X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheCotMan
    replied
    For legal reasons, we are not allowed to have links from here to the slides.

If you want to discuss issues about this case and submit stories/reports about the presentation and fallout, check This New Thread

Thanks!
    Last edited by TheCotMan; August 3, 2005, 23:14.

Leave a comment:

• eiht
    replied
    Originally posted by Deanalator
    Jesus christ, did anyone attending blackhat manage to get the materials for Michael Lynns talk on cisco router vulnerabilities?

PDF'd presentation available on the Tor network
    [link removed by thecotman]

[TheCotMan Writes:]
    I dislike censorship, but due to legal issues, we can't have links to the presentation slides from the forums/defcon website.

Leave a comment:

• B1shop
    replied
    So we can't link to it....

But am i allowed to say where it might be found, especially as a presenter whom I shall not name said so at Defcon?

If I were to say that a good place to look for clues was a CRYPTOgraphy site that made ME happy?
    ACBRNYFPGTFOFMSE...what if I wrote it in code where you look at every second letter?

Leave a comment:

• jur1st
    replied
    Video Clips

Here's a link to a video clip of some Cisco employees tearing pages out of the Blackhat manuals. I found it rather amusing,

http://downloads.oreilly.com/make/cisco.mov

Leave a comment:

• echoplex
    replied
    Originally posted by octalpus
    Feel free to post articles and other supporting evidence, but if anyone wants the materials, they're gonna have to google. It's not hard to find.
    http://www.wired.com/news/politics/0...w=wn_tophead_3

Leave a comment:

• octalpus
    replied
    Originally posted by usisucks
    Copy of his presentation here -

Copy of the nine page fax from IOS's lawyers for cease and desist - www.usisucks.com/lynn-lawyers.pdf

I will keep the file up as long as I can.

As mentioned by other mods earlier in the thread, we cannot be linking to that presentation. Feel free to post articles and other supporting evidence, but if anyone wants the materials, they're gonna have to google. It's not hard to find.

Leave a comment:

• usisucks
    replied
    Copy of his presentation here -

Copy of the nine page fax from IOS's lawyers for cease and desist - www.usisucks.com/lynn-lawyers.pdf

I will keep the file up as long as I can.
    Last edited by octalpus; August 3, 2005, 04:29.

Leave a comment:

• converge
    replied
    This article was very entertaining. It cleared up a few misconceptions that I had generated from other media source.

Leave a comment:

• stringslayer
    replied
    I am still researching to find out all of the info before I can form a legitimate opinion, but here is another good article to add to the list.

Leave a comment:

• pr0zac0x2a
    replied
    Originally posted by TheCotMan
    My google-fu worked.

There are not many mods active ATM, and we do not have any official capacity to state what will be done and we have no word on what should be done.

However, to be safe, please do not post links* to the PDF file that has been served out there from at least one news article about Cisco ISS and "michael lynn". To link to such an article might put us in an difficult place. :-/ Even a link to a search might be bad.

Thanks,

* Unless there is official word on it being OK handed down from the powers that be.

Side notes to the above:
    I do not like Censorship, but what is worse? Loss of forums if Cisco required them to be down for evidence because of the reported restraining order, or future court case, or censorship of links to this one pdf?

These are rhetorical questions.... And I do not need any rhetorical answers. ;-)

Understandable, no reason to unnecessarily get in the middle of someone else's battle. You are right however, 15 more minutes of looking and its now downloading. Anyone who really wants it can get it. Interested to see if this information is as volatile as Cisco is implying.

-zac

Leave a comment:

• TheCotMan
    replied
    Originally posted by pr0zac0x2a
    I've been unable to find it, alas my google-foo is lacking. Must ask though. By the above quote are you implying you guys (the mods/admins) would delete/edit any links to the information or just that it will be a while before it shows up in public circulation?
    -zac
    My google-fu worked.

There are not many mods active ATM, and we do not have any official capacity to state what will be done and we have no word on what should be done.

However, to be safe, please do not post links* to the PDF file that has been served out there from at least one news article about Cisco ISS and "michael lynn". To link to such an article might put us in an difficult place. :-/ Even a link to a search might be bad.

Thanks,

* Unless there is official word on it being OK handed down from the powers that be.

Side notes to the above:
    I do not like Censorship, but what is worse? Loss of forums if Cisco required them to be down for evidence because of the reported restraining order, or future court case, or censorship of links to this one pdf?

These are rhetorical questions.... And I do not need any rhetorical answers. ;-)

Leave a comment:

• pr0zac0x2a
    replied
    Originally posted by TheCotMan
    Yes, it appears to be out there, but don't expect to see it served here any time soon.
    I've been unable to find it, alas my google-foo is lacking. Must ask though. By the above quote are you implying you guys (the mods/admins) would delete/edit any links to the information or just that it will be a while before it shows up in public circulation?
    -zac

Leave a comment:

• TheCotMan
    replied
    Originally posted by zadok0552
    It's all over the net.
    Defcon should have a copy, then.
    It may be out there, but some of the organizers of DefCon also organize and work with BH, and after reading the following, you can probably not expect official BlackHat or DefCon sites to offer this document.

Yes, it appears to be out there, but don't expect to see it served here any time soon.

Leave a comment:

• Second
    replied
    Originally posted by zadok0552
    It's all over the net.

When your title says "Here's" (Here is), one would think that you are presenting it, but you didn't. (ex. "Here's the remote, I found it") If you know of a place that has it, why not share it with everyone instead of just stating its existence.

Leave a comment:

• zadok0552
    replied
    Here's the Lynn presentation -- ALLEGEDLY

It's all over the net.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X