Def Con 14 Location Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheCotMan
    Thanks man. I'll still get astcell a beer, but since you are first with the batch of recon posts, you are on my list of people owed beer.
    You still OWE me the beer from last year!

I like the hotel look. SIVIAK! Apply to be a security guard at the hotel so we have a man on the inside!

Comment

• Originally posted by astcell
      You still OWE me the beer from last year!

I like the hotel look. SIVIAK! Apply to be a security guard at the hotel so we have a man on the inside!
      I think You and voltage spike opted to have me give you two your drinks in person. You by choice, and Voltage Spike because the member I asked to distribute my thank-yous at DC13 could not find him. (One or two of the people delivered thank-you's to at DC 13 were people I owed beer during DC12, but could not find because one was sick and the other was not there.)

The "a beer" I mentioned here is in addition to the one I would give you in person, pre DC13.

I'm pretty organized with this stuff. I have URLs and notes for these promises. These promises are not my limits, but are minimums...

Someone once said, "You may forget the people to which you owe beer, but they won't." As a result, I try to keep a list of minimums to meet as well as why.

Comment

• just made my reservation for the Riv. never a bad idea to get that taken care of early.
        Originally posted by TheCotMan
        When you say you are with DefCon, they will give "Deluxe Rooms" first (while supplies last- heh.)
        a note about this, when i was speaking to Helga (it seems we all get her when we call) she indicated that the first come, first serve policy was in effect, but that it was contingent upon check-in, not booking. makes me glad i arrive at DefCon so early.
        "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
        - Trent Reznor

Comment

• Originally posted by kallahar
          Recon Gallery up!

http://23b.org/gallery/RivieraRecon/

Some pictures of the menu prices there too.
          GREAT PICTURES!
          THANKS!
          --bc,

Comment

• Originally posted by big chopper
            GREAT PICTURES!
            THANKS!
            --bc,
            Ugh Las Vegas carpeting! Ohh well at least it will mold well with teh effects of a night of excessive drinking. (puke)
            Did Everquest teach you that?

Comment

• Looks like I was beat to the punch- but my pics from the riv are at

http://23b.org/gallery/tacitus_defcon14recon

Comment

• Originally posted by Tacitus
                Looks like I was beat to the punch- but my pics from the riv are at

Okay *I* will buy you a beer then!

If I make it to DC14. :>

Comment

• Originally posted by Tacitus
                  Looks like I was beat to the punch- but my pics from the riv are at

Thanks for the recon.

Al
                  "Are my pants...threatening you?"

Comment

• Originally posted by kallahar
                    Recon Gallery up!

http://23b.org/gallery/RivieraRecon/

Some pictures of the menu prices there too.
                    Thanks for taking the time. 14 should be an interesting shakedown.

Al
                    Last edited by alklloyd; October 19, 2005, 04:59.
                    "Are my pants...threatening you?"

Comment

• Party planning?

How are we to plan for parties? I don't think my inflatables will fit in a room party.

Perhaps those of us who threw pool parties last year should band together to make sure that there is a dj rotation, bars/bartenters and food. If we can still have a pool party.

Frankly, I liked the 3 pool layout as it allowed a varity of music and events.

Aside from this (we have already invested a fair amount in gear and party supplies, and I would hate to see it go to waste or feel I have wasted my $) I'm glad to be rid of the ap.

More details would be nice though.
                      "There are no failed experiments, only more data"

Comment

• Another though...

The hotel has it's own nightclub, think they'd be willing to stay open round the clock? Also, think we could bring in our own DJs?

Comment

• There is also a nice variety of areas around the convention space. If defcon keeps them open 24h then those could make for some good (large) party areas as well. At least there will be less of a chance of people stepping on broken glass with barefoot feet if we're away from the pool too.
                          --- The fuck? Have you ever BEEN to Defcon?

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby_Normal
                            The hotel has it's own nightclub, think they'd be willing to stay open round the clock? Also, think we could bring in our own DJs?
                            I do not think they would do that until 2008 when DT has the option to rent out the whole space.
                            Did Everquest teach you that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby_Normal
                              How are we to plan for parties? I don't think my inflatables will fit in a room party.

Perhaps those of us who threw pool parties last year should band together to make sure that there is a dj rotation, bars/bartenters and food. If we can still have a pool party.

Frankly, I liked the 3 pool layout as it allowed a varity of music and events.

Aside from this (we have already invested a fair amount in gear and party supplies, and I would hate to see it go to waste or feel I have wasted my $) I'm glad to be rid of the ap.

More details would be nice though.
                              I was wondering the same thing. From the recon photos it seems like all the parties will almost have to be moved inside. Room parties will probably be the majority, but in your case some of the chill out rooms with high ceilings may be the only hope to keep the Pumpkin Man alive.

It wouldn't be hard to pull a takeover of a chill out area or grab one of those areas with a bar. I wouldn't worry too much. We'll find ways to adapt.
                              The dude abides.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xodia
                                I was wondering the same thing. From the recon photos it seems like all the parties will almost have to be moved inside. Room parties will probably be the majority, but in your case some of the chill out rooms with high ceilings may be the only hope to keep the Pumpkin Man alive.
                                Do not anger Pumpkin Man!! Pumpkin Man demands a 12 foot tall inflatable woman as tribute this year!

Comment

Working...
                                X