Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SPAM: "O'Reilly Books 43% off" (From LUG lists)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cindy
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris
    You can use a credit card at Bookpool just like any other online vendor.
    I thought that I paid for shipping during the transaction. But I seemed to have that extra expense and time. I wonder if it was because I had the books shipped up to Canada?

Leave a comment:

• ck3k
    replied
    I will have to look into that, because the free book giveaways that happen at nblug are awesome, usually walk away with some awesome stuff.

Leave a comment:

• TheCotMan
    replied
    Originally posted by ck3k
    The local lug down here acually meets at the orielly headquarters, and we get I think 20% off. So if your ever in the Sonoma area ;)
    This is something that is extended to many LUG. Also, if you are a LUG, you may want to check in with O'Reilly about free books. (They have been known to donate several hundred dollars worth of books to computer clubs, user groups, and other groups... perhaps even a local DC group could apply for free books to give away at their meetings.)

If I find a link, I'll edit this and include it.
    [Link Found:]
    http://ug.oreilly.com/banners/ug_invite_flyer.pdf

Ooops! I should not have posted this.
    I think that Ck3k wants people to visit this local DC group, and was using this as an enticement. ;-)
    Last edited by TheCotMan; January 17, 2005, 17:17.

Leave a comment:

• ck3k
    replied
    The local lug down here acually meets at the orielly headquarters, and we get I think 20% off. So if your ever in the Sonoma area ;)

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied
    Originally posted by cindy
    I used book pool once. Yeah, the books are a bit cheaper, but it is COD cash on delivery. Which means you have to pay again when the books are delivered. Other stores, it's just prepaid and they leave the books in my mail box. With bookpool I kept getting a notice that they were there and needed money. I had to go into work late one day just to wait for the guy

You can use a credit card at Bookpool just like any other online vendor.

Leave a comment:

• cindy
    replied
    I used book pool once. Yeah, the books are a bit cheaper, but it is COD cash on delivery. Which means you have to pay again when the books are delivered. Other stores, it's just prepaid and they leave the books in my mail box. With bookpool I kept getting a notice that they were there and needed money. I had to go into work late one day just to wait for the guy

Leave a comment:

• TheCotMan
    started a topic SPAM: "O'Reilly Books 43% off" (From LUG lists)

SPAM: "O'Reilly Books 43% off" (From LUG lists)

[Posting this SPAM in /dev/null:]

There was a post on a LUG list for this:

Bookpool.com is selling all O'Reilly books for 43% off but the graphic
    on their homepage says the sale ends today -- Sunday January 16.
    Hopefully orders placed today will get the discount. They are in
    Massachuesetts and sell by mail.

Also, today through Tuesday 1/18, _Linux Cookbook_, by Carla Schroder,
    ISBN 0596006403, O'Reilly, December 2004, is being sold by Fry's
    Electronics for $25 with a $25 mail-in rebate. Lots of good info in that book!
    I own a lot of O'Reilly books and I like deals like this.

disclaimer: I do not work for that site, Fry's or O'Reilly; I gain nothing from this sale.

Also, be careful with any rebates. If you don't follow their directions exactly, they will often refuse to honor their rebate offer: Original Receipt means Original Reciept.

[added content]
    And on another list, the owner of "nerdbooks.com" wrote this:
    If one does a search on the nerdbooks.com site for "O'Reilly", one finds
    that any book in stock over a quantity of 5 is 45% off. We have just under
    150 different O'Reilly titles that fit into this category and that are 45%
    off. This has been the case for at least two months and won't end anytime
    soon.

Those in stock in quantities of 3-4 are 37% off the cover, and those that we
    have 1-2 copies in stock are 35% off.

We have a total of 571 different O'Reilly titles in stock.
    If you know of good deals on paper-books from companies like O'Reilly, I'd like to hear about them. :-)
Working...
X