Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ToxicBBQ Tshirts

... or the lack of, at this point.

It has come to my attention, through channels not exactly sanctioned by leading authorities... HW won't be able to make the tshirt run for this year.

So....

..good starting point for a thread on tshirts?

1) Do people still want them?

2) Who is willing to step up, possibly putting their wallet on the line, to make the tshirts happen again this year.

Generally.. how you do the shirts is up to you, who you go through, whatever... One would assume that pricing would be above the cost of the run you make, in case not all shirts sell you can still recover the money. the only request that I have is that proceeds (meaning money above and beyond recovering your out of pocket expenses for the entire run of shirts) go to something charitable like EFF or whatnot. This is not a requirement if you insist on making some money for the time and effort you put in, just a request.

iirc there is no cool slogan yet... you can reuse last years.. or you can start a thread to come up with something new for this year... You can use the logo I created if you desire, I can get you a copy of the raw .xcf if so. Or you can inspire others or yourself to create another one.
    if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Originally posted by converge
    1) Do people still want them?
    Yes, some of us still want shirts or at least h3 and I want one.

2) Who is willing to step up, possibly putting their wallet on the line, to make the tshirts happen again this year.
    As of right now I'm still working on getting shirts done for our DCG, so I don't think I would have the time to try and get other shirts made. However, if things change I'll let you know.
    "It is difficult not to wonder whether that combination of elements which produces a machine for labor does not create also a soul of sorts, a dull resentful metallic will, which can rebel at times". Pearl S. Buck

Comment

Originally posted by converge
      ... or the lack of, at this point.

It has come to my attention, through channels not exactly sanctioned by leading authorities... HW won't be able to make the tshirt run for this year.
      That is correct, since I will not be in attendance at Defcon this year.

Last year I got around 45-50 t-shirts. Initial cost per t-shirt was between 10-12 dollars (because of the XXL).

45x12 = 540

The standard Defcon cost for a T-shirt is $20 dollars and that's what they were sold for last year.

So if you sell 27 of them you will make your money back if your bill is that high.

Comment

So it looked like no-one was doing these so they're being sent to the printers on Tuesday. And I'm shipping them out and having Londo sell them.

Quanties will be limited, and londo will have a list of people who already hit me up for them.

If you had PMed or emailed me, then you're on the list.

So far:

XXL's:
        Astcell
        C0n
        H3adrush
        Alkyloyd
        Kree2

Medium:
        Stitch
        HighWiz
        Xodia
        X-stasy

Large:
        Lil_freak
        Kelvin
        Londo

XL:
        AlxRogan
        Kree1
        Cygnus
        Ck3k

If you reply here or PM me before Wed the 6th of July I'll be able to hook you up.. After that, there's a good chance you'll be SOL. And if you're waiting like Last Year to see if the Design is cool enough.. Well, you might be one of those people who didn't get a shirt last year because they waited.
        Last edited by highwizard; July 4, 2005, 04:14.

Comment

Originally posted by highwizard
          So it looked like no-one was doing these so they're being sent to the printers on Tuesday. And I'm shipping them out and having Londo sell them.

Quanties will be limited, and londo will have a list of people who already hit me up for them.

If you had PMed or emailed me, then you're on the list.

So far:

XXL's:
          Astcell
          C0n
          H3adrush
          Alkyloyd
          Kree2

Medium:
          Stitch
          HighWiz
          Xodia
          X-stasy

Large:
          Lil_freak
          Kelvin
          Londo
          Renderman

XL:
          AlxRogan
          Kree1
          Cygnus
          Ck3k
          Spahkle

If you reply here or PM me before Wed the 6th of July I'll be able to hook you up.. After that, there's a good chance you'll be SOL. And if you're waiting like Last Year to see if the Design is cool enough.. Well, you might be one of those people who didn't get a shirt last year because they waited.

As of now, it's going to be a run of 20 t-shirts. Those who asked will get them, and then there will be 2 left over. Since no-one else PMed me or left a message here, I will assume that no-one else wants one.
          Last edited by highwizard; July 4, 2005, 22:56.

Comment

Will these shirts be dated or somehow unique from last year's shirts? We truly wil have a limited edition!

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
              Will these shirts be dated or somehow unique from last year's shirts? We truly wil have a limited edition!

They will be different.. Actually, in my opinion, the front and back design is better this year.

Comment

*ahem* I'll need an XL.. thought I told you that on the phone the other day.. sorry
                If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

and a medium for mfreeck

Comment

pssst.... tacitus... dont forget to add your name here so HighWiz doesnt forget you...
                    the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Comment

Order Placed. This was the final list of people who were actually serious about getting a t-shirt.

XXL's: 5
                      Astcell
                      C0n
                      H3adrush
                      Alkyloyd
                      Kree2

Medium: 6
                      Stitch
                      HighWiz
                      Xodia
                      X-stasy
                      mfreeck
                      Monkeyontherun

Large: 6
                      Lil_freak
                      Kelvin
                      Londo
                      Renderman
                      Tacitus

XL: 9
                      AlxRogan
                      Kree1
                      Cygnus
                      Ck3k
                      Spahkle
                      Jenn
                      Siviak
                      Knowles
                      Thecotman

Comment

Ive been outta town for 2 weeks, or I would have said put me on the list for an XL.. ohh well... I would have also volunteered to get some printed up.. a customer of mine is a T-Shirt company.

Comment

Originally posted by [Syntax]
                          Ive been outta town for 2 weeks, or I would have said put me on the list for an XL.. ohh well... I would have also volunteered to get some printed up.. a customer of mine is a T-Shirt company.
                          Really? We need to talk!
                          the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

You're not even *going to be there* and yet you hook us up with shirts...thanks, man.

Al
                            "Are my pants...threatening you?"

Comment

There may still be some room to make another shirt run if anyone really desires, but it will be *highly* risky... considering that most of the folks dedicated to getting a shirt have already spoken up for a designer HW brand shirt. If you want to make a shirt of your own, lemme know.. I've gots teh logo .xcf.

.. sidenote.. yes, HighWiz is very cool.

Comment

Working...
                              X