X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adrenaline
    replied
    I believe last time I checked I had like 2-300 hours+ of music videos on one of my digi-jukeboxes, if anyone needs any particular contributions, let me know and I'll see if I have it. :)

Leave a comment:

• Grifter
    replied
    Well said.

Leave a comment:

• Tierra
    replied
    If you can come up with around 72 hours of some decent quality content to take up a whole new channel on its own that everyone thinks would peak the interest of a lot of the Defcon crowd, I'd say, throw it down. The DCMC crew, despite most of the content being easy to find and prepare, did put a lot of time down to organize a schedule, program a scripted video player to play the schedule, and dealing with bugs like incorrect reported video length times, poorly encoded filler clips, and linux video hardware (since Defcon 12 proved Windows scheduler just wasn't going to cut it). That's not mentioning the money and hardware donated. For reference as well, while most of the movies were not re-encoded or compressed, the total size count for somewhere around 100 hours of video turned out to be about 220-230 GB. I just mention that so everyone has some ideas as to how much work is involved with channel ideas.

Along those lines, I actually have twice as much anime as I have other video including everything from DCMC. But there was barely enough interest in the DCMC idea to pull that off. I guess having already pulled off DCMC, throwing any other channels up wouldn't be too hard since most of the work is already done.

Leave a comment:

• Vyrus
    replied
    http://www.anime-expo.org/

Leave a comment:

• Ratzhat
    replied
    Don't know what expo you're talking about, but oki *Fg*

Leave a comment:

• Vyrus
    replied
    DCMTV hmm..... sounds like Anime-expo's AMV contest :P

Leave a comment:

• hackajar
    replied
    Originally posted by Grifter
    I actually suggested this for DC11 I beleive, but it was shot down since the CTF channel usually has music accompanying the scores and that is broadcast over the hotel network.
    The CTF people really walked away from that level of partisapation in dc12, perhaps we can rehash this idea? 702 has wanted to work on this for some time. What did you do to get DCTV added on?

Leave a comment:

• Grifter
    replied
    I actually suggested this for DC11 I beleive, but it was shot down since the CTF channel usually has music accompanying the scores and that is broadcast over the hotel network.

Leave a comment:

• hackajar
    replied
    You know in euro market, there are a lot of Techno video's. We (US) get Pop video's like B-Spears (/scarcasim) YEAH, B-Spears is my hero!

Really, Voltage Spike, hit it on the head: Lot's of 3-5 min video's to "hold you over" while waiting for next speech, quick recovery in room or sound track to your debochery with a scene wh**e.

Also, night life and ultra after parties always provide for great reason to have "background chatter" & "chill music" at certin times of day.

Leave a comment:

• allentrace
    replied
    Originally posted by Voltage Spike
    In fact, the maintainers of that site may do well here: "There are more, but use your brain before you believe a song is by Rammstein."
    <Sarcasm>You mean they also did not cover "Its A Small World?" Damn It, how in the hell am I so gullible.</Sarcasm>

But point in fact I would be correct in that it would be a rare song if they did in fact do it. (No more drinking while typing responses for me) Have a Nice Day.

Leave a comment:

• bascule
    replied
    I'm for it so long as Gary Numan / Cars and Dire Straits / Money for Nothing get played... oh, and Devo / Whip It

Leave a comment:

• skroo
    replied
    Originally posted by Voltage Spike
    This is off track, but a search from Rammstein Barbie Girl reveals that Rammstein did not perform Barbie Girl.
    Well, they *should* have :)

Mind you, if it's anything like their version of Depeche Mode's 'Stripped' - the vocals to which make me laugh my ass off every time it comes up in rotation - the world may actually be quantifiably better-off without it.

Leave a comment:

• Voltage Spike
    replied
    Originally posted by allentrace
    Rare video you mean like Rammstein doing a cover of Aqua's Barbie Girl.
    This is off track, but a search from Rammstein Barbie Girl reveals that Rammstein did not perform Barbie Girl.

In fact, the maintainers of that site may do well here: "There are more, but use your brain before you believe a song is by Rammstein."

Leave a comment:

• allentrace
    replied
    Originally posted by hackajar
    I would like to speak of Music channel for DC13. Compleate with internet made MV's and old/new/rare video's from around the world. It would be nice to use as interviewing media for DJ's and musicains that preform at DC.

What do others think?
    Rare video you mean like Rammstein doing a cover of Aqua's Barbie Girl.

Leave a comment:

• Voltage Spike
    replied
    As I am sure you aware, there were music videos on DCTV this year (as filler).

I really like the idea. DCMTV would allow me to view content in a more convenient manner. In particular, I really liked the filler because I could catch something interesting or funny when I had a few spare minutes, but I didn't feel any particular attraction to simply staying in my room to finish watching a movie.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X