• Show
Clear All

• alklloyd
    replied
    Originally posted by astcell
    Careful where you poke!
    Very true astcell...

Al

On a side note, I saw Rose at the multistore Subway with one of his (broken, TSS?...which one I don't know) buds. Couldn't think of anything I wanted to say...

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    Originally posted by big chopper
    OMG! I poked around that site and eventually landed at a page with a link to a video of pool2girl!
    --bc.
    Careful where you poke!

Leave a comment:

• hackajar
    replied
    Kevin himself is a decient guy (yes defending him a bit, but hear me out). Knowing him via several odd run-ins with each other and talking with him, he does have a lot going on upstairs. I'm not sure why he would be so apt to doing something as silly as theBroken. My buddy was being interviewed by him for TechTV, and he's like "This is not going on theBroken right?", and Kevin was accually a bit shocked to hear that.

Maybe he just needs to know that he is needed/loved en-masses, and will settle for bottom of the barrel "1337" WiFi crackers.

When I run into him this year at DC, I'll be sure to politly talk with him about theBroken, cause no one will listen to you, if you just make smart ass quips. It's when you show real concern that they see the light.

/no flame please, just IMHO!

Leave a comment:

• FLeiXiuS
    replied
    I'm just wondering how old this video actually is, seeing that he's searching for bonzi buddy on Kazaa. wow lmao.

Leave a comment:

• kiji
    replied
    LMAO, I just watched that and all he did was search for bonzi buddie......That was great.

Leave a comment:

• KeLviN
    replied
    Originally posted by Windblows User
    Kevin kind of introduced me to modding things and taking stuff apart. I still like Rose and watch his stuff because when I didnt know anything about anything and I watched TSS and The Broken I would learn stuff. I learned a lot of the basics of computer hardware and some software from watching him.... And The Broken outtakes are pretty damn funny.
    i dont know if you mean it to sound like you are best buds with the broken krew, but it does sound like thats what you're implying.

so either stop front'n like you're all IN with the crew, or word your posts more clearly so we dont assume you're a poser.

and if i'm entirely wrong, and you do "kick-it" with the boys, i wouldnt share that with any one either.

Leave a comment:

• KeLviN
    replied
    has any one yet mentioned that "ramzi", while probably his real name, is still a much more 1337 name then the thread starter, "funkychicken"?

Leave a comment:

• Windblows User
    replied
    Kevin kind of introduced me to modding things and taking stuff apart. I still like Rose and watch his stuff because when I didnt know anything about anything and I watched TSS and The Broken I would learn stuff. I learned a lot of the basics of computer hardware and some software from watching him.... And The Broken outtakes are pretty damn funny.

Leave a comment:

• hackajar
    replied
    Originally posted by erehwon
    I have his videos on my laptop when teaching classes and looking for a transition to the next instructor, it really breaks up the class when you have a room full of uptight program managers not wanting the class in the first place laughing their collective asses off at his use of Bonzai Buddy.
    I use GI Joe PSA 's(modified ones of course) to break up monatny (sp?) of training classes

Leave a comment:

• erehwon
    replied
    Hacking with Ramzi rocks!

I have his videos on my laptop when teaching classes and looking for a transition to the next instructor, it really breaks up the class when you have a room full of uptight program managers not wanting the class in the first place laughing their collective asses off at his use of Bonzai Buddy.

Leave a comment:

• big chopper
    replied
    Originally posted by alklloyd
    Heh. For sure then...that guy was a d**k.

Al
    OMG! I poked around that site and eventually landed at a page with a link to a video of pool2girl!
    --bc.

Leave a comment:

• alklloyd
    replied
    Originally posted by astcell
    It's only "arguing" until you see my point.
    Heh. For sure then...that guy was a d**k.

Al

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    It's only "arguing" until you see my point.

Leave a comment:

• alklloyd
    replied
    Originally posted by Xodia
    Considering how much thebroken is bashed on this forum, I have to give credit to Kevin Rose for showing up at Defcon. I hope Ramsi comes some day, he looks like a fun enough guy.

I think alklloyd and I talked about this at the last Defcon...before poolcon was rudely interrupted.
    I remember that conversation. Yeah, the last half of poolcon sucked. Astcell did some great arguing... Rose was a good sport for showing up and doing the dunk tank. What I was saying to Zodia was if I were 14 and had never heard of any of this stuff, I'd think the broken was the bomb.

Al

Leave a comment:

• Floydr47
    replied
    We had a TV show on our community college TV station up until last year that was one of the best shows I had ever seen. Why it was cancelled I have no idea. It started out with "Introduction to Computers", taught the very basics to people who knew absolutely nothing about computers and became progressivly more advanced week by week. It touched on such subjects as basic use of the internet, how to use a search engine, using Microsoft programs, "Introduction to DOS", computer ethics, and how to protect yourself on-line. It was a step by step program that you watch while sitting at your keyboard and learn by copying what was shown on the TV. At the end of the show the college listed a help desk phone line for those who had questions pertaining to the show. It was probably the most well thought out community service project I have ever seen. If there were more TV shows like that one and less like "The Broken", I think there would be far fewer Fucktards in the world.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X