X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• datajunkie
    replied
    Looking for a ride...

HEy I might be interested in sharing a ride and room w/ ya. when are you leaving and returning?

Leave a comment:

• telco88
    replied
    getting ahold of Musashi

If he doesn't allready have a forwarder for info@dc503.org>musashi@dc503.org I will provision the forwarder this afternoon.

Leave a comment:

• converge
    replied
    ... I'm a DC503 member.. whatcha wanna know? PM, email.. iirc musashi was still maintaining info@dc503.org. I know he responds to musashi@dc503.org (he is the group POC)

We built mag readers the last meeting I attended. I missed the May meeting, but usually every third or fourth Saturday is a safe bet at the Urban Grind.

There is a local 2600 that I still haven't been able to attend, but plan on it now that my work schedule is becoming more sane. We try to keep the 503 meeting from conflicting so that members can attend it as well without fighting, as well as some of the other cool meets like PTP Monthly. Having a Vancouver meeting is just retarded, imo. Travel is only 10-15 minutes and none of the groups are nearly large enough to pretend multiple sects are necessary.

Leave a comment:

• staticblac
    replied
    I know that there are local groups (except for the 2600 group but the site is down ) my attempts to contact those groups failed so I just though why not add it into a thread

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    Originally posted by noid
    I used to think the same thing, then one fateful Christmas Eve that got proven wrong. Blood, venison, and presents everywhere. Worst. Christmas. Ever.
    Oh yes, we heard about that one...

Leave a comment:

• noid
    replied
    Originally posted by che
    True.. but I am less likely to hit a deer in a jet..
    I used to think the same thing, then one fateful Christmas Eve that got proven wrong. Blood, venison, and presents everywhere. Worst. Christmas. Ever.

Leave a comment:

• Gadsden
    replied
    Originally posted by lil_freak
    Driving more than 8 hours isn't so bad, it's just the long trek through Utah that gets to most hackers

Oh Che, Defcon Road Trips Are The Best!!! I mean where else can one travel down the highway headed to Vegas and be able to tell how you made it alive and in one piece to con or back from con?
    True.. but I am less likely to hit a deer in a jet..

Leave a comment:

• dYn4mic
    replied
    Originally posted by che
    Driving is great if you don't have more than 8 hours to travel.. any more than that and forget it.
    I'm driving with some friends a bit north of the bay area in california... this will be the 3rd year in a row and its around 12+ hours. (I can't imagine driving from Utah... thats pretty hardcore).
    I've gone with the bay area carvan the last two years, but I think we're going to make our own this year....
    Get up and leave at 2:30am and we're at defcon around 5, just in time for the ToxicBBQ :-)

If you have a crappy car, your a bad driver, or you hate driving... then che is right.

Leave a comment:

• lil_freak
    replied
    Originally posted by che
    Driving is great if you don't have more than 8 hours to travel.. any more than that and forget it.
    Driving more than 8 hours isn't so bad, it's just the long trek through Utah that gets to most hackers

Sure road trips are fun, but only if you have no real destination. If you do, it is cutting into time you could be at the place where you are going...
    Oh Che, Defcon Road Trips Are The Best!!! I mean where else can one travel down the highway headed to Vegas and be able to tell how you made it alive and in one piece to con or back from con?

Leave a comment:

• TheCotMan
    replied
    Originally posted by De[X]tone
    just wanna ask... when the defcon goes to my country...??? :)
    Just wanna (want to) tell:

DefCon (annual event that is cancelled every year) is in Las Vegas every year.

There are "DefCon Groups" that are *regional*. (Search by Area code, or Country_Code+City/Regional_Code.)

Originally posted by staticblackz
    What does everyone think about planning a meeting of Portland/Vancouver people at dc?
    Wow! Two for one!

There are "DefCon Groups" that are *regional*. (Search by Area code, or Country_Code+City/Regional_Code.) (heh-heh :-)

Seriously, here is the Portland DC Group. I've not found one for Vancouver listed yet. [Though there is a Vancouver 2600 group.]

If either of you start a regional DC-Group, the place to announce it is in the Local Meetings section.

[Added content:]
    staticblackz: If there were DC Groups for both locations, you could visit each group meeting and see what people in those groups might say.
    Last edited by TheCotMan; June 13, 2005, 14:46.

Leave a comment:

• staticblac
    replied
    What does everyone thing about planning a meeting of Portland/Vancouver people at dc?

Leave a comment:

• De[X]tone
    replied
    just wanna ask... when the defcon goes to my country...??? :)

Leave a comment:

• Gadsden
    replied
    Originally posted by Toothpaste
    Also as a Vancouver resident, the bus option is not worth it. Took me about 36+ hours or so, for DC12. Have to factor in layovers, bus delays, full busses.... getting BACK took me about 48 hours. :-(

If you do bus/road trip, bring a pillow.

Flying is totally worth it. The extra ~100$ goes a LONG way towards sanity.
    Not to mention time saved, etc.
    Driving is great if you don't have more than 8 hours to travel.. any more than that and forget it. Sure road trips are fun, but only if you have no real destination. If you do, it is cutting into time you could be at the place where you are going...

Leave a comment:

• Toothpaste
    replied
    Originally posted by staticblackz
    Take my advice as a vancouver resident, the drive is not worth it. Esp. with what you would pay in food, snacks, gas, etc.... Just use your visa rewards or buy a cheap coach ticket.
    Also as a Vancouver resident, the bus option is not worth it. Took me about 36+ hours or so, for DC12. Have to factor in layovers, bus delays, full busses.... getting BACK took me about 48 hours. :-(

If you do bus/road trip, bring a pillow.

Flying is totally worth it. The extra ~100$ goes a LONG way towards sanity.

Leave a comment:

• staticblac
    replied
    Take my advice as a vancouver resident, the drive is not worth it. Esp. with what you would pay in food, snacks, gas, etc.... Just use your visa rewards or buy a cheap coach ticket.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X