• Show
Clear All

• Hacker deletes own hard drive

Life just gets better and better.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=22838

Hacker deletes own hard drive

You're going down, man!

By Paul Hales: Wednesday 27 April 2005, 09:31

A CHAT CHANNEL spat ended when a wannabe hacker was duped into deleting his own hard drive.

The 26 year-old German claimed he was the baddest hacker in town and threatened to attack a moderator on #stopHipHop's RC Channel because he thought he'd been thrown out.

He demanded the moderator cough up his IP address and prepare to be hacked.

The moderator sent back a bunch of numbers and there then followed a period in which the moderator assumes all manner of hack tools were unleashed at the IP address.

Finally the hacker declared success."I can see your E: drive disappearing, he gloated, "D: is down 45 percent!" he cried, before disappearing into the ether.

It seems he'd been hot enough to hack his own address.

--------------------------------------------------------

Here is the full chat room text, youre gonna die laughing.

http://www.totalillusions.net/forum/...?showtopic=328
    Last edited by astcell; April 28, 2005, 13:47.

Reminds me of that UserFriendly from a while back. Funny stuff
    "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
      Life just gets better and better...
      Sort of like
      Code:
      User doesn't know it yet but he has secretly had his files replaced
      with [url=http://www.research.ibm.com/antivirus/SciPapers/Smoke/smoke.html]Folgers Crystals[/url]. will he notice? Let's watch...

Comment

People as stupid as that just need to be shot.

Fscking moron.

Comment

Originally posted by Landus

Fscking moron.
          I never dismiss people as stupid, even the leetest amongst us can fall victim to a new virus, trojan or worm if well designed. When you underestimate people that is when you are the most vulerable.
          I enjoy talking to myself...it's usually the only intelligent conversations I get to have.

Comment

Originally posted by Landus

Fscking moron.
            I never dismiss people as stupid, even the leetest amongst us can fall victim to a new virus, trojan or worm if well designed. When you underestimate people that is when you are the most vulnerable.
            I enjoy talking to myself...it's usually the only intelligent conversations I get to have.

Comment

Originally posted by bitchecker
              <bitchchecker> my grandma surfs with fire wall
              <bitchchecker> and you suckers think you're cool and don't dare going into the internet without a fire wall
              I need to remember that insult. Its definitely a winner.

g__k: Heathen!
              Xodia: Your grandma surfs with a firewall.
              The dude abides.

Comment

Originally posted by Xodia

Heh. I think LoST beat you to it in using it as a quote. :-)

Your Grandma surfs with a firewall (well, after Defcon 13 anyway)~

Comment

Okay, what vendor will have that on a T-shirt first?

Comment

How stupid do you have to be, to destroy you're own harddisk
                    The box said "Requires Windows 95 or better." I can't understand why it won't work on my Linux computer

if (argc > 1 && strcmp(argv[1], "-advice") == 0) { printf("Don't Panic!\n"); exit(42); }

Comment

I vote this to be best post ever...
                      hahahahha
                      00110001001100110011001100110111001000000111001101 11010101100011011010110111001100101100001000000111 01010111001101100101001000000110001001101001011011 1001100001011100100111100100100001

Comment

Originally posted by Xodia
                        Originally posted by TheCotMan
                        Heh. I think LoST beat you to it in using it as a quote. :-)
                        Your Grandma surfs with a firewall (well, after Defcon 13 anyway)~
                        On a positive note, you beat Darksource.

Originally posted by Be_Th3_Penguin
                        I vote this to be best post ever...
                        hahahahha
                        Not me. I would vote for one of Chris' or Noid's many posts-- lots of creativity in their one-liners.

Comment

While I believe that the entire "Hacker deletes his own hard drive" story is an urban legend, ( I mean Christ, how moronic would the guy need to be?), I found the "Your grandma surfs with a firewall" comment to be highly insulting because my grandma DOES surf with a firewall. On a more serious note, I did try to translate the comment into German (the language that the hacker supposedly used) and couldn't get a coherent translation. So perhaps "hacker deletes his own hard drive" is a myth or perhaps my high school German, and Babblefish, is not up to the task.

Comment

That's like the insult, "Your mama wears Army boots." It may be a matter of pride, not disgrace.

As for online translators, don't put more than a few words into them, and they work in the literal word, not the way we speak.

It may be an urban legend, and if so, it is one that I have not heard before.

Comment

urban legends reference

I tried looking for this particular story to see if it is indeed an "urban legend" but to no avail. In relation to urban legends, here's a site that may be of interest for some.
                              http://www.snopes.com/

BK
                              Temet Nosce

Comment

Working...
                              X