bouncing signals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bouncing signals

Does anyone know if there is any way that i could bounce a signal from my house to downtown (about a mile). it is all uphill then flattens out a quarter mile later. I am wondering becuase i would like to be able to sit up at the tea haus with my laptop and still work on the internet, i currently have 3meg service from charter, any help would be apreciated.
    before asking a retarded question, google it. google knows all.

Find a point in between the two points where you can see each point in a line of site. Find a location there where you can place an antenna booster. Make friends with a local. Then put a yagi at both end points pointing to the repeater in the center.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
      Find a point in between the two points where you can see each point in a line of site. Find a location there where you can place an antenna booster. Make friends with a local. Then put a yagi at both end points pointing to the repeater in the center.

The cost analysis looks good on that idea:

CHEAP yagi (i.e. Pringles "cantenna"): around 15 bucks each.

Case of beer to persuade man in the middle to allow mounting of booster: 10-20 bucks (depending on brand and quality of the beer)

Getting a geek to go out in public and talk to someone new: Priceless!

Comment

Working...
      X