Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Invitation only TCP/IP embedded device contest interest?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Invitation only TCP/IP embedded device contest interest?

I'd be totally down for a unknown untested contest. ;p (heavy sarcasm)

What would be a prize, a huge wrench, ohh... Waiit.

Comment

I'd be interested in participating. Given the number of things Lost is dabbling in though, more realistically the need may be for some one to plan and carry out the gig. If there is interest, I may have the ... insane compulsion ... to do some of the foot work. Anything to get some real solder hacking going.
      -------------------------------------
      Vaka vanha Väinämöinen
      käski nuoren, käski vanhan

Comment

Andrew (Q) and I may be interested in submitting something if we get the time to make it. And, i am sad to say, if we participate the rest of you are so completely fucked that you'd be better off not trying, and possibly not even coming to con at all. stay locked in a closet that weekend to avoid the shame.
        "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
        - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
          And, i am sad to say, if we participate the rest of you are so completely fucked that you'd be better off not trying, and possibly not even coming to con at all.
          Can we just try, a little?
          ======================================
          DJ Jackalope
          dopest dj in the galaxy. *mwah!*

send in the drop bears!
          ======================================

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Jackalope View Post
            Can we just try, a little?
            Heh... you'd be welcome to try out our TCP device, if we can afford to put it all together.
            "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
            - Trent Reznor

Comment

A few years ago a group tied to a defcon group / area code did a TCP/IP enabled contest... and we prepared an entry, went to the table and there was no one there! It was kind of a pisser. Somewhere I should have a picture of our device laying on their "DefconXXX" banner.

Comment

Does this still have a heartbeat?

LosT

Comment

Even if there is no proper contest, everyone make sure to bring your creations over to the Hardware Hacking Village and show them off. I'll even buy the person with best creation (at my sole discretion) an age appropriate beverage.

Comment

Does a mystery box count? hehehe

LosT

Originally posted by A View Post
                    Even if there is no proper contest, everyone make sure to bring your creations over to the Hardware Hacking Village and show them off. I'll even buy the person with best creation (at my sole discretion) an age appropriate beverage.

Comment

Oh cool! Maybe Ryan will win an Ensure vitamin enhanced beverage!

Originally posted by A View Post

Comment

Damn Russ! hrehrhehehehehehe

(Did you know that I use those in place of meals at Defcon?!?! hehehehe)

Originally posted by russ View Post
                        Oh cool! Maybe Ryan will win an Ensure vitamin enhanced beverage!

Comment

Originally posted by LosT View Post
                          Damn Russ! hrehrhehehehehehe

(Did you know that I use those in place of meals at Defcon?!?! hehehehe)
                          You have to shotgun em down to make sure you can get rid of the taste as fast as possible with a chaser.

Comment

It sounds appealing! Maybe I'll try one this year. I'll put a shot of rum in a chocolate one and down that puppy!

Originally posted by 0x58 View Post
                            You have to shotgun em down to make sure you can get rid of the taste as fast as possible with a chaser.

Comment

Working...
                            X