S. Korean man dies after 50 hours of computer games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S. Korean man dies after 50 hours of computer games

SEOUL (Reuters) - A South Korean man who played computer games for 50 hours almost non-stop died of heart failure minutes after finishing his mammoth session in an Internet cafe, authorities said Tuesday.

Link
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

I seem to remeber someone in china dieing after 46 hours of some mmo.
    But as for me, 36 hours and im not dead

Comment

I dont know if I buy he died due to exhaustion, I wonder how long those naps were. I know plenty people who play obscene number of hours at a time. I've even done it a long time ago. You vision gets thrown out of whack. Hell I've gone 40+ hours straight programming before. I dont see how 2 days could impact anyone that largely especially with naps.

Unless he was a nuts and really thought he was in the game.. maybe he died from stress.

Comment

^^^Wimp^^^
        Only 12 hours killed him.

And I do remember reading that someone died after playing Diablo2 for (40+ hours?) <-- not sure on that one. Sorry long time ago, and I can't find a link.
        Jim

Nothing to do, execpt hold on to nothing!!!

Comment

When I saw this thread, I thought it was a year-late repost of the Diablo 2 guy who went some 50+ hours without sleep. Stupid gamers.
          if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

i hate serious gamerz .. i never played more than 5 hours straight

also i left gaming for over 3 years because it kills the time we have to achieve..
            money,etc

Comment

There seem to be a lot of these kinds of cases. A few months ago I heard (probably a lie...) that some kid died after around 80 hours of gaming. I doubted it at first, but reading all of these articles, it seems plausible.
              Biggest Brother's watching Bigger Brother watching Big Brother watch you.

Comment

Originally posted by Asbestos
                There seem to be a lot of these kinds of cases. A few months ago I heard (probably a lie...) that some kid died after around 80 hours of gaming. I doubted it at first, but reading all of these articles, it seems plausible.
                There was a thing on TV about LucasArts was being sued for a video game causing a child to have a seizure. Links will be provided with an edit when I find it.

It was not this old story from google's cache.

Ah! here we go. This site has "top" post as this recent story on CJ.
                Last edited by TheCotMan; August 16, 2005, 16:51.

Comment

Two words for that assclown... "Darwin Award".
                  Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by eliminator
                    i hate serious gamerz .. i never played more than 5 hours straight

also i left gaming for over 3 years because it kills the time we have to achieve..
                    money,etc
                    Would you consider a lanner a serious gamer? My friends and I will have LAN parties about once a month or so, and they will last from around 4pm the first day til about 12pm the second day. Some get about 6 hours of sleep, some don't get any, and the rest of the time is 80% gaming and 20% movies.

Don't hate me.
                    - Programmer -

Comment

Originally posted by d3ad1ysp0rk
                      Would you consider a lanner a serious gamer? My friends and I will have LAN parties about once a month or so, and they will last from around 4pm the first day til about 12pm the second day. Some get about 6 hours of sleep, some don't get any, and the rest of the time is 80% gaming and 20% movies.

Don't hate me.

Yea, it counts. I know cuz im right there with you

Comment

haha,

Last week i had a LAN party, with 12 computers i know you would think that would launch the electricity bill but we had a plan, We stool our neighbours electricity We played for a full 20 hours and then sleeped for like 4 hours some didn't even sleep but just watched some film, then played for 30 hours. I LOVE LAN PARTIES :D especially when parents are out, i have the big house for myself and my fellow nerds

Comment

Originally posted by theprez98
                          SEOUL (Reuters) - A South Korean man who played computer games for 50 hours almost non-stop died of heart failure minutes after finishing his mammoth session in an Internet cafe, authorities said Tuesday.

Link

Did he at least get a high score?

Comment

Ok, i'm going to report you to the fbi now.

Originally posted by Aztech
                            haha,

Last week i had a LAN party, with 12 computers i know you would think that would launch the electricity bill but we had a plan, We stool our neighbours electricity We played for a full 20 hours and then sleeped for like 4 hours some didn't even sleep but just watched some film, then played for 30 hours. I LOVE LAN PARTIES :D especially when parents are out, i have the big house for myself and my fellow nerds

Comment

You just admitted on a public forum that you stole from your neighbor.

Retard.

Originally posted by Aztech
                              haha,

--- The fuck? Have you ever BEEN to Defcon?

Comment

Working...
                              X