X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• renderman
    replied
    Originally posted by Zelazny's Cat
    My girlfriend also got me a couple of strippers of different sizes.
    2 questions;

Did she find some sort of muti-pack somewhere?

Do you have the coolest girlfriend on the planet?

Leave a comment:

• noid
    replied
    Originally posted by Zelazny's Cat
    My girlfriend also got me a couple of strippers of different sizes.
    I asked my girlfriend for strippers too, but she wasnt nearly as tolerant as yours is.

Leave a comment:

• Zelazny's Cat
    replied
    I got a lot of tools, wrenches, and bits, including a special set for opening "tamper proof" screws (like the modified torque screws that require a hollow bit, as well as a few others). My girlfriend also got me a couple of strippers of different sizes.

That's about all the "geeky" stuff I got, though I'm probably going to put a gift certificate towards an external 80G hard drive.

Leave a comment:

• bascule
    replied
    Originally posted by astcell
    You mean CASIO, right?
    Whoops, yeah, my sister and my dad got a Canon Powershot Pro, heh

Canon, Casio, cursed camera companies cherish C-names

As for me, I really just wanted something that fit in my pocket that took SD cards

Leave a comment:

• noid
    replied
    I actually didn't get any geek gifts. Got a new tool box, a hydraulic jack (the big shop kind), car alarm, and a Woodman's Pal.

Leave a comment:

• Deviant Ollam
    replied
    Originally posted by Samurai Drifter
    What? Bill Watterson is dead?! I looked with google, but didn't find anything... If he really is, that's a terrible loss...
    hmm, i had read that somewhere, but now that i'm googling for it and can't find anything either, perhaps it was some innacurate rumor.

Leave a comment:

• Vyrus
    replied
    a rolland KC-60 (60 wat keybord amp)

Leave a comment:

• Samurai Drifter
    replied
    Originally posted by Deviant Ollam
    (which is truly now "the complete" what with the recent passing of Bill Watterson)
    What? Bill Watterson is dead?! I looked with google, but didn't find anything... I mean, I know he was reclusive, but you'd think there would be more news about it. If he really is, that's a terrible loss... Calvin and Hobbes is my all-time favorite comic strip.

Anyway, my only gadget gift was an iPod, which was pretty nice. The only complaint I have is the short battery life. Other stuff included Dragon Quest VIII and some anime.
    Last edited by Samurai Drifter; December 26, 2005, 22:47.

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    Originally posted by bascule
    Yeah, deja vu

Anyway, I got a Canon Exilim...
    You mean CASIO, right?

Leave a comment:

• Tacitus
    replied
    Originally posted by bascule
    I figure with Defcon being at the Riviera it won't be a victim of a random pooltossing.

Famous last words.

Leave a comment:

• Deviant Ollam
    replied
    my tech-related gifts were very limited this year. i had asked for almost all books and virtually no gadgets. tho, i did receive a nice pair of Bose active noise-cancelling headphones. i already had audiophile-grade earbuds from Shure... but these are a lot more comfortable and nice to wear for long periods of time. pretty groovy.

don't know if it applies, but of a tangential geek-related nature was a surprise gift that i received... the complete Calvin and Hobbes collection. (which is truly now "the complete" what with the recent passing of Bill Watterson)

hope everyone else is having a fun end-of-year, filled with time off as well as naughty and nice behavior in equal measure.
    Last edited by Deviant Ollam; December 26, 2005, 19:21.

Leave a comment:

• cereal76
    replied
    I got a new GPS from Garmin. Planning on going geocaching when it stops raining.

Leave a comment:

• Thorn
    replied
    My geek gifts:
    *An official Mythbusters t-shirt. The back says "Human Guinea Pig"
    *Binary Clock
    *LED crank-powered flashlight.

Leave a comment:

• bascule
    started a topic Obligatory Christmas loot thread

Obligatory Christmas loot thread

Yeah, deja vu

Anyway, I got a Canon Exilim. Nice little camera, and I figure with Defcon being at the Riviera it won't be a victim of a random pooltossing.
Working...
X