Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleting an Email Account

Hi Friends,

Do you think, it is a big problem that there is no facility in any of the email services to delete an email account that we have created.......?

am i right...... or.......... it is because of my ignorance......?

Thanks
    JJ
    dual~systems

Originally posted by jojithiruvalla
    Do you think, it is a big problem that there is no facility in any of the email services to delete an email account that we have created.......?

am i right...... or.......... it is because of my ignorance......?
    Not sure if I understand you. Are you complaining about the lack of ability to delete e-mail accounts from places like yahoo (mail) , hotmail, and gmail?

Why? If you do not want an account, abandon it. Most "free" places have a policy to auto-reclaim unused accounts after a period of time. Check out the EULA. Some allow for setting up auto-responders (or did at one time) and you can set an auto reply to tell people you are not using that account any longer.

How is this a problem?

Comment

Use Hushmail - http://www.hushmail.com

If you use their free service, you have to log in every three weeks to keep the account fresh, if you don't access the account every three weeks, they close the account for a few weeks hoping you will pay to log back in, and soon afterward they outright close and delete the account.

At least if you did use Hushmail, your mail would sit PGP encrypted until they deleted the account.
      Nonnumquam cupido magnas partes Interretis vincendi me corripit

Comment

Working...
      X