PGP Keysigning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alklloyd
    Frankly, I don't have a lot of use for PGP (your mileage may vary).
    I'm so *legal* nowadays...
    You are the kind of person we want using encryption. If you assume that the government can break modern encryption (albeit not easily), then we want the signal-to-noise ratio to be so low as to not make it worth the effort.

Besides, it lends legitimacy to both the field and the applications. I'm more inclined to believe that most people don't use PGP because the ease-of-use is slightly beyond what users are willing to tolerate and the user-base has not reached critical mass yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Tangent
      I'll update the PGP business card template that I made last year, as well as have a laptop set up so I can sign on-site people's keys on the major keyservers.
      I don't mean to disrespect but, Please make sure the laptop is secure before having everyone sign in on it.
      Delicious Poison:

The difference between a nerd and a geek? Well a nerd does not wear Spider Man butt huggers.

Comment

Originally posted by klepto
        I don't mean to disrespect but, Please make sure the laptop is secure before having everyone sign in on it.
        I think DT is describing the act of his own signing of other people's keys and then publishing his own work to the keyservers-- not having people "sign in" using his laptop.

The "business cards template" is meant to be a system by which people can pre-print the information necessary about their key (ID/Fingerpint/checksum/etc) which would be done before you attended the key-signing party.

As for having the laptop secured before the event, if DT can't do this on his own (heh) he probably has friends who can help him. (heh-heh heh-heh hrm. Oh yeah!)

[Added reply to previous post:]
        Originally posted by klepto
        I will go, to identify myself, I will write down my moniker on either my palm or on a post-it. I haven't decided yet.
        If on my palm, wouldn't Las Vegas heat that causes me to sweat smear it off? But a post it, what color? bright red? That will attract attention, I need a solid dark color.
        Do what many others on the forums do... Make a Forum Badge
        Last edited by TheCotMan; May 7, 2005, 12:57.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan
          Do what many others on the forums do... Make a Forum Badge
          speaking of badgers (we don't need no stinking badgers..) will TwinVega be whiping up a batch of them again this year? if so I would assue that the standard $5 fee applies....
          If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

Originally posted by Siviak
            speaking of badgers (we don't need no stinking badgers..) will TwinVega be whiping up a batch of them again this year? if so I would assue that the standard $5 fee applies....

What you need to do is have him make you a badge without DefconXXX on it. That way you can use it again next year and the for other cons.

Comment

Originally posted by Siviak
              Yeah Twin, you up for it again this year? (if so, i need to find a new graphic)
              “Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.”

Comment

Originally posted by LosT
                So yeah, I'll be doing the same thing again this year. A card, with my email addy, my forum avatar on it, and my key.
                Funny coincidence...I just found your card from DC12 last week. Guess I'll take VS's advice and do it myself this year. A while back when I did have some sensitive issues going on, I used PGPFone for a while...but I've never really used PGP. Name, email, avatar, ID/Fingerprint suffice?

Al
                "Are my pants...threatening you?"

Comment

Working...
                X