Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The SAT has a pattern

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The SAT has a pattern

    I was taking the PSAT/NMSQT the other day and I noticed at the bottom of each page there were 8 squares, each square is composed of four boxes. Each box represents a number 1 - 4, if box 1 and 4 are filled in then the number is 5, its simple math and easy to figure out. Now I assume there is a pattern or mathmatical equasion that the computer reads to verify correct answers. All I have to do is figure out that darn pattern...

  • #2
    Originally posted by Windblows User
    I was taking the PSAT/NMSQT the other day and I noticed at the bottom of each page there were 8 squares, each square is composed of four boxes. Each box represents a number 1 - 4, if box 1 and 4 are filled in then the number is 5, its simple math and easy to figure out. Now I assume there is a pattern or mathmatical equasion that the computer reads to verify correct answers. All I have to do is figure out that darn pattern...
    So they did not lie to me in school when they said Math was important.....very interesting.
    Did Everquest teach you that?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Windblows User
      I was taking the PSAT/NMSQT the other day and I noticed at the bottom of each page there were 8 squares, each square is composed of four boxes. Each box represents a number 1 - 4, if box 1 and 4 are filled in then the number is 5, its simple math and easy to figure out. Now I assume there is a pattern or mathmatical equasion that the computer reads to verify correct answers. All I have to do is figure out that darn pattern...
      What if boxes 3 and 2 are filled in?
      Answering easy questions since 1987
      Si Dieu est pour moi, qui peut être contre moi?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Windblows User
        All I have to do is figure out that darn pattern...
        What if the pattern is a hash or result from a lookup table with an index as an arg?
        Last edited by TheCotMan; October 13, 2005, 10:24. Reason: spelling

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Windblows User
          I was taking the PSAT/NMSQT the other day and I noticed at the bottom of each page there were 8 squares, each square is composed of four boxes.
          Or maybe it's really 8 boxes, each composed of four squares...hmmm the commutative property of mathematics. You're on the something.

          I might have something more substantial to add, but I took that test at least 15 years ago and haven't cared about it since.

          -g
          Jesus built my car
          It’s a love affair
          Mainly Jesus and my hot rod

          Comment


          • #6
            What if the computer reads the lead spots, like many computers that grade work do?

            PS: Remember your #2 pencil....

            I think, and correct me if I am wrong, that even if there were a pattern to the PSAT/SAT that by cheating at it with the information of finding a pattern, you cheat yourself. Honestly in the end, when you sell this information, which it is assured you will, then everyone will be cheated.

            Am I a teacher? No. I believe most teachers don't know half of the stuff they teach. When I was in physics and the project was to make a car, my friends and I got an erector set, just the basicl oldschool parts...and built a car that had 3 gear ratios. We all got a C in that project, and he kept the car we made. So, honestly, my respect for teachers is low, unless one actually knows what they are teaching.

            The thing I am trying to say as a ramble because I just woke up 5 minutes ago and am making one longass runon sentance is this: Ethics.
            -Ridirich

            "When you're called upon to do anything, and you're not ready to do it, then you've failed."

            Commander W.H. Hamilton

            Comment


            • #7
              Holy shit.. that rumor has been going around for at least 10 friggin years, maybe longer. It isn't happening.. pass the test the old fashion way.. BY KNOWING WHAT THE FUCK YOU ARE DOING!
              Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

              Comment


              • #8
                Yeah man, passing the SAT isn't that hard, I studied a little bit and got a B- so it wasn't that bad.
                Answering easy questions since 1987
                Si Dieu est pour moi, qui peut être contre moi?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Second
                  Yeah man, passing the SAT isn't that hard, I studied a little bit and got a B- so it wasn't that bad.
                  A B- on the SAT considering it is a scaled grading with 800 points for both the math and verbal parts for a total of 1600.
                  Did Everquest teach you that?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by allentrace
                    A B- on the SAT considering it is a scaled grading with 800 points for both the math and verbal parts for a total of 1600.
                    I was joking
                    Answering easy questions since 1987
                    Si Dieu est pour moi, qui peut être contre moi?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Second
                      I was joking
                      K I figured since you spoke French or at least your signatures did you were referring to the BAC which you could compare to our ACT and any other test we take. Did not mean it as a slight against you.
                      Did Everquest teach you that?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by allentrace
                        K I figured since you spoke French or at least your signatures did you were referring to the BAC which you could compare to our ACT and any other test we take. Did not mean it as a slight against you.
                        Ha..Although I speak it, I've only been there on vacation, so the BAC is foreign to me. I didn't take the ACT because I was told it wasn't necessary or as important as the SAT. Did anyone experience differently?
                        Answering easy questions since 1987
                        Si Dieu est pour moi, qui peut être contre moi?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Rofl, yeah.

                          I got bumped up two grades when I was in school, then in my junior year I basicly got kicked out of tech because I had too many credits and got sent to PSU without taking the SAT or ACT.
                          -Ridirich

                          "When you're called upon to do anything, and you're not ready to do it, then you've failed."

                          Commander W.H. Hamilton

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Second
                            Ha..Although I speak it, I've only been there on vacation, so the BAC is foreign to me. I didn't take the ACT because I was told it wasn't necessary or as important as the SAT. Did anyone experience differently?
                            Yeah the ACT I was told was the most important thing colleges look at. I speak French enough to converse in a day-to-day manner having taken 5 years of it and my aunt being fluent in it. I can also speak Swedish/ Norwegian as they are similar...although not that well I can pass for both considering I am 50% Swedish. My mom and dad speak both German and Swedish fluently. So you could say growing I was a little confused as to which language I should be speaking.
                            Did Everquest teach you that?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              The answer is 'c' occasionally it could be 'a' or 'b'. When in doubt, I like to go with 'd'
                              Go catch a falling star.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X