Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Queercon is On

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Queercon is On

    I just wanted to let everyone know that the queer members of Seattle 2600 are planning on hosting Queercon again this year.

    Some of you might remember the party from last year, Friday night at pool2 with DJ CMOS doing the spinning. Well, CMOS is in it for another year, only this time we're planning things more than just a couple weeks ahead of time!

    A lot of details are still in the air, such as where the party will be, how we'll handle booze, lighting/sound, etc. If you'd like to keep up to date on the latest, and help us make some decisions about the party for hackers worthy of a new constitutional amendment (*grins*), check out http://www.queercon.org.

    We've set up a forum this year, so your opinions and feedback is welcome, even the bad ones.

    (BTW, just to reiterate this all-important fact, this is a party for anyone with an open mind and accepting attitude, not just the queer crowd.)
    yah

  • #2
    Originally posted by euro12
    I just wanted to let everyone know that the queer members of Seattle 2600 are planning on hosting Queercon again this year.


    (BTW, just to reiterate this all-important fact, this is a party for anyone with an open mind and accepting attitude, not just the queer crowd.)

    And on a totally unrelated issue, but in the Queer Realm. The Queer Consulate will have their party on Thursday the 28th, following the Toxic BBQ at the AP.

    Info to Follow, as well as info on the new immunity cards.

    Comment


    • #3
      I need queer consulate diplomatic immunity this year, as I plan on punching out tourists at the Circus Circus buffet sometime that weekend.

      I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by highwizard
        Info to Follow, as well as info on the new immunity cards.
        HighWiz, does that mean that the old cards will not be honored?
        "It is difficult not to wonder whether that combination of elements which produces a machine for labor does not create also a soul of sorts, a dull resentful metallic will, which can rebel at times". Pearl S. Buck

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by lil_freak
          HighWiz, does that mean that the old cards will not be honored?

          They will be honored up until the point that the new card is issued to said person and checked off on my list.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by highwizard
            They will be honored up until the point that the new card is issued to said person and checked off on my list.
            off topic, but hilarious quote there hw.
            Delicious Poison:

            The difference between a nerd and a geek? Well a nerd does not wear Spider Man butt huggers.

            Comment


            • #7
              can you guys interface with dc702 this year. We had a mix up on who was covering pool2 last year on Friday night.
              "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by hackajar
                can you guys interface with dc702 this year. We had a mix up on who was covering pool2 last year on Friday night.

                I vote for QueerCon since they're cooler then DC702.. I mean shit, dc702 couldn't even win the scavenger hunt.

                Comment


                • #9
                  fuck... now I have to dig my card out from last year?? what if I just wiggle my ass a little?
                  if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by highwizard
                    I vote for QueerCon since they're cooler then DC702.. I mean shit, dc702 couldn't even win the scavenger hunt.
                    OH man! And now it starts.... Good thing you guys disbanded last year. Hopfully there won't a a Cher 'esk come back tour.
                    "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by hackajar
                      OH man! And now it starts.... Good thing you guys disbanded last year. Hopfully there won't a a Cher 'esk come back tour.

                      Maybe I should participate just to kick your ass... AGAIN

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by highwizard
                        Maybe I should participate just to kick your ass... AGAIN
                        NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!


                        .... Although, you can join our team and help increase the odds! hint hint, nudge nudge
                        "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Hmm highwiz may be will have to put the band back together....
                          There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.

                          - Henry David Thoreau

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by L0nd0
                            Hmm highwiz may be will have to put the band back together....

                            That doesn't sound like a bad idea.. Though I feel kinda bad since last year we totally Decimated all the other teams by thousands of points. I mean, like dc702, they came in second place but even that was really P A T H E T I C.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by euro12
                              (BTW, just to reiterate this all-important fact, this is a party for anyone with an open mind and accepting attitude, not just the queer crowd.)
                              You may want to add that to a FAQ along with other questions, like:
                              * What is the minimum age to attend QC?
                              * What is GLBT?
                              * What is a Queer Counsul[ate]?
                              * What is this talk of colors, placement, meaning and regional influence?
                              * Other than talking, how can I be sure to communicate to others I am or am not GLBT to avoid an awkward situation?
                              * Will I catch 'teh' [Gay|Lesbian|Bisexual|Transgendered] if I attend?

                              I'm sure there are others that have been asked in the past.
                              Last edited by TheCotMan; May 15, 2005, 16:36.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X