Buying a cheap cheap laptop!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying a cheap cheap laptop!

If anyone has a laptop for sale that is dirt cheap, please e-mail me! The only requirements that it needs is it must be able to turn on, and surf the internet. Please e-mail me, sean0890@gmail.com, if you could help me out.
    Snurf

check this thread

http://forum.defcon.org/showthread.php?t=5662
    "Fundamentalism: It's how you get all the mysteries of the universe to fit on a bumper sticker"

--Howard The Duck

Comment

If you're still interested, I have an old dell laptop that has 2 major problems.

1. It's cd-rom drive does not respond 3/4 of the time and it falls out easily.

2. Sometimes on the right half of the keyboard, the punctuation marks don't respond, so you have to pound the keys and they work again for a good 5 minutes.

If you still want it PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by xXKelbaXx
        2. Sometimes on the right half of the keyboard, the punctuation marks don't respond, so you have to pound the keys and they work again for a good 5 minutes.
        I've seen this before on laptops, and found that (if it is out of warrantee) you can sometimes fix this by disconnecting and reconnecting the keyboard ribbom connector, or re-seating it. (Requires opening up the laptop.)

If you fix the keyboard, you may be able to increase its value, but paying for new parts is usually a money pit.

(Of course, if you break it more while fixing it, that helps nobody.)

Comment

I have no nic or modem in mine, but they are easy to get, especially at Defcon!

Comment

Working...
          X