• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheCotMan
    replied
    Originally posted by smokey
    Your last idea is n't so helpful, bub.
    Using google to search this site provides you with a thread of solutions which will likely work. (The forum Search does not appear to permit archive searches.)

Now for some criticism.
    You bring back a thread that is 2-3 months old, that your username did not start, to condemn someone on your first post, and not provide good content.

[Added content]
    I wrote this criticism, not to be mean, but to help you and other lurkers survive the forums.
    Suggestions from my experience here:
    * Only bring up older threads if you have something new and useful to contribute.
    * Posting something like "I Agree" or "You suck" (especially as a first post) will not make you popular and the older the thread is where you post such a comment, the worse your reception.
    * The older a thread is, the greater the need for your post to be useful.
    * Try finding a newer thread on the same topic instead.
    * The forum search and google are your friends.
    Last edited by TheCotMan; February 25, 2005, 15:14. Reason: Added content

Leave a comment:

• smokey
    replied
    Your last idea is n't so helpful, bub.

Leave a comment:

• h4ck3r
    replied
    Originally posted by pcgeek
    ok my school doesnt have a very secure network at all. to get past the web blockes we would normally go to http://www.1dnn.com but then they blocked that site, so i figured out the is u type https://www.1dnn.com is will work. but for some reason that didt work anymore so i wanted to know if any one here knew of a site that had an address bar which redirects to a site like 1dnn, thanx

-geek
    just use ebypass.org, it works for us.

Leave a comment:

• highwizard
    Guest replied
    Be nice to the aussie people... Aussie boys are usually cute... RAWR! So be nice to this one, because maybe HighWiz and Stitch can get some extra lovin if everyone is nice

Leave a comment:

• binaryboy
    replied
    In the networks at my work, they disallow the clients that don't need net access, there is like 4 diffrant internal proxies running via a gateway.

I found a lil hole that allows any user dosn't matter about what access they have, if a user had lets say...MS Word or McAfee..you get to the web access help and sometimes it bypasses the proxy and connects to the net. I the proxy login pops up you just cancel it, and it keeps conected. You then can visit all the sub domains in lets say McAfee or Microsoft.

It's cause when they developed the SOE they didn't relize that the standard apps will need to connect to there sites...like updates!!!

Also you are able to download anything then sometimes put into c:\temp and you are able to install and run.

Pretty cool hey

Leave a comment:

• xerph
    replied
    Originally posted by allentrace
    </Sarcasm>Yeah studying academia....that is what I spent my time doing in the computer lab at my high school.<Sarcasm>
    *shrug* It might not be a realistic policy, but I'm sure that having something like that in writing is a big help to the admins in dealing with any kids who trash the operating system or otherwise leave the school computers in a less than desireable condition after they attempt to hack the garbage file or whatnot.

Leave a comment:

• allentrace
    replied
    Originally posted by xerph
    I think the issue is one of what constitutes appropriate use of school computers. In many cases (at least the high school I attended years back and the couple that I worked at) students or their parents sign an acceptable use policy recognizing that the systems are available specifically for academic use to assist the students with their studies.
    </Sarcasm>Yeah studying academia....that is what I spent my time doing in the computer lab at my high school.<Sarcasm>

Leave a comment:

• xerph
    replied
    I think the issue is one of what constitutes appropriate use of school computers. In many cases (at least the high school I attended years back and the couple that I worked at) students or their parents sign an acceptable use policy recognizing that the systems are available specifically for academic use to assist the students with their studies.

Wanting to make sure that they aren't used for other things doesn't sound quite as much like censorship as it does making sure that a finite resource is available to students who wish to use it for school related projects.

On that note, the asshats who regularly get their jollies by "hacking" the systems or trying to bypass the security policies could easily (whether inadvertantly or not) cause problems which would require the systems to be taken down while the damage is repaired resulting in it not being available to a student who needs it for school work.

Its easier to have a "no exceptions" policy when it comes to kids dicking around with the systems than to say "oh, he was *only* getting around a minor restriction" Because chances are, if the kids are having to bypass restrictions, its not because of any academic or school related need.
    Last edited by xerph; November 23, 2004, 15:12.

Leave a comment:

• Voltage Spike
    replied
    You seemed to have missed this thread.

Originally posted by xerph
    Maybe instead of trying to get around the restrictions put in place by the people running the network you should thank them for allowing you to use their systems in the first place.
    I hear this a lot, but I don't quite understand. I would imagine that Internet access in a school is available for the students. If that is the case, then you are really using your own system run by someone else.

How far back do you have to go before censorship becomes a bad thing? How about government-mandated censorship in public libraries? Is your home Internet connection yours, or do you thank your ISP for allowing you to use their systems?

Maybe I am wrong and I'm missing the bigger picture, but I just don't see it.

Leave a comment:

• noid
    replied
    Network access is a privilage, not a right.

Second, 3 of your 4 posts have centered around hacking your schools computers. The other post seems to indicate that you were part of the avalanche of tards that came here after those fuckheads at TSS did their 'hax0r muh komput0r LOL' contest. So, its pretty obvious that you're here to bypass your schools security controls, which isnt what we are all about.

You now potentialy have 1 post left here. How you make that post will determine whether you stick around or not.

Leave a comment:

• xerph
    replied
    I'm not quite sure what you're asking for since the grammar trolls seem to have scrambled the text of your post, but I've deduced two posibilities.

1) You are looking for one or more sites acting as a web-proxy in order to bypass restrictions in place at school, but I am not sure why it would matter if the page contained a redirect to automatically load the page.

or

2) You are looking for a site where the html contains a meta refresh tag in order to load the site you first mentioned, which would also not make sense since it is clearly down. Why would you want to be redirected to a site that isn't operational?

and

3) Maybe instead of trying to get around the restrictions put in place by the people running the network you should thank them for allowing you to use their systems in the first place.

Leave a comment:

• pcgeek
    started a topic getting past web blocks

getting past web blocks

ok my school doesnt have a very secure network at all. to get past the web blockes we would normally go to http://www.1dnn.com but then they blocked that site, so i figured out the is u type https://www.1dnn.com is will work. but for some reason that didt work anymore so i wanted to know if any one here knew of a site that had an address bar which redirects to a site like 1dnn, thanx

-geek
Working...
X