Originally posted by alklloyd
    "Defcon 13 is supported in part by a grant from Sprint" >pin drop sound<
    ....They just don't know it yet....

Leave a comment:

• Gadsden
    replied
    Originally posted by allentrace
    I think that would be more about Patronage than about Sponsership
    Heh.. in that case Red Bull and Guinness should be donating our much needed monkey butlers..

Leave a comment:

• allentrace
    replied
    Originally posted by che
    Didn't Absolute Vodka sponsor the printing of the DC 11 programs? It seemed like there was an ad on the back.. I may have to dig mine out to confirm..
    I think that would be more about Patronage than about Sponsership

Leave a comment:

• Gadsden
    replied
    Didn't Absolute Vodka sponsor the printing of the DC 11 programs? It seemed like there was an ad on the back.. I may have to dig mine out to confirm..

Leave a comment:

• allentrace
    replied
    Originally posted by TheCotMan
    DT Himself offered a spot for Geico during Leetest Link at DC12. Maybe this is a sign of things to come? ;-)
    </Sarcasm> Corporate sponsership just what defcon needs. <Sarcasm> Although the fits some people would throw on these forums I believe would be pretty enormous.

Leave a comment:

• TheCotMan
    replied
    Originally posted by alklloyd
    C'mon Noid. Think of the irony you could get out of it: "Defcon 13 is supported in part by a grant from Sprint" >pin drop sound<
    DT Himself offered a spot for Geico during Leetest Link at DC12. Maybe this is a sign of things to come? ;-)

Leave a comment:

• alklloyd
    replied
    Originally posted by noid

DT has repeatedly stated that he'll never take corp. sponsorship for Defcon.
    C'mon Noid. Think of the irony you could get out of it: "Defcon 13 is supported in part by a grant from Sprint" >pin drop sound<

Al

Leave a comment:

• TheCotMan
    replied
    Originally posted by Ratzhat
    but now ... the events are commercial and not very funny ...
    Originally posted by noid
    DT has repeatedly stated that he'll never take corp. sponsorship for Defcon. How is the community supporting itself commercial?
    Originally posted by TheCotMan
    * sponsorship of events by corps/businesses
    In case it is not obvious to readers, the "events" I was referring to in that quote were events *at* DC *not* DC as an event. I'll try to fix it with an edit.

Leave a comment:

• LosT
    replied
    Originally posted by Siviak
    man.. I have been at the AP every year. I am now impervious to the pool waters effects. But beware... the things in that pool are enough to kill a normal man.
    But you *aren't* a normal man, are you Siviak? I think the pool waters cause mutations. :)

LosT

Leave a comment:

• LosT
    replied
    Originally posted by Siviak
    I on the other hand enjoy the "less-techincal" aspect of the con. I have all year to talk to and learn from most of my friends at DefCon but very few times a year do I get to have them all in one place to enjoy. I have won a black bage last year. As a matter of fact I have won black badges before there were black badges (thank you everyone again for all the help over the years). Con is what you make of it... every year it has changed and I think every year it has gotten better (with a few exceptions, heh) because I leanr better how to make the con experience that I am looking for that year. There are "verry technical people" that go every year and could count the number of talks they have been to on one hand... lighten up... we are ALL (Goons and Staph included) there to enjoy ourselves.
    That is exactly my point, you will get out of it what you want, if you try.

LosT

Leave a comment:

• Siviak
    replied
    man.. I have been at the AP every year. I am now impervious to the pool waters effects. But beware... the things in that pool are enough to kill a normal man.

Leave a comment:

• Siviak
    replied
    I on the other hand enjoy the "less-techincal" aspect of the con. I have all year to talk to and learn from most of my friends at DefCon but very few times a year do I get to have them all in one place to enjoy. I have won a black bage last year. As a matter of fact I have won black badges before there were black badges (thank you everyone again for all the help over the years). Con is what you make of it... every year it has changed and I think every year it has gotten better (with a few exceptions, heh) because I leanr better how to make the con experience that I am looking for that year. There are "verry technical people" that go every year and could count the number of talks they have been to on one hand... lighten up... we are ALL (Goons and Staph included) there to enjoy ourselves.

Leave a comment:

• LosT
    replied
    Ok, you know what- DefCON 12 was my first CON. I want DC to be like I've always imagined it. So I entered a contest, and won a black badge my first year. I'm making my CON experience what I want it to be. I tried to make it as technical as I can (using areas that I specialize in)- I met some great people. I attended some mind-blowing talks (if you didn't attend the Black OPs of TCP/IP you missed out- and if you don't think that was an awesomely technical presentation you are on crack). So quit your bitching and create your own CON experience.

LosT

Leave a comment:

• noid
    replied
    Can You remember the 1st Defcon Event ?
    yup

Do You know some threads from then ?
    Um, threads? The first one was in 1992, the forums didnt come along for quite a while after that

I think the defcon events changed ...
    Well, duh

The first event was so delicous *fg*
    ya, somehow I dont get the feeling you were there.

but now ... the events are commercial and not very funny ...
    Commercial? How so? Attendees put on sub events at the main event. How is that commercial? DT has repeatedly stated that he'll never take corp. sponsorship for Defcon. How is the community supporting itself commercial? I'm beginning to think you're nothing more than a troll.

D'you know what I mean ?
    no, but I dont think you do either

Leave a comment:

• TheCotMan
    replied
    Originally posted by converge
    if you want defcon to be more technical, *make* it more technical.
    There is a great deal of wisdom in your statement. :-)

I agree with coverge

Anyone can complain, but it takes genuine intelligence and guts to create something new and support it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X