SushiCon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by octalpus
    Rather than two, why don't we plan to hit Marrakesh on Sunday evening? HOT DAMN, that was some amazing food!!
    sounds remarkable. i don't have much experience with moroccan cuisine, but my interest is peaked. where is Marrakesh located? (watch some wiseguy reply "31.6º N, 8º W" to that question)

And I feel a little safer going there than the place we went last year... y'all enjoy, but I'm so not showing my face there again after what happened last year.
    can you or anyone else relate the story of what happened? since my dining party was at the wrong place i'm not hip to the details.
    Last edited by Deviant Ollam; July 11, 2005, 21:37.
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

Comment

Marrakesh is right down paradise ... across flamingo I think... not too far.. but too far to walk
      If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

Rather than two, why don't we plan to hit Marrakesh on Sunday evening? HOT DAMN, that was some amazing food!! And I feel a little safer going there than the place we went last year... y'all enjoy, but I'm so not showing my face there again after what happened last year.
        Was that like hummus, tabbouli, lamb kebobs? Yum.

Al
        "Are my pants...threatening you?"

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam

heck... can we perhaps get a show of hands in this thread as to who will be in town on wednesday? maybe most/all of us will, in fact, be around.
          I;ll be in on monday. Although having just arrived in from Tokyo, another night out for sushi doesnt do much for me anymore ;)
          Livin it up in the digital metropolis known as Tokyo.
          Tokyo's 2600 web page: www.tokyo2600.com

Comment

Originally posted by Siviak
            Marrakesh is right down paradise ... across flamingo I think... not too far.. but too far to walk
            Citadel walked it. It's about two short blocks (as opposed to "vegas blocks") from Terrible's.
            the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

so... this seems to be the latest breakdown of logistics. all we need to do is finalize the times.

SushiCon 2
              Sushi on Tropicana
              2625 E Tropicana Ave
              702-898-8835
              how would 8:00PM be for people?

Post-Con Dinner
              Marrakesh
              3900 Paradise Road
              702-737-5611
              shall we say 06:30 or is that too soon after the closing ceremonies end?
              Last edited by Deviant Ollam; July 12, 2005, 15:35.
              "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
              - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam
                so... this seems to be the latest breakdown of logistics. all we need to do is finalize the times.

SushiCon 2
                Sushi on Tropicana
                2625 E Tropicana Ave
                702-898-8835
                how would 8:00PM be for people?

Post-Con Dinner
                Marrakesh
                3900 Paradise Road
                702-737-5611
                shall we say 06:30 or is that too soon after the closing ceremonies end?

Damn.. that is some serious feasting!
                8pm should work well for Cygnus and I.. We get in around 7.
                Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by che
                  Damn.. that is some serious feasting!
                  8pm should work well for Cygnus and I.. We get in around 7.
                  Sounds good... although the address of the place we went to last year is as follows:

Sushi Factory
                  6120 W Tropicana Ave Ste 811
                  Las Vegas, NV 89103-4489

Personally, I think we should stick with the place that we know is good and that can accomodate us... so if everyone else agrees I'll go ahead and make the reservation for around 30-35 people at 8PM later this evening.
                  You're either on my side or else you're in the way.

Comment

Citadel walked it. It's about two short blocks (as opposed to "vegas blocks") from Terrible's.
                    Yeah... whining in my ear the entire time as I guided him in via cell phone
                    “Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.”

Comment

Originally posted by GodMinusOne
                      Sounds good... although the address of the place we went to last year is as follows:

Sushi Factory
                      6120 W Tropicana Ave Ste 811
                      Las Vegas, NV 89103-4489

Personally, I think we should stick with the place that we know is good and that can accomodate us... so if everyone else agrees I'll go ahead and make the reservation for around 30-35 people at 8PM later this evening.
                      Sounds good to me!
                      Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

I shall be there with tagalong in hand.
                        The dude abides.

Comment

Working...
                        X