause the "victim" laptop failed to boot properly (NIC was dead :( ) ... even the 6mb flash movie of a metasploit scared people ;)

(had some executive type ask me "did that just happen to our live network?" :) )

Leave a comment:

• ciph3r
    replied
    0wn3d!

Whoa null forget what the hell i posted. Whoppix rocks i think replaying one of the demo videos would even be enough

Leave a comment:

Working...
X