Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scuba diving in the dessert

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Scuba diving in the dessert

    Hi,

    I will be in early, Monday and thinking off trying out the waters at Lake Mead to do some scuba diving Tuesday.

    I found one charter company http://www.lakemeadscubacharters.com/ at Lake Mead, a minimum of 3 passengers required for each charter.

    I’m looking for at least two other divers to join me.
    Last edited by 1master; July 3, 2005, 13:35.
    Don’t Drink & Drive

  • #2
    You mean desert (sand) not dessert (ice cream) I suppose. 4th grade teacher told me that you want to have extra ice cream, so dessert has an extra s.

    Other than that I would love to go but I will not be in town that day.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by 1master
      I will be in early, Monday and thinking off trying out the waters at Lake Mead to do some scuba diving Tuesday.
      That is really cool! If I was going to be there Tuesday, I'd want to sign up.

      Originally posted by astcell
      You mean desert (sand) not dessert (ice cream) I suppose. 4th grade teacher told me that you want to have extra ice cream, so dessert has an extra s.
      My teacher said, "Dessert has two s's because it is twice as sweet as the desert," but then again, my teacher told me "the difference between principle and principal is at the school, the pricipal is your PAL." Teachers-- you can't trust 'em. ;-)

      Comment


      • #4
        Dessert is twice as sweet as the desert? The desert is NOT sweet (I have lived in it). So twice one s is still one s.

        How about Defcon spelling bee?

        Back on track, I have not been diving since I was stationed on Guam. Before that I was in Thailand. The diving these coutries have sure beats the pants off of anything I have seen in the USA. Just a few weeks ago I sold all my dive gear on Ebay, it fetched much more than I thought it could. I can go back to renting.

        Last year (TheCotMan will find the thread no doubt) we talked about diving in the pool, but that idea went away as soon as we realized the only thing we'd see are goons from the underside.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by astcell

          Back on track, I have not been diving since I was stationed on Guam. Before that I was in Thailand. The diving these coutries have sure beats the pants off of anything I have seen in the USA. Just a few weeks ago I sold all my dive gear on Ebay, it fetched much more than I thought it could. I can go back to renting.
          Diving in Guam... Hmmm... that sounds like fun, perhaps I will look for you at defcon, maybe with a beer I can make you talk and tell me some good stories.
          I have a blast on Guam... through I almost fall from a cliff, but still was fun.
          Love is a Mental Illness

          Comment


          • #6
            Guam was cool but Thailand rocked. I dove with the world's largest barracuda school, some tiger sharks, a wall dive, and others. I need to find my log book!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by astcell
              Guam was cool but Thailand rocked. I dove with the world's largest barracuda school, some tiger sharks, a wall dive, and others. I need to find my log book!
              Bring some pictures to Defcon, along with your logbook... any river diving? had you been in thousand islands NY... great place.
              Love is a Mental Illness

              Comment


              • #8
                Sorry, not many pictures to speak of. Back then I had $10,000 in dive gear and a $10 camera. (At least it's the other way around now)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by 1master
                  Hi,

                  I will be in early, Monday and thinking off trying out the waters at Lake Mead to do some scuba diving Tuesday.

                  I found one charter company http://www.lakemeadscubacharters.com/ at Lake Mead, a minimum of 3 passengers required for each charter.

                  I’m looking for at least two other divers to join me.
                  Dam I would had joined, but my dam diving card are expired... Do you really need card to dive in the desert?

                  Anyway I won't be there that early!

                  Fortunaly this year the wardrive does't go on 24/7 and we might find the time to get a beer and talk about that dive
                  /* NO COMMENT */

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by astcell
                    Guam was cool but Thailand rocked. I dove with the world's largest barracuda school, some tiger sharks, a wall dive, and others. I need to find my log book!
                    I used to live 90 miles north of Guam. Iwas only 11 when we left, so I wasnt certified, but I did go on a few dives around Saipan and it rocked. I didn't realize how much of a treat that was till I came back to the US and got certified and went to Florida...

                    If I was arriving earlier I would like to go :(

                    Psyiode

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Argh. you guys talking about this upcoming Monday (25 July)? Durn. I'm not due in till the night before the Con. : /... I'm Adv OW qual'd by PADI, but never have I dove a lake before. Been in the Caribbean and in the waters north of Aomori-ken (think it was at Tappizaki) when I was in Japan. I'm in VA now, and the diving kinda sucks in comparison...

                      Unfortunately, I'd have to still bring the weights I need (I'm more bouyant than I should be) according to the website, and that sucks up some weight on the flight over. Everything else is relatively light or is provided. Maybe I'll plan for something next year.

                      Great idea tho.

                      - Squidly1

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by 1master
                        Hi,

                        I will be in early, Monday and thinking off trying out the waters at Lake Mead to do some scuba diving Tuesday.

                        I found one charter company http://www.lakemeadscubacharters.com/ at Lake Mead, a minimum of 3 passengers required for each charter.

                        I’m looking for at least two other divers to join me.
                        i'm not in till tuesday... otherwise i'd love to do this....
                        the fresh prince of 1337

                        To learn how to hack; submit your request

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X