Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Music by the pool Fri nite 2am-4am question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Siviak
    replied
    you could also try detroit industrial underground a site ran by an old DefConer... good music stream

Leave a comment:

• skroo
    replied
    Originally posted by mk3cn4
    In the meantime, if anyone else has suggestions of other CD's that are similar to the stuff I was hearing (like the box sets mentioned earlier), feel free to chime in.
    Not so much CDs as band suggestions (running this off the top of my head - I'm sure others can flesh it out a bit better):

Alien Sex Fiend, Apoptygma Berzerk, Assemblage 23, And One, Bad Sector, Cabaret Voltaire, Cassandra Complex, Coil, Decoded Feedback, Die Krupps, Front 242, Front Line Assembly, Flesh Field, Funker Vogt, Girls Under Glass, Haujobb, Hoicico, Katscan, KMFDM, Kompressor, Laeather Strip, Lights of Euphoria, Lost Signal, MDFMK, Ministry, My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult, Pain Station, Project Pitchfork, Suicide Commando, and Zeromancer.

That list is just what I can remember from the CDs I've got out in the car at the moment. Also check out http://www.industrialmusic.com/ as kind of a springboard for more names, or just do a generic Google search on industrial music. Note that not all of the bands up there fall into everyone's definition of industrial, so YMMV.

Leave a comment:

• mk3cn4
    replied
    Thanks

Thanks for the info guys!!!

I will try to reach him.

In the meantime, if anyone else has suggestions of other CD's that are similar to the stuff I was hearing (like the box sets mentioned earlier), feel free to chime in.

Loiter.

-mk3cn4

Leave a comment:

• eris
    replied
    Shatter did a turn on Pool 2 tables as well DJ Jackalopies! :)

I was at CMoss's set too, and while it completely roked my sox, it was NOT Goth/Industrial tracks.

If there were tables set up, Shatter was on em at some point, he was a tablewhore this year, yay!!!!!

It isn't hard to get a hold of Shatter and find out for sure, mk3cn4. PM him on these boards, jump into #DC-Stuff, or even #shatter and just ask him. Even if it wasn't him he will gladly talk music with ya.

Leave a comment:

• DJ Jackalope
    replied
    that would be pool 2 friday night ->

I think shatter was playing the Pirate party at pool 3 tho...

there were turntables at pool 2....

I dont know when Cmos started that night, I came by around 3amish and we tagged breaks for a bit then he let me finish out the night with techno til about 4:30am...

I don't quite picture Cmos playing what you were hearing though.

Leave a comment:

• noid
    replied
    Ya, that would definately be Shatter. He's only been DJing for a short time, but has developed what DJs would call 'mad skillz'. If you live in the Bay Area you can catch him at Die Maschine, Death Guild, Bondage-a-gogo, and a few other venues.

Leave a comment:

• eris
    replied
    Could try asking Shatter too.....I think that was his playlist.

Leave a comment:

• Siviak
    replied
    try the CD boxed sets;
    Industrial Mix Machine (3-CD set), and
    Industrail Maddness (4-CD set)

I think you will find a lot of what you are looking for there

Leave a comment:

• mk3cn4
    started a topic Music by the pool Fri nite 2am-4am question...

Music by the pool Fri nite 2am-4am question...

Was out by the Alexis Park pool near the 2100 rooms Fri nite about 2am, there was a cool DJ there playing a gothic/industry type playlist, can someone tip me off on some of the names of the CD's they were playing? Seems the industry/goth I keep finding has too much speedmetal influence, and he had a whole playlist of awesome songs. One song was a version of Paint it Black if that helps.. thoinx.
Working...
X