X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noid
    replied
    Getting a room while on the road is not a pricey option in that region too. A few years ago on the way back from Defcon, we got a room in Jackpot, NV. Cost me 20 bucks for the night. Not the nicest place, but for a room with a locking door that I could crash in for 5 hours, it was worth it.

Leave a comment:

• converge
    replied
    umm... or. If you are intent on staying in your car, switch off driving with the folks going with you. The drive is only 18 hours or so (depending on speed) and is easily a straight shot, especially with other drivers.

Leave a comment:

• noid
    replied
    I would recommend not camping out in the desert. As a desert rat myself, I can tell you, that region at that time of the year is one of the most unpleasant places around. If you're that broke and need to crash some place, make friends with someone at con and crash in their room or sleep in your car. Plus, suburbia has spread out around Vegas quite a bit, you have to drive now to get to the desert.
    Play it safe and stay some place where you have ready access to shelter and water.

Leave a comment:

• Cameron B
    started a topic Portland Oregon

Portland Oregon

I am planning on going to defcon this summer, im thinking it could be a fun roadtrip.
    it would be about a thousand miles but it would be cool.

my car is a hyundai elantra and could theoretically seat 5 though id say the max is 4.

if people want to split the gas costs and stuff id be willing to use my car for it.

i plan on camping out in the desert or sleeping in my car, unless you all want to share a room.

post here if you are interested.
Working...
X