Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deviant Ollam
    replied
    the order has been placed. meat is due to arrive at Siviak's pad on Wednesday the 27th... and as long as i keep it in a cool spot that night, things should work out just fine the next day. man, our room at the AP is going to have a whole wall just lined with coolers and ice.

instead of fussing about with paypal, we might as well just do a cash collection on-site. the total came out at $99.70 (if they try to deny us the free buffalo meat because the order is "under $100" i'll be shocked) and the shipping was an ass-kicker... it was 50% of the total, basically, shaking out to $48.

if we call the total $150, if we split that between 10 or 15 people it won't be bad at all. i figure we'll cut some of the burgers in half (both to economize and to allow people a chance of tasting as many meats as possible without their bellies exploding.)

Leave a comment:

• hackajar
    replied
    $20 bux....Yeah OK, PM me PayPal details, I'll get in on this :surprised

Leave a comment:

• theIG
    replied
    personally, my eyebrows are raised at the prospect of Elk and Rattlesnake. any other takers? here's a potential order...

meat ............... cost ... qty ...... total
    ----------------------------------------------
    yak burgers ........ $9.00 ... 2 ...... $18.00
    caribou burgers ... $13.00 ... 1 ...... $13.00
    elk burgers ........ $9.00 ... 1 ....... $9.00
    gator sirloin cut . $12.00 ... 1 ...... $12.00
    whole rattlesnake . $68.00 ... 1 ...... $68.00
    ----------------------------------------------
    total ................................ $120.00

(then there's the free pound of buffalo meat)
    I would gladly through down some money for something like that. I've never tried any of it, but I would love to.

Leave a comment:

• Gadsden
    replied
    Put me down for some spotted owl or snow lepard. Can any of the CA folks bring some condor?

Leave a comment:

• Siviak
    replied
    it all sounds good... I think I can throw down a bit of money when you get here if you end up grabbing an order

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    Gives "hot dog" a whole new meaning.

Leave a comment:

• Abby_Normal
    replied
    Originally posted by pr0zac0x2a
    If I were able to make it this year I would be all over this. Who wouldn't want to ingest as many rare animals as possible?
    Sounds cool, can we get some panda?

Leave a comment:

• guile
    replied
    Originally posted by [Syntax]
    Last I talked to Guile about the TBBQ, he was planning on getting some venison out there. I'll have to ask him and see what he says.. Venison is very common here where Im at, I frequent the Texas Hillcountry, assuming I could figure out some way to get the meat from here to Vegas without it going bad, and still being cost effective.. I'll have to work on that..

I'm checking the deep freezer tonight to see what I have left. I'm sure I have some ground venison and venison steaks. I was hoping to shoot a boar this year but didn't get down to the deer lease because of work. I'll post what I have left. I might have some catfish fillets left as well if anyone is interested in some fish.

Leave a comment:

• KeLviN
    replied
    It has been verified that eXtacy wil be bringing her fluffy little dog to the bbq.... i think there's an "if you can catch it, you can eat it" rule.....

Leave a comment:

• skroo
    replied
    Originally posted by Deviant Ollam
    personally, my eyebrows are raised at the prospect of Elk and Rattlesnake.
    Rattlesnake's not too bad. I haven't had it in years, but from what I remember the old cliche of 'tastes like chicken' is pretty apt. It's also fairly easy to prepare - gut the snake more or less like you would a fish, peel off the skin, skewer and cook in campfire.

Damn straight it's bloody expensive there, though. We've got zillions of the little bastards slithering around here; I wonder if that's for ones without tire tracks on the meat.

Leave a comment:

• hackajar
    replied
    Originally posted by [Syntax]
    Hmm. did Hackajar just suggest cannibalism of foreigners?
    Very possibly maybe

Leave a comment:

• Deviant Ollam
    replied
    show of hands... who would be willing to throw money my direction (via paypal or whatnot) if we place an order? let's say that we do an order as described above, trying to stay close to the $100 mark. if we made the contribution amount around $20 that would take merely six people (myself included) to cover the whole order and (i'd imagine) the shipping. do we have five people other than myself who could put up some bucks?

Leave a comment:

• [Syntax]
    replied
    Hmm. did Hackajar just suggest cannibalism of foreigners?

Leave a comment:

• hackajar
    replied
    Oh darn. At first glance I thought this was a call for an "Exotic Meet'. Um, let me know when that thread gets started.

Leave a comment:

• John D
    replied
    Originally posted by noid
    One of the joys of being local to Seattle is that I can actually go to their store (and do so regularly). Earlier this year I cooked up some Kangroo burgers with Buffalo sausage. They also sell aligator and turtle, which rules because I grew up on aligator and Evil grew up eating turtle. If I was driving to Defcon I'd bring some goodies down with me, but I am not.

Even better is when you smoked/grilled that wild pork I brought over (got more you know...).

-JohnD

Leave a comment:

Working...
X