DC Shoot @ DC13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by noid
    Actually, that location is now closed. Vegas is spreading like a weed and there are now houses out towards that area.
    Wow, be careful where you bury your Tannerite for next year!

Comment

Originally posted by noid
      Theres a couple of places. They're indoor ranges and they have a wide variety of guns to choose from. The downside is that you end up spending a bunch of money and their range officers treat you like a noob regardless of how much trigger time you've got on machine guns.

But if thats your cup of tea

http://www.thegunstorelasvegas.com/rental.htm
      Been to the gunstore a few times, its one of the more popular ones. But you're right, they do have an attitude to whomever comes in that are not range members/regulars.

The first time I went was about 5 years ago and it was a fun time then. I burnt through a few rounds on an M16
      Livin it up in the digital metropolis known as Tokyo.
      Tokyo's 2600 web page: www.tokyo2600.com

Comment

i'd actually be very interested in checking this out early on thursday, before plans for the toxic bbq get into full swing. since the dc-shoot isn't happening this year, would anyone be interested in this?

Originally posted by Dented-Halo
        The first time I went was about 5 years ago and it was a fun time then. I burnt through a few rounds on an M16
        do you recall how much it cost for the whole rental and range time? on their site they make it sound like certain weapons (such as M16s and AKs) cost only $25 (for a single mag, aparently) were there other fees when you were there? frankly, i'd be willing to drop a couple hundred if i could let loose a few clips with a stoner rifle (which despite being around a lot i've never personally fired, actually) and an M249... maybe a Thomspon gun, as well. how much line time did you get and what did you spend in total, if you recall?
        "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
        - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam
          do you recall how much it cost for the whole rental and range time?
          For the SAW, 4 belts (each had ~25 rounds), a target and shooting in a supervised fashion, it ran about $180 (with the $5 off coupon)
          For the Uzi, AK-47, and ??? the cost for the weapon, and 4 clips and a target it was around $105-$120.

It was fairly expensive for the short time we had, and the close supervision did not let us relax much. We took pictures and posed with our borrowed weapons-- they were at least nice with letting us use a camera on the range.

We had 4 people. each one rented a weapon, and we each did one clip for each weapon. And as was mentioned, they treated all of us like newbies, and supervised our use intensely.

how much line time did you get and what did you spend in total, if you recall?
          The guy did not have a stop watch. When were were out of ammo, he left with us. I did not get a sense that there was a time limit with their weapons and ammo.

Comment

I don't suppose having military ID or other evidence of marksmanship would give more credibility?

Comment

Working...
            X