Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TBBQ (may be a little late in the game...) aka, watcha bringing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Deviant Ollam
    Semi-Professional Swearer

• Deviant Ollam
    replied
    well, i know that i'll be placing an order with the exotic meat shop being discussed in this thread. much as the rattlesnake entices me, its high cost and the assertions from most people that the "tastes like chicken" addage applies makes me think money can be better spent. count on yak, caribou, elk, buffalo, and alligator making an appearance.

what do we think the turnout will be? i'm pretty sure there'll be enough people there who are interested in the above animals for me to recover some of the expense. and if not... my donation to the goons back at the AP will be sure to raise a few eyebrows, methinks. (actually, any goons interested in the above should please let me know if you want something saved for you, cooked or raw, and we'll definitely make arrangements.)

Leave a comment:

• Voltage Spike
    Ce n'est pas un personne

• Voltage Spike
    replied
    Originally posted by Abby_Normal
    How many plant-murdering freaks do we have?
    I eat only vegetables. It's okay with me if another animal has taken the effort of eating and digesting them first, but I prefer to go directly the source.

Leave a comment:

• Abby_Normal
    Aristocrat

• Abby_Normal
    replied
    Originally posted by octalpus
    I think they tried to keep a veggie grill last year, but I don't recall. I know it was discussed, but I couldn't say what came of it. Are you volunteering to bring one?
    If I could find a cheap one that I can throw out afterwards I might. Is there really enough interest? How many plant-murdering freaks do we have?

Leave a comment:

• octalpus
    Official Forum Bitch

• octalpus
    replied
    Originally posted by Abby_Normal
    I don't know if I'll make it, but if I do I was thinking corn.

Are we bringing our own grills? The boyfriend isn't a carnivore, and won't use the same grill meat has been cooked on. He's not a pain in the ass about it, and doesn't expect anyone to cater to him. But I'd hate to see him go hungry.

Works out pretty good, more meat for me!
    I think they tried to keep a veggie grill last year, but I don't recall. I know it was discussed, but I couldn't say what came of it. Are you volunteering to bring one?

Leave a comment:

• Abby_Normal
    Aristocrat

• Abby_Normal
    replied
    I don't know if I'll make it, but if I do I was thinking corn.

Are we bringing our own grills? The boyfriend isn't a carnivore, and won't use the same grill meat has been cooked on. He's not a pain in the ass about it, and doesn't expect anyone to cater to him. But I'd hate to see him go hungry.

Works out pretty good, more meat for me!

Leave a comment:

• hackajar
    Contest Goon / Vegas 2.0

• hackajar
    replied
    My patented Beer Burgers Should do the trick :)

Leave a comment:

• ck3k
    thoughtcriminal

• ck3k
    replied
    I will grab some meat from a local butcher, is there anything that everyone MUST have?

Leave a comment:

• octalpus
    Official Forum Bitch

• octalpus
    replied
    I'll probably contribute chicken again as I'm not terribly fond of large quantities of cow. Also, I'm going to be sure to bring some fruit and veggies, probably summer squash, zucchini, things that are easy to cut and grill. I dunno if there was an overall shortage of veggies last year, but there definitely wasn't much that came back to those of us stuck behind waiting on the courier.

Leave a comment:

• Siviak
    Cerebral Terrorist

• TBBQ (may be a little late in the game...) aka, watcha bringing?

as stated this may be a little late in the game but I was wondering whet every was planning on bringing.

Last year we had L0nd0 and Renderman both talking up thier respective "Special Sauces", Kaddydid tempting everyone with tales of her grilled asparagus, and still more people talking up thier own favorite/best dishes.

Just figured I would see what the people had to offer, I will be doing (time permitting) some Siv's London Broil.
Working...
X