Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For all the newbies out there:

http://www.starterupsteve.com/swf/posting.html

Watch this movie carefully, your reputation and hopes for staying out of Fucktard hall and/or Dev/Null forums depend on it.

Once you have finished, perhaps reading the rules of the forums would be a good idea.
    -Ridirich

"When you're called upon to do anything, and you're not ready to do it, then you've failed."

Commander W.H. Hamilton

this thread is completly unnecessary and i would not be suprised if it ends up in dev/null, and you may have joined a while ago but your post count says you're a n00bie so don't lecture others.
    "Fundamentalism: It's how you get all the mysteries of the universe to fit on a bumper sticker"

--Howard The Duck

Comment

heh, i did like the fact that it was a spoof of the old mental-hygene type films of the 1950s and 60s. i have loads of them and enjoy seeing them referenced in satire nowadays.
      "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
      - Trent Reznor

Comment

I also like how it was a spoof of all those 50-60s era films.
        “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.” - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

Comment

Originally posted by Tao_of_pi
          this thread is completly unnecessary and i would not be suprised if it ends up in dev/null, and you may have joined a while ago but your post count says you're a n00bie so don't lecture others.
          No, I just don't have alot to say, post count means exactly, nothing.
          I am glad SOME people got some humor out of it.

See, unlike some people who joined recently and already have over 40 posts, I READ and LEARN.

Lesson on anatomy: You have 2 ears, 2 eyes and 1 mouth. You should be looking and listening twice as much as you talk.

Then again, maybe you were offended by the post. If so, relax man. It was not in referance to anyone in particular.
          -Ridirich

"When you're called upon to do anything, and you're not ready to do it, then you've failed."

Commander W.H. Hamilton

Comment

And join date is not
            "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Comment

Originally posted by Ridirich
              No, I just don't have alot to say, post count means exactly, nothing.
              I am glad SOME people got some humor out of it.

See, unlike some people who joined recently and already have over 40 posts, I READ and LEARN.

Lesson on anatomy: You have 2 ears, 2 eyes and 1 mouth. You should be looking and listening twice as much as you talk.

Then again, maybe you were offended by the post. If so, relax man. It was not in referance to anyone in particular.
              I do read a lot more then I post, but 3 years and 22 posts you should at least have a hundred unless you do a lot of lurking but still, as for science I prefer physics

Originally posted by hackajar
              And join date is not
              they are both important in determaning your place in these forums. It's like HighWiz said in a thread a while ago, you shouldn't insult unless you've been on the forums for a few years and your post count is in the hundreds.
              "Fundamentalism: It's how you get all the mysteries of the universe to fit on a bumper sticker"

--Howard The Duck

Comment

You are awfully cocky for a guy who's only been here 2 months. Pick your targets with more care in the future.

I thought the cartoon was pretty amusing, I love those old school films too. I reccomend checking out Boys Beware! , a 1961 film warning boys about the dangers of homosexuals.

It features great lines like "Ralph is sick. Not a sickness you can see, like smallpox, but just as deadly and contagious, Ralph is a homosexual."

Really funny stuff!
                "There are no failed experiments, only more data"

Comment

I do read a lot more then I post, but 3 years and 22 posts you should at least have a hundred unless you do a lot of lurking...
                  There are a number of DefCon regulars who have low post counts, and a few goons or organizers. There are also people who have been to DefCon many years, but only recently signed up for an account on the forums. (There are DC regulars view the forums as only a place to deal with announcements, arrange for ridesharing/room sharing, and not much else.)

This user has only 37 posts over 4 years That is close to Ridirich by averages.
                  This user has only 13 posts over 2 years That is less than Ridirich by average.

If you are "newish" to DefCon and/or have not been to many, you may not be able to tell the difference between the goons, old timers, new users with good skills, and clueless users, because post count, and forum join date don't guarantee much of anything.

Corrections are risky.
                  Last edited by TheCotMan; June 19, 2005, 20:36.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan
                    This user has only 37 posts over 4 years That is close to Ridirich by averages.
                    This user has only 13 posts over 2 years That is less than Ridirich by average.
                    hahaha, pure gold.

It is also nice to note the redux from "let's attack poster" to "let's attack attacker attacking poster". YHBT

I've been on for a while, but I leave my "attacks" to a min. As I can't spell to save my life (or anyone else's for that matter) and usually only when I'm drunk and don't care at the time

Comment

Originally posted by Abby_Normal
                      You are awfully cocky for a guy who's only been here 2 months. Pick your targets with more care in the future.

I thought the cartoon was pretty amusing, I love those old school films too. I reccomend checking out Boys Beware! , a 1961 film warning boys about the dangers of homosexuals.

It features great lines like "Ralph is sick. Not a sickness you can see, like smallpox, but just as deadly and contagious, Ralph is a homosexual."

Really funny stuff!
                      I really didn't understand that line, who in their right mind would believe that homosexuality is contagious? Everyone knows that 50% of the homosexuals in the world were born gay...and the other 50% were just sucked into the lifestyle...
                      I enjoy talking to myself...it's usually the only intelligent conversations I get to have.

Comment

Originally posted by Floydr47
                        Everyone knows that 50% of the homosexuals in the world were born gay...and the other 50% were just sucked into the lifestyle...
                        Are you: Kidding, generalizing, being 100% serious?

Real question, not trying to lean in on you. Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by hackajar
                          hahaha, pure gold.
                          There is nothing like a good example to illustrate what is said. :-)

It is also nice to note the redux from "let's attack poster" to "let's attack attacker attacking poster".
                          There was a discussion from before where a .swf file was offered as a link for the steam forums on how to post on their forums. I can't find the post ATM, but it was this very same .swf file.

Comment

perhaps?

I can't find the post ATM, but it was this very same .swf file.
                            This post, perhaps?

BK
                            Temet Nosce

Comment

Originally posted by Abby_Normal

Really funny stuff!
                              i actually didn't watch the movie yet, I thought he was pretty arrogant for only having 22 posts and trying to boss around n00bies when he was also one (post count wise), he was sort of right when he said I might be a bit offended about the topic.

--Howard The Duck

Comment

Working...
                              X