X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris
    replied
    Originally posted by highwizard
    Are there any specific groups that represent that true message of christianity in your mind?

Derailed and ruined your own fuckin' thread man. Jesus.

Leave a comment:

• highwizard
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by Second
    As far as the London attacks go, I too am grieved by what happened. But I would like to say that the people or groups of people mentioned in the article, I do not believe to be true Christians. They have a warped view on Christianity and I am saddened that they use the name in association with their actions. Just like the zealous "Muslims", please do not think that the religion(s) are about blowing things up and killing doctors and homosexuals.

Are there any specific groups that represent that true message of christianity in your mind?

Leave a comment:

• Second
    replied
    Exactly.. Next time someone wants to screaming about Islam they should read this:
    http://www.religioustolerance.org/hom_0027.htm

And if they're a Christian they should consider what if they were judged on what the "Army of God" did.
    As far as the London attacks go, I too am grieved by what happened. But I would like to say that the people or groups of people mentioned in the article, I do not believe to be true Christians. They have a warped view on Christianity and I am saddened that they use the name in association with their actions. Just like the zealous "Muslims", please do not think that the religion(s) are about blowing things up and killing doctors and homosexuals.

Leave a comment:

• hackajar
    replied
    Originally posted by Xodia
    All things aside, just keep your thoughts and prayers with the people involved in the attacks and their families.
    *shakes head into sense* Very good point Xodia. Thanks for the guidence

Leave a comment:

• renderman
    replied
    <RANT>
    The next few days/weeks should be interesting to see if the general populous relizes that all the security bullshit has'nt made them any safer.

Britan (London) is the most surveiled society on the planet. They have the largest number of CCTV cameras in the world and they did absolutely nothing to prevent this. Having the cameras in place only helps you figure out after the fact what happened. "Yup, we watched the guy walk into the train/bus and then blow himself up". Cameras don't physically do squat to stop someone, people need to figure that out.

Obviously some person(s) were able to evade authorities and stay under the radar enough to plan and impilment thier plan. How many bazillion pounds have been spent in 'security measures' and things like this still happen.

One can only hope that the sheeple wake up and realize that thier leaders have not made them any safer and that all these assinine security measures did'nt help. Murders happen in prisons, there's no way to be completely safe.

I feel immensly sorry for the arabic (Read: non-white) population of Britan right now and all the bullshit kneejerk racism thier going to have to endure in the coming days, even if those responsible were home grown.

As we all know, bad security is worse than no security
    </RANT>

Leave a comment:

• Xodia
    replied
    All things aside, just keep your thoughts and prayers with the people involved in the attacks and their families.

Leave a comment:

• hackajar
    replied
    In looking at Islam in France and their "]Problem" that they are dealing with, then the recent Olympic Loss this was seen in my mind as a "stop gloating" tactic. Sick yes, but look what you have to work with, especially with Al Q. taking public responsibility.

Leave a comment:

• rjsquirrel
    replied
    Then you make me very sad.
    I did hear a discussion on NPR this morning where they considered this as a response to the Olympics decision (but without the Paris Islam tie-in). The concensus was that this attack was far too well coordinated and organized to be put together in the 24 hours since the Olympics site was announced. They felt that this was far more liely connected to the G8 conference.

Leave a comment:

• Twigman
    replied
    Please remember that as of posting the MET havent confirmed who is responsible for the attacks. It is not necessarily religious extremists at this point. (Well thats the official word).
    5 separate groups have admitted responsibility so far.

Basically this attack has not been on the scale of human tragedy as 11th Sept, or Madrid bombing, but the aim appears to have been to cause maximum disruption.
    I don't know how many people know London, but all zone 1 buses were stopped completely. The underground network was completely closed off.
    Lots of mainline trains were stopped outside London.
    Other large stations around the country have been closed.
    The mobile network was set at reduced capacity...
    etc etc...

Leave a comment:

• highwizard
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by hackajar
    Yeah but I wasn't joking.

Then you make me very sad.

Leave a comment:

• hackajar
    replied
    Stupid joke.
    Yeah but I wasn't joking.

Leave a comment:

• highwizard
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by hackajar

/off beat coralation? or potential nugget of truth?

Stupid joke.

Leave a comment:

• hackajar
    replied
    Maybe the Arabic population (every so increasing) in France was bent by fact that London won 2012 Olympic's and not Paris.

/off beat coralation? or potential nugget of truth?

Leave a comment:

• highwizard
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by Freedom Matrix
    (Heh, I should know, being a Christian:)

Muslim tèrrorists aren't the only ones who do e stuff.

The ing of abortion clinics is just one thing that Christian zealots do....

It's not just one religion that has its downfalls...

As for the original topic: I think it's really sad that these attacks continue... yet no one can seem to figure out the appropriate action to take.

Exactly.. Next time someone wants to screaming about Islam they should read this:
    http://www.religioustolerance.org/hom_0027.htm

And if they're a Christian they should consider what if they were judged on what the "Army of God" did.

Leave a comment:

• Freedom Matrix
    replied
    (Heh, I should know, being a Christian:)

Muslim tèrrorists aren't the only ones who do e stuff.

The ing of abortion clinics is just one thing that Christian zealots do....

It's not just one religion that has its downfalls...

As for the original topic: I think it's really sad that these attacks continue... yet no one can seem to figure out the appropriate action to take.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X