X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• allentrace
    replied
    Originally posted by noid
    To bring this thread full circle. iTunes did the trick, luckily I had enough HD space to basically mirror my mp3 collection. Thanks to those that replied!
    I also have an insane amount of music I ripped from my cds and used Itunes to sort them. Beware though if you are using an Ipod with it set to mirror your Itunes Music Folder then in my case on some tracks it created duplicates and on others it lost the files completely though i was able to recover them.... Ohh well just thought I would warn you of my experience

Leave a comment:

• Voltage Spike
    replied
    Originally posted by GodMinusOne
    In the future, if you want a Windows CD ripper that creates folders for each individual artist
    The original program, cdex, can do this as well. It is quite flexible (as are most open source programs) in this respect. It appears, however, that this feature is either not configured by default or noid somehow changed it.

Leave a comment:

• GodMinusOne
    replied
    In the future, if you want a Windows CD ripper that creates folders for each individual artist, I'd recommend (and use) FreeRIP.

Leave a comment:

• noid
    replied
    To bring this thread full circle. iTunes did the trick, luckily I had enough HD space to basically mirror my mp3 collection. Thanks to those that replied!

Leave a comment:

• Second
    replied
    Originally posted by AlxRogan
    I went through 90 gigs of MP3s and let iTunes run loose.
    Dang...that's a lot of legally purchased music. I don't think i have 90 gigs of.....anything on my computer.

:)

Leave a comment:

• Siviak
    replied
    Ya, I know, this isnt tech support, but I'm a moderator so neener
    shocking abuse of power there Noid-ster... I have come to expect no less from the mods here... bravo, my friend bravo

Leave a comment:

• Cygnus
    replied
    ...The ID3 tags are all correct, so I am wondering; can anyone recommend a Windows tool that would go through the directory and create folders for each album?
    http://www.foobar2000.com/
    Load them all in to a play list then right click on all of the selected files and use the masstagger function. You may have to define how you want them named from the ID3 tags but this works grate.

Leave a comment:

• hackajar
    replied
    If you happen to have php laying around this script should do the trick!

Just remove .txt off end and edit top of file to reflect your directories

Have Fun!

Leave a comment:

• mikedc1760
    replied
    I also use iTunes. I like being able to change the Bit Rate.

Leave a comment:

• alklloyd
    replied
    no he didnt, but I do have iTunes on this box, so that is a viable option.
    Sorry, from the post I couldn't tell.
    I guess I forgot the wild appeal of the ipod/tunes. Everyone loves it. Never touched them myself. My PPC phone is a fine mp3 player, but what do I know?

Al

Leave a comment:

• AlxRogan
    replied
    Originally posted by astcell
    iTunes is indeed your best bet. You can import from the file,and it will copy. I did it myself.
    Another vote for iTunes here for the original sort. I went through 90 gigs of MP3s and let iTunes run loose. After about 3 hours, it copied all the MP3s in the proper Artist/Album/Track format. After a few days of running it, I went ahead and deleted my old share.

Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• hackajar
    replied
    just out of curiosity, what's the filename format?

Example:
    01-God Ate My HomeWork-CoolAlbum-Pirate_This_Song.mp3

Tracknumber, Band Name, Album Name, Song Name = format above

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    iTunes is indeed your best bet. You can import from the file,and it will copy. I did it myself.

Leave a comment:

• TheCotMan
    replied
    I now have a directory with about 1500 songs in it. The ID3 tags are all correct, so I am wondering; can anyone recommend a Windows tool that would go through the directory and create folders for each album?
    I do not know of any program for windows that could do this.

What I would do is do a "dir > \music.txt" dump, then process that music.txt file on a machine that has sed to build a batch file that automagically would MD the dirname as taken from regex pattern for album name, followed by a MOVE *album-name*.* album-name\

You could also turn to VB, or perl, or (gah) C++... ]:>

Links:
    http://www.cygwin.com/

Leave a comment:

• noid
    replied
    no he didnt, but I do have iTunes on this box, so that is a viable option.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X