X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheCotMan
    replied
    Originally posted by converge
    --edit: Cot, just saw this at the bottom of the list you checked ....
    "Some of these rules came from the Internet Competition, "The Rules of Netquisition""
    Yep. They made up some of the rules. The first page I found did not have rules of acquisition to cover the 3 you cited, so I kept looking until I found a page that had something. Mostly, I just wanted to see how many weird rules I might be able to quote so make it funnier.
    3: Never spend more for an acquisition than you have to.
    Is actually on-topic (soul for lifetime access?)

25: There's always a way out.
    This was not as funny. I guess something could be worked into being with a fire exit, but it seems to need more work.

Of course this one was on other lists and was appropriate:
    33: It never hurts to suck up to the boss.

Originally posted by Voltage Spike
    We've done it in years past, why stop now?
    Yeah, but this year, we have more space, so the [vendor|game|presentation|*] area will feel less like a game of pong.

Leave a comment:

• Voltage Spike
    replied
    Originally posted by astcell
    With the black badge holders, the RFID tag goes under their skin.
    I would imagine that tracking down the badge (which tends to be watched closely/locked away) is more difficult than tracking down the badge owner (which tends to be open to bribes of the alcoholic nature).

Originally posted by TheCotMan
    If we had RFID badges with maps and overlay of positions, then we could simulate a game of pong by having a line of people move forward and backwards while another person bounces off the walls.
    We've done it in years past, why stop now?

Leave a comment:

• converge
    replied
    according to the list I was referencing, 4 and 25 don't exist. Appearantly every 'complete list' out there is really just a bunch of stuff that people feel like posting and not the actual list compilation .. shrug

--edit: Cot, just saw this at the bottom of the list you checked

"Some of these rules came from the Internet Competition, "The Rules of Netquisition""

Leave a comment:

• TheCotMan
    replied
    Sell your soul to the Dark Tangent ... get into Defcon free for life? ... possibly an equitable idea.

brought to you by the rules of aquisition, numbers 4, 25, and 33.
    Using Google to find a page to decipher this:
    (Page)

3: Never spend more for an acquisition than you have to.
    25: There's always a way out.
    33: It never hurts to suck up to the boss.

Hmm. Really? (heh heh)

Leave a comment:

• converge
    replied
    Sell your soul to the Dark Tangent ... get into Defcon free for life? ... possibly an equitable idea.

brought to you by the rules of aquisition, numbers 4, 25, and 33.

Leave a comment:

• TheCotMan
    replied
    If we had RFID badges with maps and overlay of positions, then we could simulate a game of pong by having a line of people move forward and backwards while another person bounces off the walls.

Also, the Scavenger Hunt could include using such a map/overlay to make an image or spell something out with dots, and take a picture.

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    ... right ... because no one will think to track down a black badge with RFID and try to replicate it before next defcon...?
    With the black badge holders, the RFID tag goes under their skin.

Leave a comment:

• converge
    replied
    ... right ... because no one will think to track down a black badge with RFID and try to replicate it before next defcon...?

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    If we do RFID we won't need security guards checking for badges.

And it will solve the problem of the black badge holders too.

Leave a comment:

• converge
    replied
    Programmable RFID badges that allow you to reference an alias/url/business card info on a public con server/database based on login. When you use your PDA to read the persons RFID, it links up and downloads their public info into your contacts...

Then hook up some antennas throughout the hotel associated to specific GPS coords, tie them to a layout map of the hotel floors. When the RFID comes into proximity of the antenna, judge their general location and velocity based on signal strength. Heh.. could be made into a Wifi Shortgame for the manhunt oh, wait... damn, simpsons did it.

I think the next innovation for that contest would be a functioning trasporter for the running man .. that way the runner once found could be transported to a random selection of preset locations, points would be scored for the folks finding them but the game would continue to go on until their new location was also discovered. I call it.. Where's Waldo, Scotty?

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    Originally posted by KeLviN
    i thaught that having sex with a dead bat was the most goth thing you've done....
    If I didn't take a picture of it, it didn't happen.

Leave a comment:

• erehwon
    replied
    Originally posted by LosT
    Great, now DT is going to track us all with active RFID tags....

Maybe we all need to get the tinfoil underwear now...
    Dunno, I have been looking at these RFID name badges for another project, it would help break the ice with those pale looking shut-ins from the datacenter...

Leave a comment:

• KeLviN
    replied
    i thaught that having sex with a dead bat was the most goth thing you've done....

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    I think the paint transferring black chain was the closest to goth I have ever been.

Leave a comment:

• big chopper
    replied
    This weekend I tried putting my DEFCON badges (dating from DC5) in a frame. I thought it would look cool. It didn't.
    --BC,

Leave a comment:

Working...
X