Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many internet forums members are necessary to change an electric light bulb?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How many internet forums members are necessary to change an electric light bulb?

    ..........1157


    1 to change the light bulb and write about it...

    14 to say that they also changed a light bulb one day and to evoke the various manners...

    7 to warn of dangers inherent to changing a light bulb...

    27 to indicate the spelling mistakes in messages concerning the change of an electric light bulb...

    53 to abuse the correcters of spelling mistakes...

    41 to correct those who abuse the correcters of spelling mistakes...

    12 to discuss whether it is necessary to say ' electric light bulb ' or 'lamp'.

    2 professionals of the industry to say that the correct term is 'incadescent light bulb'...

    15 know-it-all who pretend to have been in the industry and who will advise that to say ' electric light bulb ' is perfectly correct...

    109 to indicate that this forum does not concern electric light bulbs and to ask people to discuss that on the "electric light bulbs " forum...

    111 to defend the subject since everybody uses electric light bulbs thus the aforementioned subject has its place here...

    306 to discuss the best technique to change a light bulb, where to buy the best electric light bulbs, which brand is the best adapted to this technique and which to avoid...

    27 to post urls where we can discover the various electric light bulbs...

    40 to say that they do not trust in an electric light bulb and to give links to pseudo-scientific web sites which claim to know healthier, less enviromentally damagging alternative solutions to produce some light...

    6 to indicate that the right to light is not in the constitution..

    6 to paste passages from the constitution and to interpret them for us so that we can all understand that there is in fact such a thing as "the right to light"...

    1 army retiree who used to be in a special elite group changing light bulbs very efficiently..

    12 more to agree that they don't make lght bulbs as they used to be..

    1 to post a photo of an electric light bulb and one of a something which only looks like an electric light bulb but which is in fact not one...

    14 to indicate that the posted urls contains errors and to post the correct ones...

    1 to say that he replaced his light bulbs with fluorescent lamps and that, he rarely has to change them...

    12 to say that they are endinig their membership to the forum because they understand nothing in the debate concerning the electric light bulbs and that they have better things to do with their lives...

    4 to say that a FAQ section concerning the electric light bulbs is needed...

    44 to ask WTF is a "FAQ"?...

    13 to say that in any normal house, there should be candles somewhere, in case the light bulbs konk out...

    5 to say that they do not use electric light bulbs, only candles...

    4 to ask " didn't we cover light bulbs last month?"...

    143 to ask people to do a search about the electric light bulbs with Google before launching a discussion concerning the electric light bulbs..

    1 jackass to reply to the first message 6 months later and relaunch the whole freakin' ordeal!
    the fresh princess of 1338

    What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

  • #2
    Originally posted by octalpus
    1 to change the light bulb and write about it...
    Oh, hey. I picked up a tip on how to remove a lightbulb that has exploded/imploded/been shot/whatever. After you turn the switch off, you can take a potato and jam it into the shards of broken glass and then rotate the potato to unscrew the remains of the broken bulb.

    Not my own idea, but great for avoiding cuts. I used it, and it required a little force to get it to stick well enough to rotate the bulb out of the socket.

    Heh-heh. OK! I started the ball rolling! Who is next?

    /me ducks and runs for cover.
    Last edited by TheCotMan; July 26, 2005, 18:24.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by TheCotMan
      Oh, hey. I picked up a tip on how to remove a lightbulb that has exploded/imploded/been shot/whatever.
      Another good tip, don't use a damp cloth to remove a hot bulb (unless, of course, you want to use TheCotMan's tip).

      Originally posted by TheCotMan
      After you turn the switch off, you can take a potato and jam it into the shards of broken glass and then rotate the potato to unscrew the remains of the broken bulb.
      I use compact fluorescent lamps. Will this technique still work? Are there any extras in the field with experience in the smashed-ballast removal?

      me too

      Hey guys, I'm new here. How come you all are talking about lamps?

      The potato technique is silly. Real homeowners use xyz.

      What's a google?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by TheCotMan
        Oh, hey. I picked up a tip on how to remove a lightbulb that has exploded/imploded/been shot/whatever. After you turn the switch off, you can take a potato and jam it into the shards of broken glass and then rotate the potato to unscrew the remains of the broken bulb.

        Not my own idea, but great for avoiding cuts. I used it, and it required a little force to get it to stick well enough to rotate the bulb out of the socket.

        Heh-heh. OK! I started the ball rolling! Who is next?

        /me ducks and runs for cover.
        I prefer apples for this... they don't require quite as much force... but the juice can get a bit sticky if you don't clean it well
        If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

        Comment


        • #5
          Octalpus, I like your math, but you know...I did some thinking, and I am wondering.

          Did you factor in the repeat posters who cover the same ground umpteen times?

          Perhaps the fact that some posters fall into multiple groups, and that, indeed, there might be only 500 or so members of the forum you are speaking of?
          -Ridirich

          "When you're called upon to do anything, and you're not ready to do it, then you've failed."

          Commander W.H. Hamilton

          Comment


          • #6
            Lol, that's a really nerdy joke. Mabey somone else enjoyed it but I didn't. Not to like flame you or anything i'm just giving my opinion.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by kannon
              Lol, that's a really nerdy joke. Mabey somone else enjoyed it but I didn't. Not to like flame you or anything i'm just giving my opinion.

              So do you always laugh out loud at things you don't enjoy?

              I loved it!
              "so many books, so little time"

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by ch0l0man
                So do you always laugh out loud at things you don't enjoy?

                I loved it!
                What? I don't understand what you mean but ok.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Just remember there are less fortunate people out there, who don't have the means to purchase a light bulb, and therefore can't experience firsthand what it is to change a light bulb.

                  So please visit the www.lightbulb-8.org website, and donate any used lightbulbs you might have laying around, so we at the non-profit lightbulb-8 organisation can provide the light bulb changing experience to those unfortunate people, thereby insuring a higher quality of life in the underdeveloped countries of the world.

                  Thank you for donating.

                  Sir Bulb Geldorf.



                  Dutch
                  All your answers are belong to Google. Search dammit!!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by octalpus
                    ..........1157


                    1 to change the light bulb and write about it...

                    14 to say that they also changed a light bulb one day and to evoke the various manners...

                    7 to warn of dangers inherent to changing a light bulb...

                    27 to indicate the spelling mistakes in messages concerning the change of an electric light bulb...

                    53 to abuse the correcters of spelling mistakes...

                    41 to correct those who abuse the correcters of spelling mistakes...

                    12 to discuss whether it is necessary to say ' electric light bulb ' or 'lamp'.

                    2 professionals of the industry to say that the correct term is 'incadescent light bulb'...

                    15 know-it-all who pretend to have been in the industry and who will advise that to say ' electric light bulb ' is perfectly correct...

                    109 to indicate that this forum does not concern electric light bulbs and to ask people to discuss that on the "electric light bulbs " forum...

                    111 to defend the subject since everybody uses electric light bulbs thus the aforementioned subject has its place here...

                    306 to discuss the best technique to change a light bulb, where to buy the best electric light bulbs, which brand is the best adapted to this technique and which to avoid...

                    27 to post urls where we can discover the various electric light bulbs...

                    40 to say that they do not trust in an electric light bulb and to give links to pseudo-scientific web sites which claim to know healthier, less enviromentally damagging alternative solutions to produce some light...

                    6 to indicate that the right to light is not in the constitution..

                    6 to paste passages from the constitution and to interpret them for us so that we can all understand that there is in fact such a thing as "the right to light"...

                    1 army retiree who used to be in a special elite group changing light bulbs very efficiently..

                    12 more to agree that they don't make lght bulbs as they used to be..

                    1 to post a photo of an electric light bulb and one of a something which only looks like an electric light bulb but which is in fact not one...

                    14 to indicate that the posted urls contains errors and to post the correct ones...

                    1 to say that he replaced his light bulbs with fluorescent lamps and that, he rarely has to change them...

                    12 to say that they are endinig their membership to the forum because they understand nothing in the debate concerning the electric light bulbs and that they have better things to do with their lives...

                    4 to say that a FAQ section concerning the electric light bulbs is needed...

                    44 to ask WTF is a "FAQ"?...

                    13 to say that in any normal house, there should be candles somewhere, in case the light bulbs konk out...

                    5 to say that they do not use electric light bulbs, only candles...

                    4 to ask " didn't we cover light bulbs last month?"...

                    143 to ask people to do a search about the electric light bulbs with Google before launching a discussion concerning the electric light bulbs..

                    1 jackass to reply to the first message 6 months later and relaunch the whole freakin' ordeal!

                    1 to the correct the math of the original joke:

                    1 + 143 + 4 + 5 + 13 + 44 + 4 + 12 + 1 + 14 + 1 + 12 + 1 + 6 + 6 + 40 + 27 + 306 + 111 + 109 + 15 + 2 + 12 + 41 + 53 + 27 + 7 + 14 + 1 = 1032
                    (numbers done in reverse order)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by kannon
                      What? I don't understand what you mean but ok.
                      Really?

                      Originally posted by kannon
                      ----->Lol<-------, [chop] Mabey somone else enjoyed it but I didn't.
                      "lol" then ""I did not enjoy it" and then a comment about your comment, and you don't get it?

                      Originally posted by highwizard
                      1 to the correct the math of the original joke:

                      1 + 143 + 4 + 5 + 13 + 44 + 4 + 12 + 1 + 14 + 1 + 12 + 1 + 6 + 6 + 40 + 27 + 306 + 111 + 109 + 15 + 2 + 12 + 41 + 53 + 27 + 7 + 14 + 1 = 1032
                      (numbers done in reverse order)
                      1 to ask about the math correction:

                      Did you add your "1" from "1 to the correct the math of the original joke:" to the list and total?

                      O:-)

                      Would this 1 be added too?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by kannon
                        Lol, that's a really nerdy joke. Mabey somone else enjoyed it but I didn't. Not to like flame you or anything i'm just giving my opinion.
                        Yea..you definately spelled "someone" and "maybe" wrong, and you didn't capitalize I'm....
                        I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight.
                        Where's the dedication?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          TheCotMan: Thanks for clearing that up for me. :)
                          "so many books, so little time"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by ch0l0man
                            TheCotMan: Thanks for clearing that up for me. :)
                            Though I think I did clear it up for the very small number of regulars that did not get it, I am not certain that the user posting really gets it yet.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              While this is not entirely on subject, it is regarding the forums so I thought I'd ask here. Was anyone else recieving a proxy error and could not connect to the forums? I was getting one for a few hours, but obviously now it has been fixed.

                              :)
                              Answering easy questions since 1987
                              Si Dieu est pour moi, qui peut ĂȘtre contre moi?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X