• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hackajar
    replied
    Re: DefCon14 BCCC signup thread

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam
    sounds great... which entrant were you last year? (i don't recall your nick... is it different?)
    That is the real bryan, he has op'ted to compeate against Vegas 2.0 not with We are still in contest though, with our own device

(See dc702 association)

Leave a comment:

• Deviant Ollam
    replied

Originally posted by bryan
    yeah, I'll be in. I think I'll be using a modified version of last years device.
    sounds great... which entrant were you last year? (i don't recall your nick... is it different?)

Leave a comment:

• bryan
    replied

yeah, I'll be in. I think I'll be using a modified version of last years device.

Bryan

Leave a comment:

• Deviant Ollam
    replied

Originally posted by ayeitis
    i'm sometimes pleased when people pour research and funding into alcohol related industries... but this just seems dissapointing to me. from what i can tell, it's a device with two main functions that define its purpose...

1. to be a dumbed-down, easy to operate aparatus that will help business owners to fire experienced bartenders and instead hire minimum wage drink jockeys.

2. to automatically rocket the beer into the glass in such a way that it is guaranteed to produce a foamy head, which they specifically advertise as a way to "get more servings out of each keg"... this is, of course, just a polite way of saying "cheat your customers out of one inch of the beer they're already overpaying you for"

the beers that actually should have a neat head on top (for flavor and sensation's sake) aren't pulled with a traditional tap (least of all a rocket monster like this), they are drawn from a controlled-flow tap. (ever get a Guiness in a proper pub? the tap will have two draft valve settings... one for the main pour, then another for the controlled top-off. if your stout doesn't have a bishop's hat on the top, then your bartender doesn't know his stuff)

this hardware seems best suited for bars that cater to the spring break crowd where everyone's drinking lite beer out of 7 oz plastic cups for $4 a glass.

of course, i could be reading this all wrong and missing the point somehow. in any case, a hearty welcome to the newcomer to the thread and the contest. i eagerly await your contraption.

Leave a comment:

• renderman
    replied

Originally posted by ayeitis
    First timer, but happy to be here and part of the team.
    I'm in, and may have a partner (undecided as of yet)

BTW, I gave these folks a call, and they were very interested in the event-- maybe to the point of bringing out some "product" and conducting a fully interactive demonstration. http://www.turbotap.com

Please hold your applause until this actually comes together...

-Adrian
    "Jello Shot Manager"
    Gamez 'R Us

Now can they hook one to a deck chair by the pool? About a foot over the headrest....

Would be cool if we could have them participate with thier 'pro' gear and see how it goes. Handicap for having a budget and sponsorship though.

Still want to see the mythbusters out there to judge

Leave a comment:

• ayeitis
    replied

First timer, but happy to be here and part of the team.
    I'm in, and may have a partner (undecided as of yet)

BTW, I gave these folks a call, and they were very interested in the event-- maybe to the point of bringing out some "product" and conducting a fully interactive demonstration. http://www.turbotap.com

Please hold your applause until this actually comes together...

-Adrian
    "Jello Shot Manager"
    Gamez 'R Us

Leave a comment:

• Deviant Ollam
    replied
    Originally posted by RedX
    I'll probably be "wearing" my contraption all week
    woot! now i'm really curious as to what you'll be bringing... sounds fantastic.

Leave a comment:

• RedX
    replied
    M3 Likey the cold B33R

The average American drinks 22 Gallons of beer annually, and even though this product would demand a large price premium over a traditional can, the convenience factor and bragging rights would make this a must have item.
    I refute this statistic (i kill 22 gallons monthly) and delve into the glorious world of BCCC ! I'll probably be "wearing" my contraption all week, so if I'm passed out somewhere along the confines of the Defcon event someone just roll me over to the contest and we'll be good to go.

^^ See ya there << game face

Leave a comment:

• Deviant Ollam
    replied
    Originally posted by TheCotMan
    Have you considered contacting MythBusters
    i thought about it, perhaps i'll drop them a line. even if they don't check things out or film it (i'm not one for being on TV, anyway) i'll bet they'd get a kick out of hearing about it.

of course, if they were to drop by just for fun and to watch the proceedings, it would be pretty neat to meet them and let them know how much i appreciate and enjoy the work they do on the show. heh, kari byron could get swarmed by all the sex-starved loners who have fantasized about her over the years.

side note - i may be alone in saying this, but while i have an appreciation for kari's cuteness, etc. i have to say that scottie was much more my style when she was still on the show. skillful and mad capable with all sorts of tools... that's attractive in my book.

Leave a comment:

• TheCotMan
    replied
    Have you considered contacting MythBusters to see if they would be interested in the results of your contest? Don't they film on the west coast? Maybe they would be willing to attend Defcon to see the contest.

Look! They even have their own forums at the discovery site.

Leave a comment:

• Deviant Ollam
    replied
    Originally posted by hackajar
    Vegas 2.0 (former dc702 members) will be in
    sweet, i look forward to seeing you guys again. my curiousity is awakened as i wonder if the victorious device will be returning or if something new is afoot. heh, don't ruin the surprise and give people hints by telling us here.

Leave a comment:

• hackajar
    replied
    Vegas 2.0 (former dc702 members) will be in

I this will include Brian, last years winner

Leave a comment:

• mouseling
    replied
    Loki151, no need to worry, the object isn't to do well. the object is to have fun. If we get a little cold beer out of it, that's a great side effect. Of course, i'm an english beer fan and it's always served room temperature.

-mouse

Leave a comment:

• martianpenguin
    replied
    I'll be entering the contest.

Leave a comment:

• Deviant Ollam
    replied
    Originally posted by loki151
    Please!!!! do this event out doors
    there seems to be the most support for an outdoor venue of sorts... so let's try to ease things into that direction. i'll make sure the powers that be are aware of our preferences.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X