replied
    Re: DefCon14 BCCC signup thread

Short notice, but sign me up.

Leave a comment:

• Deviant Ollam
    replied

Originally posted by bryan
    Is there a timeframe for the contest yet?
    i will be in the outdoor area setting up and having fun with people starting around noon or so on friday, but official entries etc. will not start being tested until maybe 12:30. we will definitely be there until 13:30 or maybe 14:00 since some participants are giving a talk at noon. real casual atmosphere... just come by and have fun!

Leave a comment:

• bryan
    replied

Is there a timeframe for the contest yet?

Bryan

Leave a comment:

• Deviant Ollam
    replied

Originally posted by hackajar
    What if your over 21 but don't want to use beer? Will this effect the outcome of your project and points received?
    i will not stop a contestant from participating in whatever way makes them happiest... but since flavor is part of the game (remember... contraptions are supposed to be engineered in a way that doesn't produce an off-taste to the final beer) it will be harder to judge since non-alcoholic beers are often not outstanding.

also, i can be in no way held responsible if passers-by call participants pussies or lightweights or any other shit should they be over 21 and not drinking at defcon.

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied

Originally posted by hackajar
    What if your over 21 but don't want to use beer? Will this effect the outcome of your project and points received?
    Over 21, no beer, but at Defcon? I think if you so that, a significant portion of the Universe will implode.

Leave a comment:

• hackajar
    replied

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied

I think an "open" beer may be a concern but if it is closed and you don't ask for money for it, hey. It's like asking your kid to get you a beer out of the fridge.

Leave a comment:

• Deviant Ollam
    replied

Originally posted by Demonblaid
    Wait, Its a "Beer" cooling contest. Or a "Beverage" because I happen to be the lowly age of 17.
    underage participants are allowed. if you have anyone on your team who is of age, we can legally hand the beer to them... after it goes through the machine it's up to them what happens to it. we also will have some non-alcoholic beer available if a team has no members over 21. trust me, there's always a way to do just about anything... and participating in the BCCC is no exception. we'll make it happen for whomever shows up.

Leave a comment:

• LosT
    replied

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam

1. to be a dumbed-down, easy to operate aparatus that will help business owners to fire experienced bartenders and instead hire minimum wage drink jockeys.
    What about these:

http://www.livescience.com/scienceof...1117_trot.html
    http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/...videoid=100073
    http://www.motoman.com/products/noni...al/robobar.htm

Long live robots! :) I for one welcome our new robotic bartenders!

-LosT

Leave a comment:

• Demonblaid
    replied

Wait, Its a "Beer" cooling contest. Or a "Beverage" because I happen to be the lowly age of 17.

Leave a comment:

• busprof
    replied

Yessss, I am going to enter the BCCC. Looking forward to
    seeing all the entries and contraptions!

Leave a comment:

• Deviant Ollam
    replied

Ok! Thanks sir. I was wondering because I am unable to attend DefCon this year because I must go to a family reunion. If this event takes place next year I hope to be in it.
    looking forward to seeing what you come up with then. heh, if you make it next year you can be in it... we'll keep some beer cold for ya. er, well, room temperature anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Demonblaid
    replied

Ok! Thanks sir. I was wondering because I am unable to attend DefCon this year because I must go to a family reunion. If this event takes place next year I hope to be in it.

Leave a comment:

• Deviant Ollam
    replied

Sorry if this is unacceptable, but will this event be expected at next years DefCon?
    as long as people keep enjoying it and wanting to show up, i'll keep running it. it's not like we need an excuse at defcon to pour lots of drinks in a huge coordinated effort... but i don't mind the concept.

Leave a comment:

• Demonblaid
    replied

Sorry if this is unacceptable, but will this event be expected at next years DefCon?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X