Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noid
    replied
    I've been a big fan of Hells Angels, Curse of Lono, and Songs of the Doomed. I highly recommending getting Songs of the Doomed in book-on-tape form. The person reading the book is actually sitting next to Thompson, so theres some great background stuff going on. Like one point he stops reading and asks HST a question, you can hear the ice clinking around in his drink while he mumbles in that rambling way only HST can. HST then stops, says 'hang on a sec' and fires a few rounds down the hallway, then goes back to talking.

Awesome stuff, you not only get the full impact of his work but a good look into HST himself.

Leave a comment:

• skroo
    replied
    Originally posted by jur1st
    Though HST's most famous work was Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, some of his best work happened in other places. One of my favorites has always been Hell's Angels.
    Good book. The Great Shark Hunt's got some great stuff in it too, but a lot of the campaign trail stuff is a bit dated by now. Generation of Swine's another one to grab.

Leave a comment:

• jur1st
    replied
    Though HST's most famous work was Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, some of his best work happened in other places. One of my favorites has always been Hell's Angels.

"Better to be shot from a cannon than squeezed through a tube of toothpaste." -HST

Leave a comment:

• alklloyd
    replied
    Don't believe in god...but vaya con dios.

Al

Leave a comment:

• Xodia
    replied
    Its good to see his wishes being carried out. I remember watching the BBC documentary on the Fear and Loathing DVD and thinking, "I wonder if they will actually launch his ashes out of a huge fist when he dies. That would cost alot of money."

I'm glad to see Johnny Depp put up the money for it.

Leave a comment:

• Mata Hari
    started a topic Adios Gonzo

Adios Gonzo

Alright, I don't know about you, but this is an amazing way to say goodbye to a phenomenal journalist- Fear and Loathing - Ashes from a cannon. Good for Thompson.... I know, I know, this is a defcon forum, but in my defense, we did shopw Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas for the Movie Con...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4168266.stm

-Patty

PS- If you havent read my article yet, here it is on DefCon... I would appreciate any feedback that you can give me, be it refreshing or absolutely rotten.... http://www.lasvegasweekly.com/2005/08/04/awsi3.html

PPS- Still working on my Thank you's, etc... but be assured that The Goon Hospitality Committee is at the forefront- I dont know what I would have done without you guys... Really, you went above and beyond...

PPPS- Mea culpa for all the Postscripts, hahahahaha.....
Working...
X