Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hobbies

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hobbies

    I need a new hobby since this summer is being pretty boring for me. I was going to go into robotics but it cost way too much, so I've decided to drop it. Haven't tried lockpicking but I will if I don't come up with anything. Can anyone say what their hobbies are or make any suggestions (Right now my computer controls my life , so preferabbly not computer related).

  • #2
    We have an ongoing thread about crafts. I'm guessing you might find a few ideas in there. Good luck.

    Comment


    • #3
      Work on cars. Besides computers, cars are my other true passion. I bought an old junker just to work on this summer. Cause sometimes you need to step off the compy and fine other "real world" things to do for hobbies.
      "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

      Comment


      • #4
        I make movies and take pictures. Its a good hobby and it presents a ton of entertainment when your bored with a bunch of people. The movies won't be funny to many people other than you and your friends, but its a good hobby. I've learned alot of editing skills from it.
        The dude abides.

        Comment


        • #5
          Learn to shoot. Then learn to shoot well. That will keep you busy for many years. Then learn to reload your ammo. Barring that, learn to fish.

          I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by noid
            Learn to shoot. Then learn to shoot well. That will keep you busy for many years. Then learn to reload your ammo. Barring that, learn to fish.

            I've always had an interest in guns (Glock 20c is my favorite) but I'm not of legal age to own a gun.

            Comment


            • #7
              Learn magic tricks and how to make ballon animals. You will have the girls all over you when you do that, no matter your geek or nerd quotient.

              Comment


              • #8
                Play sports...football is a good one.
                Answering easy questions since 1987
                Si Dieu est pour moi, qui peut être contre moi?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Get a license! You will learn a lot in the process, and if you play your chips right a transceiver shouldn’t cost you too much, look into local ham-fests in your area.
                  Making music(or just noise) is also fun.
                  §

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Second
                    Play sports...football is a good one.
                    I'm a fan of baseball =P

                    Too bad I suck at it

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by xXKelbaXx
                      I'm a fan of baseball =P

                      Too bad I suck at it
                      Only a select few are naturally good at something as soon as they start. It doesn't matter if you suck, practice, and you'll get better, just like at anything. Staying physically active is good for you in both the short term and the long term.

                      :)
                      Answering easy questions since 1987
                      Si Dieu est pour moi, qui peut être contre moi?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I would suggest homebrewing.. but you said you are a bit young. I would not want to encourage the young to take up a good habbit..
                        Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by xXKelbaXx
                          I've always had an interest in guns (Glock 20c is my favorite) but I'm not of legal age to own a gun.
                          not legal age? everybody's of legal age on the internet.
                          "Fundamentalism: It's how you get all the mysteries of the universe to fit on a bumper sticker"

                          --Howard The Duck

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by che
                            I would suggest homebrewing.. but you said you are a bit young. I would not want to encourage the young to take up a good habbit..
                            Want to give me a tut for it? I'll keep it in mind for when I can do it

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by xXKelbaXx
                              I need a new hobby since this summer is being pretty boring for me. I was going to go into robotics but it cost way too much, so I've decided to drop it. Haven't tried lockpicking but I will if I don't come up with anything. Can anyone say what their hobbies are or make any suggestions (Right now my computer controls my life , so preferabbly not computer related).
                              May I suggest knitting? It teaches coodination, patience and math skills. Children who knit often do better in school, and it is said to be more relaxing than yoga. And you can even get your computer involved if you like.

                              Also, it will help you meet chicks. All the guy knitters I know always have chicks coming up to them and starting conversations. All you have to do is sit in public and knit, and they come to you.

                              Besides, it's fun, portable and can be done while watching tv.

                              Oh, I also second the vote for auto repair, that's just good stuff to know.
                              "There are no failed experiments, only more data"

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X